• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Moonlight Magic: General Registration for August 2, 2023 @ AK

So we got the July 11 message but I didn’t close the screen. It showed me the page to enter info then immediately switched to sold out July 11. I just back clicked once and it said it is your time but registration is now paused. So I didn’t refresh I just sat and waited. So when it resumed it was still my turn. That’s how I got tickets. I recall someone saying it glitched last time so I said until they say no more I’m waiting. I do think it sucks that if you had a higher number you may have not gotten tickets. I was on before time of course so idk. I’m glad because we actually are staying at animal kingdom this trip for the first time in 10 years. We are only bringing two of six. The 7 and 4 year old girl so The savanna view is knew for them. They probably don’t remember much about animal kingdom from two years ago. I said all that to say this is really special for our family.

I had the same issues this morning. When I logged in at 11am, I was #107. Got in in a few minutes then it said it was sold out. Luckily my husband tried with me right at 11 on his phone, he had 1085 or something and stayed in the queue. after the pause, his countdown went really fast and in a few minutes, we made it to registration link where were able to get tickets.

as it was explained to me on another board- Disney failed to load the available tickets right at 11am so the people who had low numbers and got through quickly got the sold out message. When they paused it to load it or fix the loading problem, then it resumed and the next people saw available tickets and registered. Also, according to person who explained it, it happened exactly the same way a few weeks ago so nothing learned from earlier mistakes here. So people with first few hundred places in the queue were just s#$t out of luck. I’m glad we had tried on two devices and didn’t give up first one but it was really unfair!

I had the same issues this morning. When I logged in at 11am, I was #107. Got in in a few minutes then it said it was sold out. Luckily my husband tried with me right at 11 on his phone, he had 1085 or something and stayed in the queue. after the pause, his countdown went really fast and in a few minutes, we made it to registration link where were able to get tickets.

as it was explained to me on another board- Disney failed to load the available tickets right at 11am so the people who had low numbers and got through quickly got the sold out message. When they paused it to load it or fix the loading problem, then it resumed and the next people saw available tickets and registered. Also, according to person who explained it, it happened exactly the same way a few weeks ago so nothing learned from earlier mistakes here. So people with first few hundred places in the queue were just s#$t out of luck. I’m glad we had tried on two devices and didn’t give up first one but it was really unfair!

We had the same experience this morning only we tried with 5 devices (2 phones, 2 IPads and a laptop. First two devices had number 223 and 552 and the other 3 devices had 1240, and over 2000. The lower numbers got the event is full screen but the third after the pause finally went through to the registration page. I tried for the earlier registration and learned my lesson the first time ( use multiple devices just to be safe). I wrote an email the first time expressing my disappointment with the entire process. Write to dvc member services and voice your concerns.

My daughter got in the line at 11 and was number 1079. I logged on my laptop and got 1,477. After waiting out the pause time, she was able to get 8 tickets for us and I logged out. I’m sorry for those who got the error and didn’t get in. They definitely need a better way to do this and if it had happened to me, I would definitely complain.

My daughter got in the line at 11 and was number 1079. I logged on my laptop and got 1,477. After waiting out the pause time, she was able to get 8 tickets for us and I logged out. I’m sorry for those who got the error and didn’t get in. They definitely need a better way to do this and if it had happened to me, I would definitely complain.

Curious how she got 8. I thought it was only DVC owner plus 5?

Or, during general registration does it allow you to get more if you have a reservation?

I am just not sure there is another way to do it since people are going to be shut out as more people than spots.

Well..other than offering more dates which would be great!

Last edited:
Curious how she got 8. I thought it was only DVC owner plus 5?

Or, during general registration does it allow you to get more if you have a reservation?

I am just not sure there is another way to do it since people are going to be shut out as more people than spots.

Well..other than offering more dates which would be great!
It might be because we have 3 owners on the contract (me, her and her husband). We also have reservations with 8 guests.

The exact same thing happened during the initial registration. If you stayed on the queue, it reset and worked.

It might be because we have 3 owners on the contract (me, her and her husband). We also have reservations with 8 guests.

We do too but I bet it’s because of the reservations.

Which does make sense since not everyone got in under early registration even with reservations so it does seem only fair that they have the same rules for both registrations when for those staying onsite.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter