Moving in 2 days......why do I feel....

Pembo

OH-IO
like we are making a huge mistake! I'm excited about moving closer to dh's new job and all that. I think I'm worried about the new house. We were there today for our "final walkthrough". Our yard hasn't been graded, so we have dirt and mud and a weedy section. I'm stressing about where the dog is going to go. I wanted to get the new swingset built for the boys, again need graded. The realtor said he wasn't sure when it would get done, I know there is nothing I can do about it but it's adding to my feeling of dread.

We were in the first floor laundry room, it's very small and the sink will be between the washer and dryer. I don't like that idea. The dining area isn't very big. The room the boys are going to share looks too small. And then there is the $$$.

Basically I'm stressing about everything!!!!!

Is this normal? When we moved 6 years ago I was just so depressed about moving away from my family I don't remember much else. I'm moving close to family now and that worries me too. UGH! This morning I found myself longing for that WDW vacation to take me away................

Thanks for listening............
:(

Pembo,

This sounds pretty normal to me. I have moved about a dozen times in 25 years of marriage including several out of state. There is a lot of stress involved and, unfortunately, the woman takes most of it. DH was worried about getting up and running at work. I made two out of state moves either pregnant or with a toddler AND pregnant. With all the unpacking and such, I nearly went over the deep end.

When you have your familiar belongings in your home you will be able to make the decisions you need to. Sometimes things don't fit the way we planned so you adapt. It will work out but it may not fall right into place.

Just remember it does not have to be done in one day. Or two. Take your time and put things where they will be best. Let the boys help make some decisions so they will feel better in the new home too.

There is a lot of loss leaving a home you are comfortable in. Somewhere you brought your babies home to, entertained friends and had those quiet special times with your spouse. You will make new memories and I bet within 2 weeks you feel much better about the house. Good luck. Remember, I am just around the corner if you want to talk.

Cordia

Stop it! Take a breath and then take another one.

Moving is stressful for anyone. Make a list of the things you have to worry about today, and then make a list of the things that you can't do anything about at the moment. Just deal with what you have to deal with and put the rest on hold until it's time.

{{{hugs}}}

Calm down Pembo. Don't let the stress get to you. Of course there is sadness when leaving a house, but you are taking "home" with you. Things will be just fine.

Don't worry Pembo, I think it's pretty normal fearing the unknown. From the photo you had once posted, the house looks beautiful. You'll make it work, don't worry.

My DH & I used to live just outside of Los Angeles. I had loads of in-law problems, so when my DH decided he wanted to move us to MI (to be near my family), I couldn't be more thrilled. We sold our condo the day before I gave birth to my 1st DS. As soon as I returned from the hospital, I was packing! My DH was working, so I handled everything. All the arrangements for the moving van, all the arrangements to have the cars shipped over, all the arrangements with a friend in MI who would receive one of our cars which we shipped out ahead of time, so we'd have wheels once we arrived in MI, etc....there was tons to do. Anyway, here I was with a brand new baby with colic, all this stress & work ahead of me....I was so impressed how I handled it graciously. Moving day arrived, my DH, new baby son & I got on the plane, sat down & suddenly I heard all these uncontrollable loud sobs coming from somewhere....it was ME! It finally all hit me & I was shaking & crying uncontrollably! My DH thought perhaps I was sick but I guess I was just stressed (to the max.)

So....all kinds of strange thoughts, feelings etc. can come about during a move. It's scary closing the door on one part of your life & entering another phase. Be sure & take photo's of the home you're vacating....the kids will be asking you questions about it once they get a little older.

Just move forward & don't look back Pembo. Everything will be fine.

(((Hugs)))) to you!!

You will survive. I did. we just bought our first house May 23. We are moved in, half my stuff is still packed and my house looks empty. We moved from a small stuffed three bedroom house to a huge three bedroom that is just about triple in size. I don't have near enough stuff to fill it. But Oh well I have thirty years to fill it up.
But I was the same way, can we afford it? will we like it? Should we buy now or wait? Now I am glad we did. We couldn't be buying at a better time with all the interest rates so low. Think about buying just a couple years ago and imagine your house payment compared to now.

Calm down and enjoy your new house. I think I have seen pictures and If i am not mistaken it is a brand new house and that would be wonderful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter