MVMCP is it Worth it?

I am wondering the same. The only day we have to go is Nov. 11th which is Veteran's Day. We are just tacking on a day after a cruise. Not sure if we should do the Christmas party or pay a few extra bucks and just do a regular park day at another park. We have done several Halloween parties which we really enjoyed but last year I felt the crowds were way higher as well. Considering it is Veteran's Day I imagine it will be crowded no matter what.

It should be done at least once and then you can decide if its worth it in the future. We did it once.. not worth it IMO, but I am glad we did it that one time just to satisfy my curiosity.

This is just me and my son in his 20s. We went to a sold out party with my mom and nephew (were just going to do one day at the MK) and for a change of pace did the party instead of the regular day (my mom's preference). While any time at the MK is fun, I found the crowds way larger than I expected. Only for the last two rides of the night did we have short lines for big attractions (Did two rides on Space Mountain). We had an hour wait for 7DMT and that was checking it three different times and finally just deciding to do it. We skip that ride now (just not worth the wait), but wanted to do it once. I prefer going to the MK when I can do rope drop. The parades were super crowded too, and we did the second the supposedly less crowded one. I think they sell too many tickets. We had a relatively short list of things to do and did get our must dos in, but just barely. We were there an hour and a 1/2 after closing too, checked out Mainstreet USA giftshops (lots of people there late). If you are into characters, they have some that aren't always at the parks regularly. For us, unless we are doing something with extended family who want to go, it was a one and done experience. Do note the ages in our party were 20 and older, not sure if that makes a difference or not. (My favorite is actually the regular MK park on a party day with short hours -- because of the short hours it's not crowded at all.) This does not work, however, if you want to see fireworks and the night time projection show at the park, which my son really likes to do. I hate how crowded the MK park is on non-party days during party season.

I hate how crowded the MK park is on non-party days during party season.
Yes, me too. This is one of my reasons for wanting to go to wdw after mnsshp is finished and before mvmcp starts. So i dont have to deal with the horrible crowds on non-party days. Its awful! I use to go every year in Oct but switched it up recently due to crowds.

i am still left wondering for my november trip - if i've already done DAH @ MK and MNSSHP is it not worth it to do the MVMCP? i've had the feel of being in the park for a special event, seen the fireworks, eaten some of the special treats and ridden the rides, many of which were still a decent wait... do i need to spend the $ on this event too? anyone here do all 3? (DAH, MNSSHP & MVMCP)
thanks!

If you are a Christmas "nut", you should probably do it once. Is it worth the money per ticket? That is subjective, but if I were paying to go to the party I would say no.
I would find better value in paying for an After Hours ticket.

We are doing it this year with my 18 month old since she would be free and she typically stays up to about 9-10 pm anyways. Also, I found out when I bought my tickets that as a DVV member I’m granted entrance into the park at 2pm. I figured with a toddler it would be a way for her to see the parade and lower cost since she would be free.

i am still left wondering for my november trip - if i've already done DAH @ MK and MNSSHP is it not worth it to do the MVMCP? i've had the feel of being in the park for a special event, seen the fireworks, eaten some of the special treats and ridden the rides, many of which were still a decent wait... do i need to spend the $ on this event too? anyone here do all 3? (DAH, MNSSHP & MVMCP)
thanks!

We've done all 3. We did MNSSHP (2015, 2017) DAH & MVMCP (2018). We specifically went last year during a time so we could do MVMCP. It was fun and Disney is beautiful decorated with Christmas decorations, I'm still not sure we would do it again. The crowds seem to get bigger every year and for a special ticketed event, it feels just as busy as the day. If your going to ride rides with shorter waits, I wouldn't spend the money. If you're going for the Christmas atmosphere or to meet special characters, maybe give one a try. We did DAH and MVMCP last year and we honestly felt DAH was waaaaaayy better then MVMCP. We were lucky and had one of the lowest attended DAH that they've had, less then 750 tickets sold. We were able to see and accomplish so much more during DAH then any of the parties ever could offer. Next year is the first year we are going away from the Oct and Nov/Dec trips and are going during times that typically offer DAH, because we loved it so much more and felt we got more bang for our buck.

We went the week after Thanksgiving 2018. Thinking that would be a slow week. We booked the Tuesday night MVMCP and it's a one and done for us. It was entirely to crowded. It felt like a regular park day. We had gone to the Halloween party in 2017 and liked that much better. Smaller crowds and it felt more specialized. I do not recommend the party.

Lol. I agree with this. Walmart cookies, watered down hot chocolate, and an xmas parade is basically what youre paying for. Waste of money. In terms of decor, you can see the parks in xmas decorations on any other day. The halloween party is much more fun....its especially fun to dress up and go trick or treating as an adult. You get so much candy! :teeth: And personally hallowishes if far more impressive than the xmas party fireworks.

Spot on. Our same experience and recommendation.

My family went to MVMCP in December 2016 and I found it a complete waste of money looking back. I did enjoy getting to see the Christmas parade and the Holiday Wishes but those are not worth $100 pp to me.

I would like to do MNSSHP one day though, I've heard that one is better than the Christmas party.
I did MNSSHP in 2006 and MVMCP in 2014 and the Halloween party was superior imho.My hubby went as Walt Disney and CMs LOVED that! He had soooo much attention! The MVMCP we attended was Nov 2014 and it was FREEZING, so cold some ppl thought the fake snow was real🤣! We had fun and the tin soldiers were great, but my mom was terminally ill at the time,so I think we didnt enjoy it fully as we were stressed.Going to wdw and the MVMCP 11/22, so we'll see how it is, but to this day, the MNSSHP we attended is among my FAVORITE wdw memories of all our 6 family trips!

Me and my husband are going to our first mvmcp Nov 8th the first day this year. We are pretty much using the event as a way to do rides with a shorter wait. 20-30 min max I hope. It pretty much saves us a whole park day and totally worth the money atleast for us. The cookies and drinks are just a bonus.

Unless your in laws want to stay at the resort with your baby, and you and your wife want to have a date night, I would say not worth it for your party. The advantages of the xmas and halloween parties for my family is that my kids get to ride the big rides with little to no wait. So we typically run from ride to ride. They also like the parade and fireworks. They do an early parade but the fireworks aren't til later. I would say the cookies and hot coco add nothing "special" to the event so if you're going looking for quality and quantity free food and such, you won't find it. If you are looking to meet characters, they do have some special meet and greets but be prepared to get there early and stand in line for those. Just really depends on what your party is interested in but I would say in general, no, it's not necessarily "worth it" for the cost in your situation. The parks will be all decorated for the holidays regardless so you won't miss out on that. Just be mindful if you don't go to the party which nights it's offered and make your touring plans around it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter