• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

More reviews from 3/19-3/27 Crystal Palace/Alfredos/9 Dragons/Tusker house

Alice28

DIS Veteran<br><font color=blue>I'm Doombah Fricki
Let's see where am I at....

Friday night, 3/23- Crystal Palace for dinner. DD (2) konked out on the way there, so they nicely accomodated our stroller at the table so she could continue snoozing (we had real nap trouble on vacation! That time adjustment is hard for kids!). Our server was very nice- I can't remember his name, but extremely friendly and efficient at clearing the plates. I had eaten dinner here on my last trip and thought the food was A+, so I convinced my DH to try it, even though he's not a buffet fan. He piled up on the shrimp and mussels, I loaded up on veggies and salmon, and bread! This is truly a fantastic restaurant for a buffet- great selection of food, and very good quality. I am hungry for it already! The kids enjoyed the chicken strips, and all the fruits to try. I cannot recommend the salmon here enough, and I'm not a huge fish fan- it's incredibly tasty. As is the broccoli with puri puri, whatever that is! :laughing: The kids enjoyed seeing Tigger, Eeyore and Pooh, but Piglet never made it to us. DD woke up about 2/3s of the way through and she was GRUMPY, so we quickly finished. I skipped dessert cause I had a funnel cake on the brain from Sleepy Hollow snacks, but the boys enjoyed the ice cream and cookies very much. A very nice selection of desserts, including a nice cheese tray. This is definitely my favorite place to nosh in the MK.

Alfredos- when DH heard Alfredos was closing down this summer, he insisted on a meal there, as it was his first WDW sitdown restaurant experience as a young teen. I had low expectations for it, as reviews are mixed and I think it's highly overpriced for Italian food. But I was wrong! Service was impeccable and my pizza I ordered was DIVINE. I ate almost the whole thing! The kids all had spaghetti with meatballs and Dh had the signature alfredo. The chocolate mousse the kids got for dessert was delectible (we had run out of dining credits, but the kids still had some since they didn't go to Narcoossee's with us 2 days before). A+ from me for Alfredos! I wish I remember our waitresses name cause she was just wonderful.:cloud9:

Nine Dragons- another date night for DH and I (thanks to my parents for babysitting!). We wanted to try a new Epcot restaurant and since we both enjoy Chinese, we thought we would give this a whirl. We stopped in France first for a cocktail- I got the orange Grand Marnier slushy and DH got the Gray Goose lemonade slushie- VERY good! Enjoyed it a lot. Onto China! A bit of a wait for a table for 2 (even though we had an ADR)- when we got sat, again, we had a WONDERFUL waitress who was so polite, quick and efficient. Loved her. We got the combination meal which included 2 spring rolls, wonton soup, shi-mai (SP? basically little dumplings) and 2 entrees. We tried the general tso and the honeyed chicken. And a side of fried rice. OK, the appetizers were all VERY tasty and good. Loved them all. The entrees- well, let's just say we were silly in getting two fried chicken entrees- it tasted too much the same. Plenty big portion though. The fried rice was a little dry- not that great. We asked our waitress if instead of the ice cream that came with it, if we could get a pot of tea and she said sure, and the tea was very nice and refreshing. I think we ended up getting some sort of chocolate for dessert in the UK to satisfy our sweet tooth instead. In sum, I would recommend 9 Dragons, just get different tasting entrees! ;)

Tusker House- lunch on 3/24. Let's see, DH and the boys got the fried chicken sandwich (FYI, we are no longer on the dining plan as we are now at Shades of Green; we were at the WL) and DD and I shared the rotisserie chicken. For some reason, the food just didn't taste as good to me. Maybe because the kids were really riled up, and I just felt like I couldn't eat in peace. The rotisserie chicken is still a HUGE portion, plenty to share between 2 people. The kids liked the sandwiches and the french fries are nice and thick here. I still recommend this restaurant for a great value and something a bit more healthy with the chicken, salmon or salads.

More reviews to come!

Thanks for great reviews we have ADR for CP next month, we are big buffet fans so am sure we will love it!!

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

About your Nine Dragons entrees...

I know you said they were very similar, but what was the sauce like on the General Tso's Chicken? Was it spicy? Or dark? Or was it just sweet, like the honey chicken? :confused3

thanks for your reviews.....I too loved the salmon at CP.....we are going in a few weeks and NOW I can hardly wait.....I think that we may give the Tusker house a chance when we go to AK too......thanks again

About your Nine Dragons entrees...

I know you said they were very similar, but what was the sauce like on the General Tso's Chicken? Was it spicy? Or dark? Or was it just sweet, like the honey chicken? :confused3

The General Tso's was almost the same color as the honeyed; it did have more of a kick to it, a bit spicy, but not burn your mouth of spicy. What I should have said is we should have ordered perhaps a beef entree instead of the two fried chicken entrees. Or a fish one- they were just too similar in texture, and usually part of the fun in getting Chinese is the variety.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter