• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

More Booze in the MK!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love this idea, a Magic Kingdom cocktail tour. Put a specialty drink in each "land" (KUNGALOOSH!), or just go ahead and add the rum to the Dole Whips there. I think that is the greatest idea ever! I'd go ahead and wait the hour in line for the Mine Train if I could sip on a drink while I wait.

Get someone on this, post haste!

For the price they get for dole whips they should include rum.

What are those things like 8 bucks now.

Same here. Sometimes I wonder if it's one of those things where people find what they expect to find. I'm a pretty positive person, I figure most people are at WDW to enjoy the fun of Disney. I'm not overly interested in what others choose to do while they vacation. Extra desserts? Ride a rollercoaster? Have a glass of wine with dinner in the MK? Watch the same parade twice in one vacation? All options, all their choice, not my business.

My thoughts exactly! I'm sure if I headed to world showcase right now and stayed until illuminations with my eyes pealed determined to find someone I think may be drunk, I'm sure I'll find them.

The bachelorette parties people at Epcot sometimes folk dread? Why would you think that wouldn't be twice the issue at MK?

I actually think it's fun seeing these different groups having a good time at the parks! Plus I'm sure Disney likes it too, since some of these groups are spending big bucks on a wedding, multiple rooms etc. The folks I dread are those it ECV's or who are pushing strollers with no regard for who's in front of them. They impact my vacation much more negatively than anyone who might have had 1 too many.

Disneyland Paris has had alcohol available with TS for years. Park Disneyland isn't teaming with drunks, and Magic Kingdom won't be either.

Those who want a beer with dinner can and those who don't want to drink don't have to. Personally I like the odd drink and I'm pleased that I can drink with dinner. I think the only impact it will have is on my wallet.

I've seen some pretty messed up people at night during Flower and Garden too. Literally falling over and slurring words. I once saw a bride-to-be pee her pants at the Florida Fresh stand.

And that is pathetic. And a great example of why Walt didn't want alcohol in the parks. There's no excuse for getting drunk like that at WDW. None.

For the price they get for dole whips they should include rum.

What are those things like 8 bucks now.

You make a good point.

That is the other thing about getting "trashed" at WDW. You have to REALLY want to, at those prices, especially if you are drinking anything other than domestic beer. I set aside a separate budget for just alcoholic drinks, and I am by no means a heavy drinker. A couple of drinks at EPCOT, a drink by the pool, and a glass of wine with dinner can easily set you back $50 a day, without tipping.

I have a Dole Whip Float during every visit. I would definitely go for rum in them.

Not sure if you were aware but you've been able to get rum in dole whips at AK for the past couple of years. They are very good, especially with the dark rum they have ::yes::

Not sure if you were aware but you've been able to get rum in dole whips at AK for the past couple of years. They are very good, especially with the dark rum they have ::yes::

Yep. I will check that out on my next visit.:teeth:

It's the great defense of alcohol Anywhere debate! Simply giving my opinion only. It seems those that drink can pretty much rationalize alcohol anywhere. To each their own.

I'm not rationalizing "alcohol anywhere" - though I did enjoy having a glass of wine with dinner at BOG last trip

Granted I take my kids to breweries and wineries (many of which are super family friendly with kids meals, play areas, etc.) so obviously I am coming at it from one side of the argument

Does the Magic Kingdom "need" alcohol? Of course not, but I have had some of my worst encounters with rude guests at Magic Kingdom - much more so than at the other parks so I don't think alcohol is what causes it

I love this idea, a Magic Kingdom cocktail tour. Put a specialty drink in each "land" (KUNGALOOSH!), or just go ahead and add the rum to the Dole Whips there. I think that is the greatest idea ever! I'd go ahead and wait the hour in line for the Mine Train if I could sip on a drink while I wait.

Get someone on this, post haste!

As an after-hours event that would be great - especially if they use the train and you can train it from land to land and get a drink and some food at each

There's no excuse for getting drunk like that at WDW
My very personal opinion, but there's no excuse for getting drunk anywhere.
Posters that are vehemently against serving alcohol at MK seem to have linked drinking at a sit down restaurant with your meal (which by the way they won't let you take out your cup with alcohol, you must drink it inside the establishment) with being drunk
People drink alcohol for many reasons, not just to get drunk.
In my 18 years going to the parks once a week I have never seen drunk people at DHS or AK or at the resorts or Downtown Disney/Disney Springs. I have seen drunk people at Epcot and like I have said I just walk the other way, the charm and childlike magical quality will not be lost at MK by people drinking alcohol with their meals

My very personal opinion, but there's no excuse for getting drunk anywhere.
Posters that are vehemently against serving alcohol at MK seem to have linked drinking at a sit down restaurant with your meal (which by the way they won't let you take out your cup with alcohol, you must drink it inside the establishment) with being drunk
People drink alcohol for many reasons, not just to get drunk.
In my 18 years going to the parks once a week I have never seen drunk people at DHS or AK or at the resorts or Downtown Disney/Disney Springs. I have seen drunk people at Epcot and like I have said I just walk the other way, the charm and childlike magical quality will not be lost at MK by people drinking alcohol with their meals

Im charming and take on a magical quality when I have a good tiny tequilla buzz.

I think.

Maybe not. IDK. It's hard to say.

lol

Granted I take my kids to breweries and wineries (many of which are super family friendly with kids meals, play areas, etc.) so obviously I am coming at it from one side of the argument

We have done the same thing (taking kids to breweries), they have quite a few where we live. One has an intricate model train display and games set up for kids this time of year. No problems there and fun for the whole family. Kids can even take the tour where they show how beer is made. Not a big deal really, and interesting.

The folks I dread are those it ECV's with no regard for who's in front of them. They impact my vacation much more negatively than anyone who might have had 1 too many.

One year during Food and Wine, there was a group of about eight people who had rented ECV's from an off property company and were very drunk. They were driving at maximum speed with drink in hand and not caring who they hit in the process. I didn't see anyone from Disney address it (they could have addressed the speed issue, if nothing else), and I saw them multiple times that day (and they got more rowdy and reckless as the day went on). I finally left the park, because I was concerned about being there after dark if they were still driving around.

I think I have been to WDW about 14 times and for the life of me I don't ever recall seeing a falling down drunk at EPCOT or any other park. Have I seen people drinking, sure I have but not like some of the posters on drinking threads seem to have. I guess I travel at the wrong time. :rolleyes:

Food and Wine on a Saturday evening was a great teaching moment on the effects of alcohol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter