Most comfortable resort?

Ugf1189

Earning My Ears
Which resort is most, convenient, spacious, nicely decorated & overall comfortable.
I've only been to WDW once & stayed at OKW. Love the spacious layout & sense of relaxation. But was a pretty far bus ride to most locations. Going back in October but looking for suggestions. Thanks!!

Convenient to what?

Do you want to be walking distance of Epcot and DHS? Do you focus on MK? Do you want somewhere "away from it all?"

The answers on resort will vary with your answers to those questions.

It would seem that a monorail resort (Contemporary, Polynesian, Grand Floridian) or EPCOT area resort (Boardwalk, Yacht Club, Beach Club) would check most of those boxes.

Then you mention OKW, which are DVC villas....and Food and Wine (October) through January marathon is DVC busy time so you may have limited choices of villas.

I have stayed at Pop three times and POFQ once. I liked POFQ because it is a small resort so so you don't have to walk miles to get to your room. It is very quiet at night because it is so small. There is a water taxi to Disney Springs too as well as one that goes to Riverside to use their amenities if you want.

In the EP area, my vote goes to the Swan. The beds are SO comfortable, the rooms are spacious and the resort is quiet. And, you can get really good rates! Second place in the EP area would be BCV. It's right next to EP, quiet, very relaxing and still close to all the resort amenities.

In the MK area, I'd have to go GF. Big rooms, no bad views, newly renovated, lots of restaurants, turn down service every night and one stop away from MK.

Which resort is most, convenient, spacious, nicely decorated & overall comfortable.
I've only been to WDW once & stayed at OKW. Love the spacious layout & sense of relaxation. But was a pretty far bus ride to most locations. Going back in October but looking for suggestions. Thanks!!

Most
convenient - CR
spacious - GF
nicely decorated - depends upon your personal preference
overall comfortable - Swan

Depends on the $ -- there are 3 categories - Deluxe, Moderate and Value -- none having the same connotation as if staying anywhere outside the bubble. Deluxes are generally adjacent to a park and have easiest access to the park, plus several TS options, Moderates offer queen beds, a TS restaurant and have tasteful adult theming but require bus transportation everywhere, Values have a food court and 1 bus stop and full size beds.

Tom

I've only been to WDW once & stayed at OKW. Love the spacious layout & sense of relaxation.

To us (regular rooms, not villas/DVC):

Most convenient to MK = CR (there is a walkway)
Most convenient to Epcot & HS = BC, YC, BWI (there is a walkway)
Most spacious regular rooms = CR, Poly, and GF (all monorail resorts)
Nicely decorated (favorite theme?) = Poly or GF (personal preferences)
Overall comfortable = Poly, GF, BC (personal preferences)

You mentioned loving OKW for spacious layout and sense of relaxation. We have that feeling at Poly. It's very tropical and relaxing. Also a monorail ride away from both MK and Epcot, great views of Castle from Poly, great restaurants and pools.

However, quickly climbing up the ladder to the top with Poly as our favorite is the GF. We've only stayed at GF one time but it was enough to lure us in. It's extremely comfortable (beds are awesome) and we felt pampered there. Very, very relaxing. First monorail stop to MK, and first boat stop back to GF.

If you're looking to be near Epcot and HS, then BC is our favorite Epcot resort. You can walk to both of those parks. Rooms are very nice, restaurants are great, pool is among the best in Disney.

My answer would have been OKW. It's like it's not a part of WDW at times and easy to get away from all the noise and stuff from the theme parks. It's our favorite resort.

I concur with so many. Here are some things to consider:
-Do you have a favorite park? It makes sense that staying closer to that park will mean shorter commute time. For example, we love AKL, and it is far from MK, but close to AK.
-Do you like to walk/monorail/boat to parks? This makes the discussion easier. If you want to walk/monorail to MK, you only have Contemporary, Poly, and GF to consider.
-Do you love Disney Springs especially at night? Then Saratoga is a great option.

Again, it all depends on what you are looking for! Enjoy the magic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter