Muppetvision - fun for kids who are not familiar?

Scotch

DIS Veteran
My kids (6 and 9) have never watched the Muppets; DH and I watched only a bit growing up and don't really care about them. I'm wondering if you have to be familiar with the characters to enjoy this. Will kids (and adults) find this attraction fun regardless of whether they know about the Muppets?

I don't think so. They are funny no matter what you already know. Some parts, like the two old guys in the balcony may not make much sense, but that is a small part. The show uses lots of fun 3D tricks that are considered gratuitous if used in today's movies, but are really a lot of fun.

It's an easy show to see, and in a park with fewer family attractions. I don't think you will be disappointed in it.

Watching the show will get the kids familiar with the characters. Since they continue to make Muppets movies, you might as well show it to them! :)

I only watched a tiny bit of the Muppet movies as a kid, but we love the show in DHS! I recommend the 2011 movie, and the original from the 70s too! The latter used to be available for streaming on Netflix, don't know if it still is.

Ahhh yes, Muppetvision

It is a Salute to All Nations...But Mostly America :)

The Muppets are great,your kids are only 6 and 9 years old,maybe they might see the 3-D show at DHS and then watch a movie when they get back home and the Muppets might become a favorite.I don't think I saw anything Muppets until I was 7-8 years old and 30 years later they're one of my favorites.

I just looked up some info on the muppets and found that a new movie called Muppets Most Wanted is coming out in 2014.

I grew up watching The Muppet Show on TV....my kids never saw The Muppets prior to visiting WDW, but they loved the show....especially when they were little (7 & 10 first time around) but even last time when they were 13 & 17 they loved it with no Muppet knowledge! Have fun!

My kids had never even heard of the muppets until we went to the movie at HS. Now it's their must do attraction every visit. My son howls with laughter everytime he sees Beaker. :)

I just looked up some info on the muppets and found that a new movie called Muppets Most Wanted is coming out in 2014.

I took my DD to see Frozen last night and Muppets Most Wanted was previewed. I'm not a big Muppets fan but it looks pretty funny! :)

my nieces and nephews didn't really watch any of the movies and still enjoy the show. The 3-D aspect is always fun to see

I agree with everyone, it's cute regardless. And you get to sit and relax for 15 minutes, so that's always nice :goodvibes

I've been going to WDW since I was 3 and love the Muppets. Its the one ride we do at least 3 times when we visit MGM. I just recently found the Muppet show on Youtube and now I understand why the show is the way it is, but I think you can still enjoy it without seeing the Muppets beforehand. I'd try to watch the pre-show too if you can. The penguins are my favorite part.

I watched the muppets some growing up but honestly didn't care for them. I'm not sure DS knew the muppets all. We both like Muppet Vision 3d. I think it's good even if you don't know the characters.

Did your kids not watch Sesame Street either? Kermit would at least be familiar if that was the case.

We love the Muppets and always recommend them even to the unfamiliar.

Did your kids not watch Sesame Street either? Kermit would at least be familiar if that was the case. We love the Muppets and always recommend them even to the unfamiliar.
I don't think Kermit's on Sesame Street any more.

I watched the muppets some growing up but honestly didn't care for them. I'm not sure DS knew the muppets all. We both like Muppet Vision 3d. I think it's good even if you don't know the characters.

I've never been a Muppet fan either, but I really enjoy the show. Some of the humor sort of skews adult (in a clever way, not an "adult" way). I would def take the kids to it because I'd want to see it.:earsboy:

I'm told that he can pop up occasionally but I don't know. My son is WAY past Sesame Street age. :)

I never saw him when DS was still into SS. SS is WAY different now than it used to be, and honestly we found most of the programming on Sprout to be far superior to what Sesame Street has become. Sad! (SS and I share a birth year, afterall!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter