• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Monsieur Paul

YYC-Rob

Earning My Ears
Hello!

I am planning my families trip for 2018. Myself, DM, DD(9), DS(7), and DG will be all going over a period of 14 days. I am trying to plan our our ADR itinerary. I am doing so WAY TO EARLY cause it makes me happy! Monsieur Paul has an amazing looking menu and decor, yet I hear very little regarding it. Please share any of your own memories or reviews of Monsieur Paul! I'd love to hear what you have to say.

Thank you.

We loved it. Great food excellent service. It is a little dressy and a little pricey. Not the best place for little kids necessarily. We however have brought our daughter at age 8 and 9. If you feel like a nice sit down dinner I would recommend Monsieur Paul.

I agree it was fabulous! We were only adults onthis trip but it was one of our favorite meals!

Hello!

I am planning my families trip for 2018. Myself, DM, DD(9), DS(7), and DG will be all going over a period of 14 days. I am trying to plan our our ADR itinerary. I am doing so WAY TO EARLY cause it makes me happy! Monsieur Paul has an amazing looking menu and decor, yet I hear very little regarding it. Please share any of your own memories or reviews of Monsieur Paul! I'd love to hear what you have to say.

Thank you.
I've not been in years to offer a 'recent' review, so I'll offer:
http://www.easywdw.com/easy/blog/review-monsieur-paul-dinner-at-disneys-epcot/

We had a 6:30 ADR there in May 2016 and it was our favorite meal of the trip. It is quiet inside and they do suggest a dress code. Pricey but the best upscale meal you can have IN the parks.

The food was amazing. It was upscale dining, we got dressed up and it didn't feel like we were dining in a park. I didn't go with kids, but I'm not sure little kids would like the restaurant too much, although I did celebrate my 2nd birthday there way back in the day.

We had a fabulous meal and experience very recently. The atmosphere and menu seemed to be geared more toward adults than children, and we saw only one family there with children. As always, though, YMMV.

We had a great meal here in May. We, stupidly, entered Epcot at 5:30 to get a quick meal somewhere and everything was packed. It was hot, crazy everywhere and we were irritable. I said let's try Monsieur Paul as it is a place my husband loved last time and I thought it might be less crowded. We walked in and asked if there was availability. Five minutes later we were seated in a quiet, cool and calm spot. Service was wonderful and I had the best meal of the trip. All the breads were delicious and my cod was awesome.

We love it and my DS9 has eaten there multiple times since it changed over to Monsieur Paul. He loves it as well. It is much quieter than some of the other signatures, so just be prepared for a more subdued meal than you would find at, say, Cali Grille (which I find a bit rambunctious sometimes)

I love it. I used to eat there all the time, it used to be my Epcot "place" but now that SRT opened, I'll forego MP even other trip or so, but I've never had anything but a lovely experience there.

We've been there twice since it became M. Paul. I wasn't that impressed with the service so DH doesn't want to go again. It wasn't bad service, just lackluster and very impersonal - not unfriendly but service came across as a bit grudging. And this was both times. However, I had the very best beef tenderloin ever. I was unable to finish it so took it back to our room and stuck it in the fridge. It was still very tender and juicy the next day. And the mashed potatoes that were served with it were heavenly. I might have convinced DH to try it again last time but there were too many other places we preferred so M. Paul got eliminated from the roster and I don't have a lot of incentive to go again if the service continues that way (although how I would know without going again...). Personally, I think he remembers too fondly the previous incarnation where we always had very attentive and outwardly friendly service so he constantly compares M. Paul to it. I'll admit that the service in the previous incarnation was better but I think the food is better at M. Paul.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter