Most comfortable mattress you ever slept on

Yep, that was why I suffered with sore hips and shoulders for years! I actually had a really good salesperson. Once I told her about the research I'd done, she was motivated to work WITH me, not to sell me. I tried a couple of beds, and as a side sleeper, she looked at the alignment of my back. Pointed me out to a couple mattresses, so I ended up just choosing between two. (that were pretty much the ones I'd found online. In fact, I'd picked that store because they had the one I wanted to try out.) At that point, all she had to do was make it more convenient for me to buy it there, rather than online.

As for hotels, there are tons of websites that will lead you to their beds. But Starwood and Disney both use Beautyrest. (we had some awesome pillows at a hotel in CA, which I found online, but I just couldn't pull the trigger on $100 for two pillows.) By looking at the construction of their mattresses, I was able to look at comparable retail versions. Eventually, it came down to delivery and pick up of the old mattress. I could get it delivered on a weekend, with a two hour window, with the old mattress hauled off, or take a day off of work and wait all day for a truck, then deal with getting the old one out of the house.

Just about everywhere (except the hotel purchases) have a 4 month return window. You get a credit of all but a set amount. You can purchase returned mattresses for a discount. I have a really high ick tolerance, but that was too ick for me. :rotfl2:

Beautyrest is the second we are considering if I don't go with a more organic latex type, we have a latex topper on ours now to make ours bearable and it helps. Those are our top choices right now. BR pretty good in the stores and we liked the Heavenly bed but haven't been on it in awhile. Trying to avoid memory foam bc I hate the smell. But we need one we can put on our adjustable and the Beautyrest at Dolphin Swan not able to be put on a adjustable base. I wonder which of their store ones which can be put on an adjustable base are similar, they have so many models. All the replies have been so helpful!

Hey, you've had that Jamison for ten years???
I wonder how the new ones compare, if they still make them.

I found the link to buy Marriott beds, thru Marriott.
BUT, I think they might not be as good as they were.
Not as good as yours has been?
I found this: Where somebody kind of fell into finding out about the changes going on, a few years ago.
www.amazon.com/Marriott-Hotel-Bed-Mattress-Official/dp/B00BL2R84C/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1548991797&sr=8-6&keywords=marriott+mattress#customerReviews

But we need one we can put on our adjustable and the Beautyrest at Dolphin Swan not able to be put on a adjustable base. I wonder which of their store ones which can be put on an adjustable base are similar, they have so many models. All the replies have been so helpful!
On the Beautyrest website, there is a notation at the bottom of each product page for "adjustable base compatibility." If you go to the "contact us" page on their website & scroll through to the bottom - you'll find an email for the hotel guest purchase program. I'd bet they could direct you to the most comparable model.

Question....the box spring...is it necessary to replace? Our king set is about 17 years old. I can get just mattress for $980 or the set for $1300. Went mattress looking today and have 2 I liked.The cheapest of the 2 is $980 or $1300. The other is about $100 more but is pillowtop and maybe too plush and too high up (little old cairn has to jump on and off).

17 yr old box? It may still be structurally sound, but I wouldn't want to put my new mattress on it. That's just me, though. But even if it's still in good shape now, it may only last a few more years. Most places give you a break on the price of the box if you buy it at the same time as the mattress, so it could end up costing more if you wait. Most mattress warranties require the use of some sort of box or platform, but I don't know of any that require it to be purchased at the same time as the mattress (or require it to be the same brand- you could see if you can save a few bucks by going with a box that isn't part of a matched set).

If you really want to go with the thicker pillowtop, you can get a low-profile boxspring or you may be able to find an ultra low-profile box (it's kinda like a high-end bunkie board) so you can get the thicker mattress you want without the extra inches. Standard boxes are about 8-9 inches, low profile is usually more like 4-5 inches.

I have both a queen and king sized Kingsdown mattress. We love our bed! In fact we’ve stayed at some very nice hotels over the years and none have been as comfortable as our mattress at home. It was purchased at Sleep Country.

We have a queen-size Bed in a Box (online only, I think) Pacbed Original. Bought it after trying and returning a couple of other mattresses. We even tried the Casper in the store and thought we liked it, but neither DH nor I liked sleeping on it. I was hesitant to buy a mattress without being able to try it first, but after the trying-and-buying method failed, I figured I'd just give the other way a try. Both DH and I still like this mattress, nearly 5 years later.

I found the link to buy Marriott beds, thru Marriott.
BUT, I think they might not be as good as they were.
Not as good as yours has been?
I found this: Where somebody kind of fell into finding out about the changes going on, a few years ago.
www.amazon.com/Marriott-Hotel-Bed-Mattress-Official/dp/B00BL2R84C/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1548991797&sr=8-6&keywords=marriott+mattress#customerReviews

To clarify, I did NOT order our mattress from Marriott or Marriott.com. The mattress we purchased at our local furniture store was Jamison brand, but did not have any references to Marriott on it. We were just looking at foam mattresses by Jamison because of the comfort we felt during our stays at Marriott owned hotels. The salesman said that the mattress we purchased was nicknamed the "resort mattress" because of it's similarity to the mattresses that Jamison provided hotel brands like Marriott with. I would not have paid $2,000 for a mattress. Luckily, we paid just over $1,000 for the mattress, box springs, and waterproof mattress cover - what has turned out to be a stellar deal!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter