Money question....

Hedy

<font color=blue>I'm <s>22</s> 27 and I still kind
Ok, so I know to bring singles for room service, and that on the ship everything goes onto your KTTW cards, but what about ports (just Nassau, I guess) Are you better off using cash, your credit card, or traveler's checks (I may be the youngest person in America who knows what a traveler's check is, LOL)

:confused3 Why a Visa money card instead of a regular Visa credit card (or some other credit card), assuming you use credit cards?

Just read in "The Rough Guide to the Bahamas" that the Bahamian dollar is par with the US dollar and both equally accepted. Best would be not to use large bills, I think.

is this accepted on the ship? It might not be accepted by smaller vendors. or for small purchases. I would use cash.

It would be accepted wherever a VISA Card is accepted. It is a Traveler's Check in credit card form.

Just read in "The Rough Guide to the Bahamas" that the Bahamian dollar is par with the US dollar and both equally accepted. Best would be not to use large bills, I think.

Good idea because they will try to give you Bahamian dollars in change and they are hard to get rid of.

Ok, so I know to bring singles for room service, and that on the ship everything goes onto your KTTW cards, but what about ports (just Nassau, I guess) Are you better off using cash, your credit card, or traveler's checks (I may be the youngest person in America who knows what a traveler's check is, LOL)

For Castaway Cay you can only use your KTTW card....unless you want to mail a postcard from the CC post office, then you need cash. But make sure you bring change as they can't break large bills. You can get change at guest services before you get off the ship if you need it.

For Nassau I would bring a small amount of cash for the occassional trinket or small souvenier - easier to barter that way (if you're so inclined) - as well as for cab fare. Again, no large bills and do not let them give you back Bahamian money (unless you want it as souvenier).

All major credit cards are excepted and that's your best bet when buying any high dollar items. Try to use a card with the best fraud/loss protection.

I'll have money for the ship, but for Nassau, I have a Visa card....safer that way....not that I intend to do a lot of shopping, we just want to get off long enough to get a little something and get back on the ship.

Sorry, not meaning to hijack but John, you bring up the subject of stamps on CC. How much is postage from Castaway Cay back to the US?

Thanks!

According to information I could find, mailing a post card from a Bahamian Post Office would be $0.50, worldwide ($0.15 to another Bahamian location).

Sorry, not meaning to hijack but John, you bring up the subject of stamps on CC. How much is postage from Castaway Cay back to the US?

Thanks!

According to information I could find, mailing a post card from a Bahamian Post Office would be $0.50, worldwide ($0.15 to another Bahamian location).

Just to be clear, you would have to use Bahamian stamps if you mail the card from CC. I just didn't want anybody thinking they could use US stamps there.

Sorry - keep forgetting to check this thread for questions.

Current price to mail a postcard from Castaway Cay to the U.S.:

- "standard" size postcard = $0.55 (US)
- "large" postcard = $0.65 (US)

I don't know what a letter would cost to mail.

Small bills and exact change helps speed the process.

I'm not sure about the post office on Castaway Cay, but there was a postal station inside the building right off the dock, shortly after they greet you and welcome you to Nassau.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter