Moonlight Magic - Anyone attend the 2/11 event at AK?

I was there on the 11th. As far as I could tell, even though the park "closed" at 8 and the event did not "start" till 9, all the rides were open from 8 to 9.

The worst thing was the food lines. At 7, there was basically a 30-45 wait at all the restaurants. After we ate, we road both Navi and FOP before 9. We then had our ice cream and I rode the safari, Everest (2x), dinosaur, and FOP again. Other than FOP all lines were 0 to 5 minutes. FOP had 20-35 minute lines. Dinosaur had 0 minutes at around 10:30. I literally walked on. The preshow was off. I just walked directly to loading and was alone in my vehicle. When I got done there was no one in queue and I could have stayed in the vehicle and ridden again by myself. My wife was waiting on me so I just rode it once.

For us, MM is all about the rare characters so we didn’t even try to ride any rides 😂 but when we were in line to meet Chip ‘n’ Dale (we haven’t been to AK since they debuted Donald’s Dino Bash so it was just the dinosaur costumes) at 7:30, the woman behind us was complaining very loudly and repeatedly about how some of the rides were already closing when park close wasn’t until 8:00. So at least some rides I think they closed for a bit to encourage the non-DVC guests to head out.

It was our first Moonlight Magic and we had so much fun! We had our 1 and 3 year olds with us so we didn’t do as much, but we did do NRJ and the nighttime safari with no wait. We got there right around 6 and there were a lot of CMs available to check people in and hand out wristbands and vouchers. We got food vouchers and carnival game vouchers for DinoLand. The food vouchers were good for an entree and fountain drink or bottled water at Satu’li Canteen, Flame Tree BBQ, or Pizzafari (can’t remember if there were other options). We didn’t have to wait long for buses in either direction for BWV so I guess we just got lucky with timing. If you’re interested in merchandise (specifically pins), I’d suggest getting there earlier during the event just in case they run out. They also had a DVC Jenga as well as MM T-shirts available for purchase (these were still available at the end of the night but I didn’t see the pins anymore).

We had FPs for FOP so I did that first and got rider switch for DH, and they let him use it later and jump into the FP line after 8pm (which was really helpful since the posted wait at that time was 45 minutes). In between our FOP rides we had dinner at Satu’li Canteen and the wait was ~20 minutes right around 7pm. No wait for Mickey ice cream bars, and they had an option of strawberry fruit bars. We did save one food voucher to use at Pizzafari later in the night which we hadn’t tried before, and it was just okay especially compared to Satu’li.

The kids ended up falling asleep in the stroller, so we spent some time using the game vouchers and meeting Kevin before heading out. For the games, the basketball game was definitely the best in our view since you don’t have to compete with others and it was easier to win. We won a prize with 3 out of the 4 vouchers we had and we saw many others win prizes there. DinoLand also had a fun dance party with Mickey, Minnie, Daisy, and Pluto which was not busy at all and would’ve been so much fun for our kids if they were still awake. That’s the bummer about these events since they’re so late it’s hard for young kids to stay awake. But still glad we did it and looking forward to doing the MK one on our next trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter