• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Monorail and the deluxe resorts

tony609

"I've Gotta Show To Do"
anyone been at a deluxe recently? We are headed to the GF next week and I was wondering how the monorails been running. I read awhile ago it was not running early mornings for maintenance or something like that. We have a pre park ADR at MK. Do u think the monorail would be up and running by 7:30 or should we just plan on the ferry? Is the bus an option? I've never stayed at the GF before. Any transportation tips welcomed. How quick is the ferry to MK from the GF. Trying to figure out travel time if we can't do monorail.

We just got home from the poly and the monorail ran for our pre-park ADRs. But it isn't everyday, they will give you a schedule for the week when you check in. I know on our pre-park days of fri and sat it started at 7am. If there is no monorail running there will be a bus. I don't think the ferry will be running that early.

You can double check the boat schedule too when you get there. Sometimes they'll run them early when the monorail isn't running.

Monorail is usually reliable and fun, but we did get stuck waiting for a bus at Contemporary after they told us there would be an early-morning bus to Epcot. But it turns out they were wrong, and we needed to take the monorail to TTC then a bus to Epcot from there. That was a pain.

I would be a bit wary about using the monorail for early arrival (e.g. RD), but there should be some transportation (e.g. a bus). My situation was an unusual snafu I think.

I read another post a few weeks ago saying that the monorail kept breaking down, not for long periods just frequently, and they ended up not using it their last few days. When its running good its nice but these past 5-6 years it has really had its issues. We will be at GF in a couple of months so we will see, crossing fingers:laughing:

As a rough idea they've had it on reduced hours on the weekdays for a while. Weekends have been operating normal hours. Most often that is how it is.

But as PP mentioned, even when it's running it's prone to stoppages. If you have a time sensitive or tight time table place to be, I would use alternate transportation.

I have been to WDW 4 times since Aprilandi haven't been able to ride it once in the mornings. Not.one.single.time. Thankfully I wasn't on a time crunch because I would have been livid since the ferry over has taken an hour to get on because of crowds.

I also have not tried for rope drop or anything. I have been at TTC at 9am and the monorails have been down. Of course, the moment I get on the ferry the monorail is operational again, adding salt to the wound, so I would not heavily rely on the monorail since it has been touchy at best.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter