More bummed now than when I had to cancel my ressie...

BabyRN

DIS Veteran
I had an awesome rate at the YC for my family for August for just 4 nights. We wanted to do a room only because by next year our 4th baby will be 3 and we'll never be able to afford a suite at YC/BC but we desperately want to stay there. Well, I had to cancel it because I got a new job teaching nursing and the semester would start the week before our trip. I was bummed, but excited to be given the opportunity. It was an adjunct obstetrical nursing instructor position. I need the experience to eventually get something full time. Well, I received notice that they don't need me now because the numbers of students are lower than what they expected. Apparently, more students failed their current rotation than what they thought! So, I had to reapply and reinterview for a different position but I still haven't heard anything, and it's not looking very promising for me. I'm just so sad that I threw an opportunity with my family away for nothing, and now my 40% rate is gone....I'll probably NEVER be able to stay there now. I just want to cry! :sad1:

I had an awesome rate at the YC for my family for August for just 4 nights. We wanted to do a room only because by next year our 4th baby will be 3 and we'll never be able to afford a suite at YC/BC but we desperately want to stay there. Well, I had to cancel it because I got a new job teaching nursing and the semester would start the week before our trip. I was bummed, but excited to be given the opportunity. It was an adjunct obstetrical nursing instructor position. I need the experience to eventually get something full time. Well, I received notice that they don't need me now because the numbers of students are lower than what they expected. Apparently, more students failed their current rotation than what they thought! So, I had to reapply and reinterview for a different position but I still haven't heard anything, and it's not looking very promising for me. I'm just so sad that I threw an opportunity with my family away for nothing, and now my 40% rate is gone....I'll probably NEVER be able to stay there now. I just want to cry! :sad1:

Oh I'm so sorry! Maybe call to see if the rate is still available, as inventory changes frequently? Or maybe a new discount/pin will come out?

Do you think that if you called and explained the situation that they may see the cancelled reservation and that you had the 40% off code once and they may do it again? Who knows, it is Disney after all, you may get some of that pixie dust!

Thinking the same thing as PP ! Try calling and if you have the confirmation # handy, it may be even easier! Good Luck!:)

Yes, call and see if they could simply reinstate your reservation. Just explain what happened/why you had to cancel and that now you are no longer needed @ that position and see if they would be willing to reinstate your previous reservation.

Good Luck & Pixie Dust coming your way! ºOº

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter