• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Most comfortable shoes for boys?

msdroz

DIS Veteran
Hi there... was looking for your recommendations on a comfortable shoe for the parks for my 5 year old (size 13). I was looking at crocs and keens, but was wondering if there is anything else out there I'm not aware of. Also, do you think sandals or tennis shoes with socks would work better (in mid May).

Thanks so much! The last thing I want is for him to get blisters and have it ruin his day :)

We're going in June and I just bought Keens for my boys (ages 5 and 9). The saleslady said she buys Keens for her boys every summer.

Hi there... was looking for your recommendations on a comfortable shoe for the parks for my 5 year old (size 13). I was looking at crocs and keens, but was wondering if there is anything else out there I'm not aware of. Also, do you think sandals or tennis shoes with socks would work better (in mid May).

Thanks so much! The last thing I want is for him to get blisters and have it ruin his day :)

My ds brings Keens and Nikes with socks. He'll switch off as needed. By the way he hates crocs, others love them:confused3.

:santa::santa::santa:

Just picked up a pair of Keen's for my son... I've rarely spent that kind of money on shoes for myself let alone him so hopefully they are worth it :)
Now I have to find something practical for myself!
Thanks again for the advice!

Here is another vote for Keens! I had never bought a pair of these before but I decided my 4 and 1 1/2 year old needed good sandals for the trip. We went the end of Sept and it was so hot I was glad I had bought them! Those were the only footwear the boys wore. I didn't want to put them in sneakers and feel worse. I would suggest these and not worry about regular shoes, it will be too hot and Keens have great support. Neither boy complained once!

i've honestly never known crocs to give blisters- plus they have the advantage of keeping feet a little cooler. i'd probably go with those- but i think socks&tennis shoes are fine as well (just as long as they've already been broken in before the trip!)
have fun on your trip!

My son has always preferred his broken in Nikes with socks. He used to wear Crocs but doesn't like them anymore. He also usually takes a pair of Teva flip flops and Nike slides.

My son (almost 5) wears Stride Rite closed toe leather sandals, Keens, or broken in Nike sneakers with socks. He loves the sandals best (calls them his "brown Keens") but I try to switch his shoes up during the course of our summer trips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter