• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Moving to Florida!

mirandasue133

Earning My Ears
Ok, I'm so sorry mods if this is the wrong place to post this- I couldn't decide which forum to post this in!

It is official- my DH & I are moving to Florida! Since we got the DisneyFever a few years ago, we have talked about moving here eventually. It ended up working out with the company we work for, and we are both transferring down in mid-July with our company to Lake Mary. We are so supremely excited. So.... locals- any tips? upcoming things of interest? meets? I am open to pretty much any advice. What do I need to know?

Thank you so much for any advice or help! I am a longtime member & lurker of these boards and value any input from other members- everyone here knows so much about DisneyWorld!

No tips, but wanted to wish you luck! I'm moving to FL soon hopefully too. My husband is already living/working down there and I'm in NJ until the house sells.

Prepare yourself for all the "why are you moving to FL? don't you know how HOT it is there???" comments. And all the people that say, "You'll be back in 5 years." That drives me crazy.

Have fun! It's exciting.

Live along the I-4 corridor if you plan on going to WDW a lot. Maitland and Winter Park are good areas.

Since you will be working in Lake Mary, you will definitely be wise to live in that area instead of having to deal with I-4 everyday. The theme parks will be a good trip for you but still...being an hour away is much better than a lot of people on here can say. ;)

I'm a member of a FL DISboarders Facebook group. It's a great way to meet people who go to Disney and we are always having some kind of meet.

I can send you the link when I get home if you are interested? Just send me a PM.

Since you will be working in Lake Mary, you will definitely be wise to live in that area instead of having to deal with I-4 everyday. The theme parks will be a good trip for you but still...being an hour away is much better than a lot of people on here can say. ;)

I'm a member of a FL DISboarders Facebook group. It's a great way to meet people who go to Disney and we are always having some kind of meet.

I can send you the link when I get home if you are interested? Just send me a PM.

I'm sending you a PM. Can you send me the link too? I'll be living in Lakeland when I finally get there...

Welcome to Central Florida and my you spend many years here in happiness and good health.

Best wishes.

Welcome:banana:

Heard the "5 year" thing to.

Now I am on year 7 and NEVER moving back!

I've yet to experience the really miserably hot/humid months, but I don't foresee wanting to ever move back north. I'll take the hot/humid over freezing and snow. I'm so looking forward to having flowers blooming almost all year.

I can't wait.

We want to move next year. We're so sick of the snow it isn't funny. We really just want to move south, but my parents live down there and it'd be nice to be close to family (if/when we decide to start a family of our own.)

I've told a few people and they think we're crazy because of the heat. I just look at it this way...up here, we hibernate for 4 months out of the year (at least) because it's freezing and we're up to our eyeballs in snow. Down there we'll hibernate during the summer instead. But at least when we want to go somewhere we don't need to check to see how bad it's snowing out first!!!

Good luck with the move!!

I live in Sanford, right next door to Lake Mary, and I love it! I like being so close to so many things.

My advice? When looking for places to stay, don't rule out other towns nearby: Longwood, Sanford, etc.

Hope all goes well with the move! :goodvibes

I live in Sanford, right next door to Lake Mary, and I love it! I like being so close to so many things.

My advice? When looking for places to stay, don't rule out other towns nearby: Longwood, Sanford, etc.

Hope all goes well with the move! :goodvibes

How are the schools in the area?

We are seriously considering moving to Florida and are trying to decide where to go!

How are the schools in the area?

We are seriously considering moving to Florida and are trying to decide where to go!

I don't have little ones, so no first hand experience, but everyone I know seems to be happy. Plus, it's something the real estate agents keep harping about when they ask if I am interested in selling the house.

Also, my boyfriend graduated from an area school, and I guess he is bright enough :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter