Morning Touring - Fantasyland or Tomorrowland??

ashleymrush

DIS Veteran
I'll be heading to the parks in June. There will be 7 of us total - my mom, stepdad, brother (15), husband, myself, my two sons (8 and 5). We have a BOG reservation at 8:00 on one of the mornings. We will obviously head to 7DMT as soon as we finish eating but then I had planned to continue that morning in Fantasyland. I'm now considering that I should rethink that idea. Would it be better to do Tomorrowland rides that morning and save the Fantasyland rides for another day when we are there in the evening? It seems that Fantasyland is most crowded in the morning and afternoon and tapers off in the evening, is that correct? We do our FPs in the evenings and stand in shorter morning lines. What would you suggest - keep Fantasyland that morning and Tomorrowland on another evening or switch it around? TIA!

I'll be heading to the parks in June. There will be 7 of us total - my mom, stepdad, brother (15), husband, myself, my two sons (8 and 5). We have a BOG reservation at 8:00 on one of the mornings. We will obviously head to 7DMT as soon as we finish eating but then I had planned to continue that morning in Fantasyland. I'm now considering that I should rethink that idea. Would it be better to do Tomorrowland rides that morning and save the Fantasyland rides for another day when we are there in the evening? It seems that Fantasyland is most crowded in the morning and afternoon and tapers off in the evening, is that correct? We do our FPs in the evenings and stand in shorter morning lines. What would you suggest - keep Fantasyland that morning and Tomorrowland on another evening or switch it around? TIA!

What we often do in your situation is:
--7DMT
--Peter Pan (PP standby is significantly shorter at RD than any other time of the day, except maybe closing)
--Then go to Tomorrowland and do Space Mountain/Buzz. Maybe along the way we might do Pooh if the ride is operational (not a given) and standby is short (5 minutes or less).

Last edited:
What fast passes do you have?

Sometimes I like to go against the grain and start at Adventureland in the morning. But that depends on my fastpass situation.

What fast passes do you have?

Sometimes I like to go against the grain and start at Adventureland in the morning. But that depends on my fastpass situation.

We will be using FPs in Frontierland on our arrival day a few days before. On the specific day that I'm speaking of we will be at MK in the morning and then hopping to DHS in the afternoon and using FPs there.

It definitely depends on what the group is interested in. We typically don't spend a lot of time in fantasyland anymore since DD is older. If we miss PP or Pooh it isn't crucial. If your group hasn't done the fantasylasnd rides or they are important to them, I would do at least one morning there. Lines are still long for PP and Pooh in particular in the evening. I wouldn't waste a morning in tomorrowland. The only 2 rides that ever have any kind of line are SM and Buzz. I would FP Space and try to catch Buzz at an off time when lines are low, which is usually possible later in the day. I would spend the morning in frontier/adventure lands if I wasn't doing fantasy land. There are more rides there that build a line, and its easy to get them in before crowds get bad.

Gosh, it really depends on what you want to do, and also what you've already done on your previous MK day. However, since you will already be in Fantasyland, I'd stick to Fantasyland. I don't know how morning strategies will play out now since people are that much closer to where they want to be at RD. I think lines will build faster now, but you should still already have a bit of a jump on everyone back in Fantasyland.

Since it's your second day in MK, why not ask the kids and grandparents what they really want to do again? Maybe everyone will decide they'd rather hang out in Adventureland before you hop.

I wouldn't waste a morning in tomorrowland. The only 2 rides that ever have any kind of line are SM and Buzz. I would FP Space and try to catch Buzz at an off time when lines are low, which is usually possible later in the day.
And I believe Buzz should be relatively easy for bonus fast pass

We've always done Fantasyland right away, after rope drop. We usually hit up 7DMT and PP without a wait and hop on IASW and Voyage, too. We usually hit Tomorrowland in the afternoon because there are attractions there without as long of lines (TTA, laugh floor, COP, Stitch).

We like to do either FRontierland or Tomorrowland at RD to stay out of the stampede to Fantasyland. We FP Fantasyland rides. It's nice and quiet in Tomorrowland for a while. You can go on SM multiple times if you like. Same with Buzz. That said, if you want to do PPF particularly more than once or without a FP, as PP said the lines there tend to stay long well into the night so you'd be better off RDing Fantasyland.

We generally do Fantasyland - in part because we are already over there. I don't mind walking, but we do try to limit the zigzagging back and forth across the park. Plus - for us - there is more to ride in Fantasyland. I agree with unveilmyeyes that you can get 4th fast passes fairly easily for Buzz. Space Mountain depends on how much it is broken.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter