Monorail and boats without tickets

rwenzel

Earning My Ears
Hi - we'll be visiting Orlando right after Christmas - coming for the Capital One Bowl to see our Texas A&M Aggies play on New Year's Day. We'd love to visit Disneyworld again (last time was 12 days at Christmas 2006), but find the approx. $1,000 price tag for 4 people for 2 days to be a bit steep for our budget this year. The extra sad part of that is that our oldest son marches in the Aggie band, and the rumor is that they will be marching in a parade at Disney.

My question is: if we aren't going to the theme parks or stayin at one of the resorts, can we still visit some of the resorts to see the Christmas decorations? Can we use the monorail and boats to go see the resorts? We'd love to visit Ft. Wilderness - that's where we've stayed before.

Thanks!
Gig' em Aggies!

You are more than welcome to visit the resorts and ride the monorail without park tickets. Enjoy!!:wave2:

You are more than welcome to visit the resorts and ride the monorail without park tickets. Enjoy!!:wave2:

Parking is $14 per day. You may want to check this out if you are on ebay, 110981610460 Item number:. This is not my listing but 8 one day tickets would get 4 people into the parks for 2 days.

Parking is $14 per day. You may want to check this out if you are on ebay, 110981610460 Item number:. This is not my listing but 8 one day tickets would get 4 people into the parks for 2 days.
Really bad idea. How would you know if the passes were, in all reality, good? Not to mention, that comes out to about $85 per ticket. You can buy them at WDW for just under $90..but you do have to pay tax. I have heard too many stories about people that have bought passes on eBay and been burned!!

Not to mention that the passes you mention, on eBay?? They were complimentary passes to begin with. So, while they are 'probably' still good, there is someone out there profiting from something they most likely aren't entitled to profit from.

I would think that if anyone really wanted to hit the MK, why not just buy a one day pass for each person??? Your ds wouldn't need one since he would be in the parade, so you would only need 3 of them.....one day at MK is better than no days!!!

goofy4tink said:
Really bad idea. How would you know if the passes were, in all reality, good? Not to mention, that comes out to about $85 per ticket. You can buy them at WDW for just under $90..but you do have to pay tax. I have heard too many stories about people that have bought passes on eBay and been burned!!

I would think that if anyone really wanted to hit the MK, why not just buy a one day pass for each person??? Your ds wouldn't need one since he would be in the parade, so you would only need 3 of them.....one day at MK is better than no days!!!

Completely agree.

Yes OP, you can go around all the resorts and use all the WDW transportation you like, you just may have to pay for parking.

rwenzel said:
Hi - we'll be visiting Orlando right after Christmas - coming for the Capital One Bowl to see our Texas A&M Aggies play on New Year's Day. We'd love to visit Disneyworld again (last time was 12 days at Christmas 2006), but find the approx. $1,000 price tag for 4 people for 2 days to be a bit steep for our budget this year. The extra sad part of that is that our oldest son marches in the Aggie band, and the rumor is that they will be marching in a parade at Disney.

My question is: if we aren't going to the theme parks or stayin at one of the resorts, can we still visit some of the resorts to see the Christmas decorations? Can we use the monorail and boats to go see the resorts? We'd love to visit Ft. Wilderness - that's where we've stayed before.

Thanks!
Gig' em Aggies!

I know what you mean about cost! We have a daughter marching in the Outback Bowl in Tampa on New Years Day. Other daughter decided to forego the trip. I was able to get a great rate on room only at AKL starting Jan 2, actually booked two oops at <$200 each per night. Snagged the Dolphin with AAA for New Years night for around the same rate with AAA. Plan is to grab daughter after the game in Tampa, then drive over and check in. We're actually planning on king a friends daughter with these rates. Can't help with the tier prices, aaa only reduces rate by around $5 per ticket. Can the school get you discounted tickets? I know we're foregoing the Outback Bowl as the discounted price is ~$100 per seat.

So sorry. I guess I should have done the math before posting. I was just trying to help them out by seeing if they could get tickets for under $1000. I've never been swindled on Ebay but I'm always careful to check feedback and the number of transactions. Thank you goofy4tink for showing me the error of my ways.

You can use the monorail and buses without charge. You can park at one of the resorts for a limited amount of time while doing so.

So sorry. I guess I should have done the math before posting. I was just trying to help them out by seeing if they could get tickets for under $1000. I've never been swindled on Ebay but I'm always careful to check feedback and the number of transactions. Thank you goofy4tink for showing me the error of my ways.

There's pretty much no way to know if you've been swindled with these until you are at the gate ready to use them. There's no way I could recommend anyone on eBay or other similar sites for this reason, no matter their feedback rating.

mesaboy2 said:
There's pretty much no way to know if you've been swindled with these until you are at the gate ready to use them. There's no way I could recommend anyone on eBay or other similar sites for this reason, no matter their feedback rating.

We have had the discussion on the boards before about the tickets on Ebay and the positive feedback on the experience with that vendor.

The general consensus was that how many people would come back on the disboards and admit, despite everyone's advice, they were actually swindled?????

. . . My question is: if we aren't going to the theme parks or stayin at one of the resorts, can we still visit some of the resorts to see the Christmas decorations? Can we use the monorail and boats to go see the resorts? We'd love to visit Ft. Wilderness - that's where we've stayed before . . .

1) Yes, you ride boats, buses, monorails for free.
2) I would
. . . drive to Poly to have a quick service meal/snack at Captain Cook's
. . . you don't pay for parking and you get a 3-hr parking pass
. . . ride the monorail and visit the other resorts
. . . take the boat from Contemporary to Fort Wilderness and stroll around
. . . take boat to CR or MK and boat to Poly
. . . retrieve car from lot

NOTE: Of course, you can pay $15+tip for valet parking and not
have the 3-hr parking restriction.

Thanks!
Gig' em Aggies!

Uh, I don't think the OP is going to have to worry about this because all reports are that the Aggies are going to the Chick-fil-A bowl in Atlanta. http://www.wdwinfo.com/images/smilies/sad06.gif

I think a big part of things everyone is ignoring is "after Christmas."

Between Christmas and New Years Eve is one of the few times monorails and buses check for resort ID and park tickets. You can't get past the ticketbooths at the TTC without a park ticket during this period and they often check resort ID's.

You need a reason to be at the various resorts during this period - make a reservation for dining somewhere.

The rest of the year no one would care or bat an eye, but this particular time of year the transportation systems are taxed and Disney effectively prohibits the use of the transportation systems by those without tickets, resort ID, or a "reason" to be there.

Oh my goodness! We have been on the DIS since January 2000 so I rarely post even though I read daily. This is sad news for me, I am from Lincoln NE, and I(Kathy) attended the Univ. of NE, they are the playing Georgia Bulldogs. My son and family is joining us for our New Years Eve vacation this year! Yeah for that but they are Bulldogs and he is so intense. Oh well, I will say, I think the the GA Bulldogs will win, the Cornhuskers looked so bad yesterday and GA looked so great we were thinking we will avoid this game. We will enjoy our Contempory resort rooms and we move to Baylake Tower for MK view for NYE. So OP, I don't know where the Aggies are going but good luck to you and yeah to marching bands. Our daughter attends Iowa State and she has been in their band for 3 years. *Dave told my this morning he thought for sure the Aggies were going so I guess we just don't know until the announcements are made.

I was so looking forword to this trip. Just minutes ago husband Dave found an old USB stick of our daughters in his pile of USB sticks and on it were Disney vacation photos from 2008! She recorded Wishes with sound only, it was like we were there. I believe her camera malfunctioned.

Happy Holidays to all, Dave and Kathy:cheer2:

tecdavidt said:
Oh my goodness! We have been on the DIS since January 2000 so I rarely post even though I read daily. This is sad news for me, I am from Lincoln NE, and I(Kathy) attended the Univ. of NE, they are the playing Georgia Bulldogs. My son and family is joining us for our New Years Eve vacation this year! Yeah for that but they are Bulldogs and he is so intense. Oh well, I will say, I think the the GA Bulldogs will win, the Cornhuskers looked so bad yesterday and GA looked so great we were thinking we will avoid this game. We will enjoy our Contempory resort rooms and we move to Baylake Tower for MK view for NYE. So OP, I don't know where the Aggies are going but good luck to you and yeah to marching bands. Our daughter attends Iowa State and she has been in their band for 3 years. *Dave told my this morning he thought for sure the Aggies were going so I guess we just don't know until the announcements are made.

I was so looking forword to this trip. Just minutes ago husband Dave found an old USB stick of our daughters in his pile of USB sticks and on it were Disney vacation photos from 2008! She recorded Wishes with sound only, it was like we were there. I believe her camera malfunctioned.

Happy Holidays to all, Dave and Kathy:cheer2:

Go HUSKERS! Hopefully they look better than they did yesterday! We are from omaha and headed to Disney next weekend! Would loved to have waited a couple of weeks and gone to the game!

sorry but Texas A&M will be staying in Texas playing in the Cotton Bowl.

Sorry , I wish you would get to come back to Disney World.:sad:

Geaux Tigers!!! LSU !

Gig 'em! We were looking forward to the Capital One bowl, but, sadly, it's the Cotton Bowl for us and Oklahoma.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter