Moonlight Magic Queue Wait Time

Good information to know thanks. I guess a better question to ask is do my dues support these Moonlight Magic events?
If they were dues supported, they would have to allow all resale members the opportunity to register. Most likely paid for from the DVD Marketing budget.

Which I would assume is funded from the purchase of our contracts?

All good and I won’t belabor the point any further and thanks for sharing the info. It’s just a bummer that some get repeatedly excluded despite making every attempt to get in right at the start of event registration. For those of us that are in this group the sense is we might be paying for a perk that others are benefiting from. It looks like a really cool perk for those who were lucky enough to register, and for those who did, enjoy.

I logged in at 10:30 and still got number 14,093!!! I had to be one of the last in line. Unbelievable. To say I am angry is an understatement. What are the chances on May 10th? Probably slim to none but just curious. I'll at least log in to see what I get. Curious how many they allow to sign up with early registration and how many will allow all together.
I read the directions pretty carefully. As long as u followed the link in the email they said we all entered a waiting room 11am and were randomly assigned a number regardless of what time prior to 8 we clicked the link sent. You getting such a high number was supposedly randomly assigned. I was assigned 8000 and didn’t get in. Pretty sure I was at the very end of available slots because I was in and had been verified and it went to wait for your confirmation and then went to sorry we’re all sold out. Figure Hollywood studios is around 40k capacity. They had 3 dates that filled to capacity with around 8k invited who got in. If each of the 8k had 4 guests on average that’s just a little over 10k for each date that actually got in. So as it stands now those dates are going to be at about 25% capacity as is and then whoever else they allow in when they open sign up again on May 10th. I figure they’ll probably let enough to make the park around 50% on each party night. I was excited just to be able to enjoy the park at limited capacity. We did the Christmas party for that reason but the park was really packed out.

It’s just a bummer that some get repeatedly excluded despite making every attempt to get in right at the start of event registration. For those of us that are in this group the sense is we might be paying for a perk that others are benefiting from.
But the fact is, you're not paying for this. DVD - the developer - is paying for this and all Moonlight Magic events. It comes out of their marketing budget and is used to generate interest in direct sales. If you purchased a contract directly from DVD, then you added to their profits. What they do with their profits has nothing to do with us as owners. They can use profits to ROFR resales, develop new resorts, hire more sales guides, etc. And yes, they can even use their profits to pay for advertising, which is essentially what Moonlight Magic is.

I'm sorry that you didn't get in. Being shut out is a common complaint with every MM event going back to the very first ones. The Queue-it system is actually more fair and less prone to crashing than the previous registration system.

But the fact is, you're not paying for this. DVD - the developer - is paying for this and all Moonlight Magic events. It comes out of their marketing budget and is used to generate interest in direct sales. If you purchased a contract directly from DVD, then you added to their profits. What they do with their profits has nothing to do with us as owners. They can use profits to ROFR resales, develop new resorts, hire more sales guides, etc. And yes, they can even use their profits to pay for advertising, which is essentially what Moonlight Magic is.

I'm sorry that you didn't get in. Being shut out is a common complaint with every MM event going back to the very first ones. The Queue-it system is actually more fair and less prone to crashing than the previous registration system.
They use this perk in advertising direct membership benefits a lot. It’s splashed all over as one of the biggest benefits of direct ownership. They sent me an email to me telling me I’m eligible because of my dvc reservation and direct purchase. They never said- a fraction of those we’ve sent invitations to are invited to actually attend. An invite to a party that u are not really invited to because they don’t have room for you to attend is mean. If it’s being used in advertising it is false advertising. Next party they should at least label it what it is- a entrance ticket for a lottery where very few who have a ticket will win the prize.

I got # 1691, I was finished registering by 11:20AM. I had another 4 other devices that I already shutdown. The starting position for those devices ranged from 7100 - 14100.
I got number 6884 at 11:01
It clicked down to 16 by 11:45 or so
I got the form to enter and entered my member number twice to confirm and the next page never came up the screen went white a minute or two later I got the message that I had not completed my serervation info…but the screen never came up! I could not get back into the site as the link was down!!!!!
I’ll try again in 5/10 and probably Wong get in. !

They use this perk in advertising direct membership benefits a lot. It’s splashed all over as one of the biggest benefits of direct ownership. They sent me an email to me telling me I’m eligible because of my dvc reservation and direct purchase. They never said- a fraction of those we’ve sent invitations to are invited to actually attend. An invite to a party that u are not really invited to because they don’t have room for you to attend is mean. If it’s being used in advertising it is false advertising. Next party they should at least label it what it is- a entrance ticket for a lottery where very few who have a ticket will win the prize.
Indeed as the Moonlight Magic Event is in fact listed as a “Featured Benefit” on the DVC homepage right now.

Going to try again at the open registration however at todays early entry I could’ve registered for 9 people as we have 9 staying in a 2bd at BLT. At the open registration if lucky enough to actually get in, Will I still be able to reserve for 9 or is open registration only for 1 member plus 4 guests? Don’t think drawing straws for who gets to go will make for happy family during vacation.

Welcome to the world of DVC. Benefits are always based on availability.

Can we buy Sorcerer APs right now? No. Why? They're not available.

Did everyone who wanted GotG DVC previews get a slot? No. Why? Limited availability.

If you read the fine print in your email about Moonlight Magic you'll see this (bolding mine):
Disney Vacation Club Moonlight Magic events are Membership Extras, and are incidental benefits – these offers are subject to availability, change or termination and may require a fee. Membership Extras are only available with eligible ownership interests. Visit http://disneyvacationclub.com/memextraspolicy for more information.

I hope that anyone who got a late queue number today can try again on 5/10. I understand the frustration but it's just like ADRs for high-demand restaurants and getting a boarding group for virtual attraction queues. There's not enough spots for everyone who wants them.

Welcome to the world of DVC. Benefits are always based on availability.

Can we buy Sorcerer APs right now? No. Why? They're not available.

Did everyone who wanted GotG DVC previews get a slot? No. Why? Limited availability.

If you read the fine print in your email about Moonlight Magic you'll see this (bolding mine):
Disney Vacation Club Moonlight Magic events are Membership Extras, and are incidental benefits – these offers are subject to availability, change or termination and may require a fee. Membership Extras are only available with eligible ownership interests. Visit http://disneyvacationclub.com/memextraspolicy for more information.

I hope that anyone who got a late queue number today can try again on 5/10. I understand the frustration but it's just like ADRs for high-demand restaurants and getting a boarding group for virtual attraction queues. There's not enough spots for everyone who wants them.
Thanks for for the effort to help us understand by comparison but it should not be listed as a benefit then, let alone a ”Featured Benefit”. To offer a comparison of my own if I am presented a job offer that lists health insurance as a benefit only to find out that I may or may not be able utilize it after I accept the position and get sick is not a great situation for me. Especially when my employer rubs my nose in the fine print afterwards. Shame on me for missing that. But hey, please try again next time you get sick okay?

The previous poster summed it up well….it’s a certain percentage of chance at a perk. It’s not a benefit. It’s all about how things are marketed and delivering after the sale, that‘s what is so irritating about fine print. I’m tapping out at this point and thanks to all that have contributed to the thread, and to those who scored a spot at the event congrats and have an awesome time!

Good information to know thanks. I guess a better question to ask is do my dues support these Moonlight Magic events?
No. They are part of membership extras which are funded by DVD. It comes out of their own budget.

Dues can not be used to pay for incidental benefits, which is what MM is.

I am never lucky with this .
I wish DVC would limit the signup to One event per year per membership or something .

Last edited:

I believe it says subject to availability. There are plenty of DVC owners who are not even at WDW during an event so lots of owners don’t get a chance to go.

Membership Extras are just that…extra things DVD offers to owners who buy direct from them..and these types of events are never going to br large enough for every member to attend.

I believe it says subject to availability. There are plenty of DVC owners who are not even at WDW during an event so lots of owners don’t get a chance to go.

Membership Extras are just that…extra things DVD offers to owners who buy direct from them..and these types of events are never going to br large enough for every member to attend.
Okay so I’m not tapping out and just to add additional clarification: This currently is not about accommodating EVERY DVC member at this time. This is about qualifying members who have already secured resort reservations a the time of the event in hopes of being able to attend, that is currently marketed to those who purchase direct as a benefit of ownership who are being excluded.

To my understanding, every qualifying member has still has a another chance (perhaps further reduced) on May 10th correct?

Okay so I’m not tapping out and just to add additional clarification: This currently is not about accommodating EVERY DVC member at this time. This is about qualifying members who have already secured resort reservations a the time of the event in hopes of being able to attend, that is currently marketed to those who purchase direct as a benefit of ownership who are being excluded.

To my understanding, every qualifying member has still has a another chance (perhaps further reduced) on May 10th correct?

Yes. They do. I think the point was that these are all incidental benefits that a developer can offer to timeshare owners.

And as such, they will always follow the terms and conditions of the program, which did say subject to availability.

That means that not every person eligible will be able to participate.

People who had reservations that matched..in most cases by chance…were given a leg up over those of us who don’t,

So, it is about every DVC owner as We are all in the same boat.

I get it’s frustrating but none of the benefits are guaranteed and special events like this will never be available to everyone.

It’s like the AP pass.. it works for many..but there are DVC owners who would love to have a ticket deal instead.

Ar least blue card holders are eligible to try to get “tickets” to these events..but it’s still benefit and can be marketed as such even if every DVC owner can’t attend.

Yes. They do. I think the point was that these are all incidental benefits that a developer can offer to timeshare owners.

And as such, they will always follow the terms and conditions of the program, which did say subject to availability.

That means that not every person eligible will be able to participate.

People who had reservations that matched..in most cases by chance…were given a leg up over those of us who don’t,

So, it is about every DVC owner as We are all in the same boat.

I get it’s frustrating but none of the benefits are guaranteed and special events like this will never be available to everyone.

It’s like the AP pass.. it works for many..but there are DVC owners who would love to have a ticket deal instead.

Ar least blue card holders are eligible to try to get “tickets” to these events..but it’s still benefit and can be marketed as such even if every DVC owner can’t attend.

Or.... a company could actually service its paying customers rather than frustrating them and driving them away. The stock price these days would tell me that while yes you are technically and legally correct, the companies actions both part and in whole, are the wrong choices.

Or.... a company could actually service its paying customers rather than frustrating them and driving them away. The stock price these days would tell me that while yes you are technically and legally correct, the companies actions both part and in whole, are the wrong choices.

While sure, they have made decisions that have upset folks, in this case, the fact that are offering these is a nice extra benefit to have.

I just don’t subscribe to the notion that everything has to be looked at as a glass have empty thing, whether it is Disney or every other business out there.

Now, I do think that when things like lower stock prices happen, the company will need to rethink its business model when it starts impacting the bottom line.

But in reference to MM, they brought back a special event for owners and that is a very good thing.

I totally get that aspect. For years I‘ve missed out on the dates- just never had ressies on the dates they were offered. (Well except the one I did get that was canceled due to COVID) This time I had a reservation in place and was sent a special invitation as a direct dvc member who was lucky enough to be holding a dvc reservation for June 16th. That invite emailed to me was directions on what to do to next. I’m pretty certain it didn’t say a dang thing that I had slim chance of actual ability to confirm my invitation for the party. It said I got to register ahead of everyone else because I’d used my direct points to reserve a dvc unit on June 16.

I totally get that aspect. For years I‘ve missed out on the dates- just never had ressies on the dates they were offered. (Well except the one I did get that was canceled due to COVID) This time I had a reservation in place and was sent a special invitation as a direct dvc member who was lucky enough to be holding a dvc reservation for June 16th. That invite emailed to me was directions on what to do to next. I’m pretty certain it didn’t say a dang thing that I had slim chance of actual ability to confirm my invitation for the party. It said I got to register ahead of everyone else because I’d used my direct points to reserve a dvc unit on June 16.

I know it’s frustrating but not sure what more they could do to make it any more fair to owners. They have no idea how many actual owners will want to attend or try.

And you did get a chance to reserve before a lot of other DVC owners who are eligible to attend these events.

Unfortunately, you didn’t make it in, but a lot of other owners who got the same email as you and had the reservation did.

Honestly, I think it’s great that they do allow owners who know they will be there first chance at spots.

I know it’s frustrating but not sure what more they could do to make it any more fair to owners. They have no idea how many actual owners will want to attend or try.

And you did get a chance to reserve before a lot of other DVC owners who are eligible to attend these events.

Unfortunately, you didn’t make it in, but a lot of other owners who got the same email as you and had the reservation did.

Honestly, I think it’s great that they do allow owners who know they will be there first chance at spots.

Perhaps disclose how many spots are actually available and what the capacity is (subject to availability) so as we can assess if it’s worth our time to wait in the virtual queue the hour and seven minutes it takes to tell us they are sold out. Which coincidentally was my original question when I started this thread. At least that would be an improvement in my mind.

In addition they shouldn’t market something as a “Featured Benefit“ to entice people to purchase contracts that can only be taken advantage of by a chosen few. Sorry but a benefit is only a benefit if you are able to use it, but we’ll have to agree to disagree on that one. Offering things like this after the sale would be interpreted in an entirely different way. Clearly the Moonlight Magic is a great thing and appreciated by those who are lucky enough to attend, else they demand wouldn’t be there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter