• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Morimoto Asia - opening September 30, 2015! per DIS - full menu please

Dean - you are absolutely right and I know they allow "kids". But I think everyone knows which kids I was referring to - you know, the ones that use their salad fork to eat their chicken nuggets. :stir:

Love this :). Actually, one of our favorite things at 63, with grown children, is to go to SIGS and see everyone ELSE'S children....

There is hope :). I think we have seen about four families, in 12 years, with children running about trying to trip the wait staff :). Our general experience? four to ten year olds with an AMAZING sense of being in a fine restaurant. Oh, their parents did well... they clearly did the hard work to get those children into that mindset :).
I have seen THREE YEAR OLDS behave better than a good number of adults :). I could not be happier :).

Now, having done this with four children (all are now in their 20's-30's)? Here is how one must suffer to GET to that point (all personal opinion follows)....

1) Your child is a child - not a little adult. Regardless of age, when the fit occurs? Mom, or Dad, needs to do a time out, removing the child from the restaurant. This is serious work - with a very young child, you MAY eat in shifts :).

2) As time goes on, the child is going to GET all this.... they aren't stupid :).

3) In doing this? Do not be surprised if people clap :). No - they are not insulting you.... they are RECOGNIZING your superior parenthood :). You have helped both the child, AND those around him/her to enjoy, and understand, a serious dining experience :).

Oh - Dr Gevil - notice how restaurants often don't HAVE a smaller Salad Fork anymore? That one nails Old People just as much as Children, and makes the job of the Table Set-Up team all that much more difficult :).

I tried the "old fashioned" way of searching for the open table phone number for customer service on the web because it wasn't obvious under "contact us" on the Open Table website. Just reached Open Table Customer Service and they affirmed that the restaurant was "offline". They promised to "reach out" to the Morimoto Asisa so that the restaurant computer can "communicate" with Open Table. Let's HOPE!:wizard:::yes::

Yup - even Open Table needs a LITTLE time to set all this up. Consider: they have to integrate their system with the (private) reservation system of a restaurant, to insure that EVERYONE actually gets BOOKED - no questions, no confusion. It's just that Open Table can do this in about 2 weeks - it takes WDW about two MONTHS.

Establishing a good solid hard link between two divergent computer systems is work :(. Open Table is just BETTER at it than Disney is :).

cool thanks, i figured if i didnt make the dinner by time i tried again it be gone with how many people msut be refreshing to book.

I was able to book our reservation for 10/25, I am just hoping they are accepting the dining plan by then. If not, we will stick with Fulton's.

Just got our reservation for November trip! Can't wait to see a menu :)

I just tried again and got the following message:
"Please accept our apologies on behalf of Morimoto Asia. Online reservations are not available on this date at this restaurant."

Availability stopped on 10/30. How did you get your resv for November, did you call in? Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter