MSEP Premiere party

Accident

DIS Veteran
Just ran into this on facebook. I'm so tempted to get on a plane for this one. 1 night after hours with parade party... :(

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/events-tours/disneyland/electrical-parade-party/

To commemorate the parade’s return to Disneyland Park after 20 years away, we’re having a one-night premiere event! We’ll take you back to 1972, when the Main Street Electrical Parade first rolled down Main Street, U.S.A. This groovy shindig begins at 7:30 PM, after the park closes for non-party Guests, and lasts until midnight.

Can You Dig It?
You’ll have plenty of time to play around the park during this limited engagement. And when it’s time to assemble along the parade route, be prepared to experience the sights and sounds of this sensational procession!

A ticket to the Main Street Electrical Parade Premiere gives you:

• Admission to Disneyland Park from 7:30 PM to midnight
  • Viewing of the parade
  • Collectible event credential
  • Red carpet welcome
  • Access to most park attractions
  • A 70s dance party at Tomorrowland Terrace
  • Special Disney PhotoPass locations
  • Complimentary Disney PhotoPass downloads
  • Complimentary parking at Mickey & Friends Parking Structure after 6:00 PM
Dance to the Max
Because we’re taking you back to the 70s, period attire is encouraged. So patch those bell bottoms, shine your platform shoes and be ready to boogie!

Be among the first Guests to purchase commemorative Main Street Electrical Parade merchandise at select shops. And if you get hungry, food, beverages and snacks will be available for purchase at select locations.

I am going. There is a pretty good chance of rain. I hope the rain doesn't cancel the parade since that is the only reason I am going to be there.

If I see you Tom, I'll say hello to you. I bought some bell bottom pants and shirt with a big peace sign on it. Not sure if I will get around to finding some platform shoes by then.

I am intently watching the forecast and for Thursday it says a.m. rain so it looks like it will be good for MSEP. I'm contemplating buying tickets just so I can be in the park longer on the non rainy night since Friday is saying 100% chance of rain with heavy downpours possible. I'm cool with rain, I'm from Seattle, but I don't know how I feel about downpours.

If I wasn't already going to be there on 1/21, I would go on Thursday. But, I don't want to be there only to drive home and back a day later and the kids can't miss school, so I'll probably skip it. It looks like it will be fun though and probably not too crowded since there are still tickets available.

The Disney Parks Blog just posted an article about what happens if the parade is canceled.

I'm very skeptical, though, that people will stay the entire time if it's pouring. It sounds like the potential ticket will be given out at the very end of the party.

The Disney Parks Blog just posted an article about what happens if the parade is canceled.

I'm very skeptical, though, that people will stay the entire time if it's pouring. It sounds like the potential ticket will be given out at the very end of the party.
Thanks for the info. For those who haven't seen it, here's what it says:
"
UPDATE 1/17/17: Some of our guests have asked whether the Main Street Electrical Parade Premiere party will still be held in the event of rain. If the parade performance on Jan. 19 is cancelled because of the weather, don’t worry – we’ll have you covered. All guests in attendance who purchased event tickets can receive a complimentary one-day, one-park ticket so they can return on another date to see the popular nighttime spectacular*. Click here for more information. The party will go on – rain or shine – and there will be so much fun to have during this limited-capacity event, like the chance to ride some of your favorite Disneyland park attractions over and over throughout the night. There is still time to purchase tickets for this once-in-a-lifetime party to celebrate the return of the Main Street Electrical Parade! Click here for ticket information.

*Complimentary tickets will be available only upon the cancellation of the parade performance on January 19, 2017. Guests must be present at the event to obtain a complimentary ticket. Consideration or tickets will not be distributed upon the change or cancellation of any other event elements or activities. Complimentary tickets must be redeemed at Disneyland Park to view the Main Street Electrical Parade. If complimentary tickets are redeemed at Disney California Adventure Park or on another day when the parade is not scheduled or its showing is cancelled, no further tickets or consideration will be offered. Complimentary tickets may not be sold, redeemed for cash or used for upgrades and are subject to other restrictions."

Since I have a Signature AP, the one day ticket to Disneyland has no value to me. Hopefully, it will be transferable and I can let my husband use it, or one of my daughters on one of the blacked out days.

EDIT TO ADD: The parade is at 9:30pm and it says tickets will be issued if the parade is cancelled. I think people will be able to get their tickets right after 9:30.

I wonder how much rain is needed for it to rain out. Might be worth the gamble to get a free ticket, worst case we can ride as many rides as humanly possible.

I wonder how much rain is needed for it to rain out. Might be worth the gamble to get a free ticket, worst case we can ride as many rides as humanly possible.
It's not really a free ticket. We paid $95. to see the first run of the parade. If it is cancelled, they will give us a one day ticket to DL that can only be used on days when the parade is scheduled. We paid $95. to see the parade. If we don't see it, they will give us another chance to see it on another date. Personally, I'd rather have a refund of my $95.

You're definitely right, it's not free, I have weird logic. In my crazy head I was thinking if it gets cancelled and I receive a one day one park ticket we could come back saturday (better weather) evening after a day at universal. I'm worried that Friday we could get rained out at least part of the day so that would make up for that missed portion of the day. Right now I'm only planning on buying 2 day park hoppers. Again, I'm crazy and I've been working every scenario and don't plan to buy my tickets until tomorrow morning.

EDIT TO ADD: The parade is at 9:30pm and it says tickets will be issued if the parade is cancelled. I think people will be able to get their tickets right after 9:30.

Where do you see that the parade is at 9:30?

From your link above:
Q: What time is the parade scheduled to perform?
A: We will perform the parade sometime between 8 and 11:30 p.m., if and when the weather permits!

Thanx

From your link above:
A: We will perform the parade sometime between 8 and 11:30 p.m., if and when the weather permits!

Thanx
That is what they told me on the phone when I bought the tickets. I was told we could enter at 7:00pm, the dance party would begin at 7:30pm and the parade would be at 9:30pm. It makes sense they've changed it since they will want to run in between showers if possible.

From your link above:

Thanx

The media will be watching the 8:15pm showing of World of Color (spoiler alert, it will include the Lunar New Year pre-show a day early), so I'm guessing they'll have to wait until at least 9pm to run MSEP.

Anyone know if this is sold out? Disneyland site still has purchase info (by phone or in person) but does that really mean they're still available? I know site info can be sketchy...

Anyone know if this is sold out? Disneyland site still has purchase info (by phone or in person) but does that really mean they're still available? I know site info can be sketchy...

Answering my own question in case anyone else is wondering. Tickets were still available as of 6pm this evening when I decided to take the risk on weather and drive down tomorrow (from SF). I'm so excited!!! Please let the weather cooperate! Later evening looks possibly ok at the moment...

Here is a link to the local newspaper (OC Register) article about tonight's event...

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/-741516--.html

So watching the local morning news, and it looks like there might not be a MSEP until next week (No parades this weekend based on the forecasts, of course, subject to change).

And I love this comment in the OCR article...

>>Little has been changed with the 45-year-old Main Street Electrical Parade – from the signature theme song, “Baroque Hoedown,” to the hundreds of thousands of light bulbs that shine from its nearly two dozen floats and 80 costumed performers.<<

But I have one of the light bulbs I got 21 years ago... ;)

Good luck to all who attend, I will be here in the Hospital, warm and dry....

But I have one of the light bulbs I got 21 years ago.
I remember when they were selling those for $50/per bulb. They said the parade was going away and would never be back. I wanted one of those lightbulbs, but never bought one.

Sorry to read you are in the hospital. I hope everything goes well with that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter