• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Most 'Un-Disney Thing I've Ever Seen

popsynic

DIS Veteran
Just saw pics of the new Downtown Disney Car Cark - and have to say that is one ugly looking construction.

Yes, I realise it's just a car park - but it's just so - well - 'un-Disney'

I thought they might theme it / decorate it / make it look less 'dull' / make it brighter

Not sure personally that this will look or feel safe later in the evenings

ScreenShot2014-11-22at101040.png

ScreenShot2014-11-20at173831.png

How would decorating make a parking deck safer?

WDW has never themed parking areas. The only use in any parking lots is the designation of character names for certain sections of parking.

I really don't care what the parking deck looks like, I'll be focusing on getting out of the car and checking out what Disney Springs has to offer.

They'll have time to have fun decorating it later if they decide to. They just needed to get it open right now to help with the big parking problem.

It's not like it's Disneyworld's first unthemed guest area.

Have you seen the parking garage at Kidani Village?

Not a place I think Disney should waste money in decorating! We don't spend time there and I'm sure they dont want to encourage ppl to hang out in decorated parking garage over spending time shopping. I could see it, ppl standing around photo graphing parking spots and Disney now charging to park at DTD.

I'm not sure why it looks unsafe to you just because it it isn't themed. This looks like any other parking garage in America. You park there, you don't hang out there. We drove by it on Monday night....that place is a disaster and I will not go back to DD until they open it up.

Pffft. A parking lot is a parking lot and a parking garage is a parking garage. Plant some trees outside it to soften the edges and call it a day.

As long as it provides more places to park so I don't have to drive around for 30 min to find a space, I don't care what it looks like!

Parked in it a few days ago, not sure what the OP was expecting, but it's really nice as far as parking garages go. There are sidewalks, escalators, a bank of elevators, and it's really well lit.

Of course I'm currently parked in the Kidani Village garage, so maybe I just like convenience over acres of asphalt.

If they made it so fancy that people would ooh and aah over it, it would then be unsafe. It can't be so pretty that it is a distraction. It is a parking garage, not sure why it should have to be dressed up.

Can't believe either this is the second post where someone is complaining the parking garage isn't fancy enough. Just when you think you have heard everything....

Maybe you like the Micky and Friends Garage and Disneyland better.

3944309969_0af6d55415_z.jpg

It looks like a parking garage.

1.jpg

Maybe the parking garage at Tokyo Disney is more to your liking.

Overview%2012.jpg

It's a parking garage. I don't think I've ever seen a pretty one.

Second thread complaining about a parking garage??I'm 100% certain they'll add something to Disneyfy it a bit but more important than that is to get it open to make parking easier,the crowds are coming for the holidays and that's the biggest issue.

And it actually looks pretty,big,bright and airy in there,I hate parking in small,tight,dark parking garages,this one looks alright!!!

I think I'd be more scared at midnight finding my vehicle and having a dimly lit large character head leering over me. lol

Well...how dare Disney build a parking garage to look like a parking garage!:rotfl2::rotfl2:Now our December trip is really ruined!:lmao::lmao:popcorn::

Wow, these threads are really getting silly now. The parking garage is the most "Un-Disney" thing you've ever seen? Get a grip people.

The more it looks inviting, the more children might chose to linger in unsafe areas with moving vehicles. The more foreboding, less likely children will wonder.

Security could be more of a factor in the bland decorations than folks realize.

Regardless, I recall seeing a post on another thread with a similar discussion linking an article that indicated Disney plans to provide some theming from what is presently visible.

However, I would not raise hopes too much.

Okay, first of all, it is just a parking garage. I get that.

I have zero qualms with the inside. It looks clean and easy to navigate.

But, the outside is incredibly utilitarian and industrial. I feel like they could have done a bit more to add some playful elements to the exterior. You don't want to draw a bunch of attention to a parking garage, but some nice shades of "go away green" or blue could have been nice. And maybe some tinted Plexiglas around the stairwell with Mickey and pixie dust etched onto it.

I donno. My interior designer self just wants there to be a little more love put into it. Don't go crazy or try to cover it in cartoons. Just a few simple touches to make it a bit less everyday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter