• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Most romantic resorts, favorite secret spots

Julia L

Earning My Ears
So in your opinions, which resort is the MOST romantic disney get away and why? And do you have any favorite spots to sit and watch fire works, have a drink, a nice view? Which resort has the best way to end the perfect date at disney?

The small beach at the Poly off the path to the Grand Floridian is usually empty. There is a bench swing to sit on with your loved one.

This works for my partner and me:

We love the Epcot Resorts area. When we want to have a "date night" experience we start off with cocktails at the Belle Vue Lounge at the Boardwalk Inn (it's been our experience that it's USUALLY one of the quieter (less kids) lounges at WDW), then we stroll over to the Dolphin for a fabulous lobster dinner at bluezoo, then we walk over to either Jellyrolls for a couple hours of raucous piano/sing a long antics or Kimonos for karaoke (depending on our mood). Then we cap things off with a complete stroll around Crescent Lake (with a stop or two at one of the many benches around the lake for some PDAs (family friendly, but usually by then it's pretty deserted) , then we return to our room at whichever Epcot Resort we're staying that visit.

We find that each of the deluxes and moderates has areas that are conducive to romance.

My sweetie and I will be celebrating 25 years together next month at the World.

My favorite romantic resort is BWI. The lobby is simply lovely, I love the theming and the music that is played throughout the resort - very quiet and serene. They have some lovely, secluded quiet pools and it is so nice to be out on the Boardwalk at night for the entertainment, atmosphere or simply a stroll. It's also nice in the morning for the very reasons and it's lovely to stroll to both EP and DHS. BWI just doesn't seem as hustle-and-bustley as the other resorts. YC would probably fit this bill as well, though I don't like the theming as much as BWI. If you are looking for a mod, I would consider POFQ.

If you are looking for a resort to view fireworks, I agree with luau beach at the Poly as karm12 mentioned above. It is typically empty, but they do not pipe the music in. You can go to the outside patio at Trader Sam's however and have a drink, hear the music and see the fireworks. At that time of night Trader Sam's is adults-only. For a romantic resort, however, I wouldn't stay at the Poly. While I love the theming, the restaurants leave something to be desired (not romantic at all) and there is much more hustle and bustle there than at the Boardwalk.

This works for my partner and me:

We love the Epcot Resorts area. When we want to have a "date night" experience we start off with cocktails at the Belle Vue Lounge at the Boardwalk Inn (it's been our experience that it's USUALLY one of the quieter (less kids) lounges at WDW), then we stroll over to the Dolphin for a fabulous lobster dinner at bluezoo, then we walk over to either Jellyrolls for a couple hours of raucous piano/sing a long antics or Kimonos for karaoke (depending on our mood). Then we cap things off with a complete stroll around Crescent Lake (with a stop or two at one of the many benches around the lake for some PDAs (family friendly, but usually by then it's pretty deserted) , then we return to our room at whichever Epcot Resort we're staying that visit.

We find that each of the deluxes and moderates has areas that are conducive to romance.

My sweetie and I will be celebrating 25 years together next month at the World.

Wow I didnt know kimonos existed i'll def be going for karaoke. Only a little issues is im 17, my boyfriend could get into the bars but I obviously cant drink or anything so i'm wonder if you know any all age romantic spots?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter