MVMCP..let's talk about it! (photos welcome!)

jamiesmom07

Mouseketeer
OK, MVMCP... I have never been, will be in the world the week after Thanksgiving. Can you talk about your experience at the party? Pictures? Should we go? Should we not? :confused3

We've been twice and have loved it both times. The first time we went DD were 7 and 4 and we didn't make it til closing. This past year we lasted til the end and they absolutely loved the short to non-existent lines. The atmosphere was great and everything was super festive.

Thanks for the input, just didn't know if I wanted to spend the extra money on the tickets... Did you notice photopass photog?

DH and I went last December and loved it! The parade and fireworks were awesome. The free hot chocolate came in handy since it was record-breaking low temps...brr!:cold: The lines for rides were small to none and the crowd level was low. There was just this festive vibe that is hard to relay. It was worth the extra $ to us, but that's something you'll have to decide. I don't remember seeing photo pass photographers, but then, I was too busy riding things and watching shows!:santa:

We went on our last trip and we were greatly disappointed. We loved MNSSHP and assumed this would be just as great. Not so. It was crowded, lines for characters were ridiculous and although lines for rides were fairly short (20 mins for some of the bigger rides), it was not worth the money they charge for watered down hot chocolate and discount store cookies. We won't spend the money again.

We went on our last trip and we were greatly disappointed. We loved MNSSHP and assumed this would be just as great. Not so. It was crowded, lines for characters were ridiculous and although lines for rides were fairly short (20 mins for some of the bigger rides), it was not worth the money they charge for watered down hot chocolate and discount store cookies. We won't spend the money again.

Thanks for the input. My DS will be 13 and I thought we would do rides and such during the first parade and then watch the second one and watch the fireworks after. Are they as spectacular as advertised?

We attempted to go last Dec I think it was the 5th. We were frozen, it was in high 30's with wind chill in low 30's.

We are going Nov 8th this year, I hope it is in the 60's at least this time. I am taking winter coats with us this time in case.
I had cranky hubby and teen boys that did not want to do anything. So I missed the parade, and we got to see the show in front of the castel and watch the fireworks. At WDW I have noticed the prime spot is not as close to the castle that you can get.

My kids were disappointed in the cookies and cocoa however at least the cocoa was hot.

We did get nice family photos with matching sweaters with Lilo and Stitch.

Opps stole hubby's id again gotta remember I am on his puter not mine
Kiann3

We attempted to go last Dec I think it was the 5th. We were frozen, it was in high 30's with wind chill in low 30's.

We are going Nov 8th this year, I hope it is in the 60's at least this time. I am taking winter coats with us this time in case.
I had cranky hubby and teen boys that did not want to do anything. So I missed the parade, and we got to see the show in front of the castel and watch the fireworks. At WDW I have noticed the prime spot is not as close to the castle that you can get.

My kids were disappointed in the cookies and cocoa however at least the cocoa was hot.

We did get nice family photos with matching sweaters with Lilo and Stitch.

Opps stole hubby's id again gotta remember I am on his puter not mine
Kiann3

How in the world did you get them to wear matching sweaters???? I don't think I could talk mine into doing that. DS(13) thinks it's dorky. ?!?!?!

How in the world did you get them to wear matching sweaters???? I don't think I could talk mine into doing that. DS(13) thinks it's dorky. ?!?!?!

My boys did it for me, and smiled for the pics then I bought them pizza:)

LOL Bribery works wonders. We are wearing matching sweaters again this year if I have my way.

We are going to our first MVMCP and I can't wait!! I was thinking about dressing the baby in a cute Christmas dress. Would that be silly? I thought it would look cute in the photopass pictures.

We are going to our first MVMCP and I can't wait!! I was thinking about dressing the baby in a cute Christmas dress. Would that be silly? I thought it would look cute in the photopass pictures.

That would be adorable! I loved it when I could dress mine up and he never made a peep. Look out now, he's all about what he's gonna wear, no Christmas outfits for us. :(

:woohoo: Well I'm super excited to to to MVMCP this year! First time, and I can't wait. I'm a Christmas nut for sure!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter