Mom & Son-One More Time w/Dad! 11 days of DxDDP-10/21, Grand Finale, FF Chef's Table!

Howdy! I did sneak in a change that I didn't post. I cancelled The Wave for breakfast ... we will now finally try WPE. So I replaced our GFC dinner with the Wave. Made the changes to the list, but didn't post about it.

Our other big news is that we are paid in full! :banana: :banana: :banana: Makes the trip seem closer!

I really don't think I will make any more changes. But who knows!

Can't wait to hear your reviews of the Wave! When I was planning our '09 trip it got great reviews. Now it doesn't as much... Then I read the Disney Food Blogs review and it sounded really good so it has me curious about it again...

Howdy! I did sneak in a change that I didn't post. I cancelled The Wave for breakfast ... we will now finally try WPE. So I replaced our GFC dinner with the Wave. Made the changes to the list, but didn't post about it.

Our other big news is that we are paid in full! :banana: :banana: :banana: Makes the trip seem closer!

I really don't think I will make any more changes. But who knows!

Hooray for being paid in full!!! :cheer2:

Aha, I see your WPE breakfast on 8/30 now. I'll be there a few days earlier hopefully to try out the french toast or the breakfast pocket or breakfast pizza... too many good choices!

We are still determined to try GFC for dinner - I actually did the opposite and cancelled our Wave ADR for that. I will be very anxious to compare reviews and experiences! :laughing:

Now we can officially say that we will be at WDW NEXT MONTH! :thumbsup2

Would not miss this for the world!

Welcome Nicki! Hopefully we are eating at some of the spots you have planned so we can give you a preview!

Another one along for the ride :yay:

Yay! Thanks for joining!

I havent changed my ADRs in three weeks now :goodvibes I may have a final plan :banana:

Its only been a week for me but I think I may be final as well. We'll see ... would still consider chaning our Plaza lunch if something else peeks my interest!

Can't wait to hear your reviews of the Wave! When I was planning our '09 trip it got great reviews. Now it doesn't as much... Then I read the Disney Food Blogs review and it sounded really good so it has me curious about it again...

DS and I had a great meal there in 2007 on our Mom & Son trip. We say we are going to go with DH every trip and never seems to get there. I think this is the year we will!

Hooray for being paid in full!!! :cheer2:

Aha, I see your WPE breakfast on 8/30 now. I'll be there a few days earlier hopefully to try out the french toast or the breakfast pocket or breakfast pizza... too many good choices!

We are still determined to try GFC for dinner - I actually did the opposite and cancelled our Wave ADR for that. I will be very anxious to compare reviews and experiences! :laughing:

Now we can officially say that we will be at WDW NEXT MONTH! :thumbsup2

I didn't even think if the Next month! Woo Hoo! I want to try GFC as well but have decided that I want to go back to The Wave more. GFC will still be on the radar for a future trip. Course your review will probably make me regret that I didn't eat there!

We plan to split the french toast and breakfast pocket amongst the 3 of us. I am determined to make it to WPE this year!

Well I have to follow a fellow Sox fan. You may live in enemy territory, but I married a Jersey boy from a family full of evil empire fans. But we did marry in 2004 and we all remember that year!

We are going in Oct. and have some of the same ADR's...although yours are apparently subject to change. ;) We are also going Deluxe so I'm looking forward to following along.

Well I have to follow a fellow Sox fan. You may live in enemy territory, but I married a Jersey boy from a family full of evil empire fans. But we did marry in 2004 and we all remember that year!

We are going in Oct. and have some of the same ADR's...although yours are apparently subject to change. ;) We are also going Deluxe so I'm looking forward to following along.

Wow, I only really have to deal with my Dad as an evil empire member! Good year to get married! :thumbsup2

Not subject to change per se, just subject to tweak! :rotfl:

Ok, so I knew DonaldDoleWhip's latest review was going to make me change something! We were already eating at The Wave for dinner but I really like the current lunch menu better than the current dinner menu. And DS wants to try the bison burger. So I changed The Plaza to The Wave for lunch. The problem is that all of the MK area restaurants are showing no availability for dinner on 8/26! :scared: So what's a girl to do? Make a reservation at Flying Fish of course! ::yes::

But now on 8/26, DH and I are eating at CRT for breakfast, mostly so I can get my Vinylmation signed. Then we are all eating at Kona for lunch and FF for dinner. Plus we have Dessert Party reservations! :rolleyes2

Talking about it, we realize that we don't really go to the dessert party for the desserts. Just the nice quiet place to sit and watch Wishes. Plus I do have a 16 year old boy so he will eat any time. Debating cancelling CRT but I do want my Vinyl signed and I won't wait in line for the princesses. So the plan will be to pay for Kona out of pocket. DS won't have had breakfast so he will want a full meal. DH and I will probably just get appetizers or split an entree. Yes, we will be full after FF and not want many if any desserts (although isn't there always room for a chocolate covered strawberry?!). But I think the MK may be such a zoo that we are going to be happy to cut out for a bit. It will be nice to go back to the room after the Parade, rest & change, have dinner and then go back to the madness!

Just another idea for you...what if you switched your Flying Fish and Kouzzina dinners? It seems like FF has better desserts than Kouzzina. That way you might have more room for the desserts at the party if you have dinner at Kouzzina that night. And then save FF for the night of your cruise. Does that make any sense??? :lmao:

Oh, I just thought of something else. Since Kouzzina is only a 1 credit dinner then it might be easier (in terms of value received) to skip dessert there or share one or two desserts. ;)

Just another idea for you...what if you switched your Flying Fish and Kouzzina dinners? It seems like FF has better desserts than Kouzzina. That way you might have more room for the desserts at the party if you have dinner at Kouzzina that night. And then save FF for the night of your cruise. Does that make any sense??? :lmao:

Oh, I just thought of something else. Since Kouzzina is only a 1 credit dinner then it might be easier (in terms of value received) to skip dessert there or share one or two desserts. ;)

I did actually think of that. We are doing the Illuminations Cruise after our Kouzzina dinner and the way I have our day currently planned, I am not sure that I want to have to go back to the room and change if we don't want to. I like the idea of 'forcing' ourselves out of the MK on what seems like it will be a crowded day. I know it is an insane amount of food if we eat all that we are entitled to but it is early in the trip so we won't be sick of food yet and I don't think we will eat all we are entitled to.

Course I still have time to tweak! :upsidedow

I did actually think of that. We are doing the Illuminations Cruise after our Kouzzina dinner and the way I have our day currently planned, I am not sure that I want to have to go back to the room and change if we don't want to. I like the idea of 'forcing' ourselves out of the MK on what seems like it will be a crowded day. I know it is an insane amount of food if we eat all that we are entitled to but it is early in the trip so we won't be sick of food yet and I don't think we will eat all we are entitled to.

Course I still have time to tweak! :upsidedow

Sounds like you have things well-planned out and under control! :thumbsup2 But then again, DonaldDoleWhip has only just begun his Dining Reviews. :lmao:

I watched the lightbulb go on when you read Donald's review. I would love to find room for The Wave lunch now that I've read Donald's review. I just don't have anywhere to fit it in. :worried:

How amazing to do an Illuminations cruise. Stupid question but they allow boats on the lagoon during the show?? You and your party don't become part of the pyrotechnics show do you?? :lmao: Kaboom!

So you've already ended up changing your plans! :laughing: I really hope The Wave lunch proves to be worth it. The bison burger sounds absolutely awesome, and overall the menu has enough variety that I'd be happy to eat another meal there. :thumbsup2

So you've already ended up changing your plans! :laughing: I really hope The Wave lunch proves to be worth it. The bison burger sounds absolutely awesome, and overall the menu has enough variety that I'd be happy to eat another meal there. :thumbsup2

Hmmm...so Donald, is this a hint???

I know, I know...Patience is a virtue! :p

Sounds like you have things well-planned out and under control! :thumbsup2 But then again, DonaldDoleWhip has only just begun his Dining Reviews. :lmao:

I know! Not sure if I am looking forward to or dreading the rest of the reviews! :rotfl:

I watched the lightbulb go on when you read Donald's review. I would love to find room for The Wave lunch now that I've read Donald's review. I just don't have anywhere to fit it in. :worried:

How amazing to do an Illuminations cruise. Stupid question but they allow
boats on the lagoon during the show?? You and your party don't become part of the pyrotechnics show do you?? :lmao: Kaboom!

I thought of you when I made the change! :upsidedow As soon as DS saw the bison burger on the menu I was told to "make it so"! I am not the only changer in the family!

I read that the boat sits near the bridge between France and the UK. I am really looking forward to it! DS and I did a Wishes cruise with some other Disers in 2008 and it was a blast!

Yeah, nervous to continue reading your report! There isn't much else I can change!

Hmmm...so Donald, is this a hint???

I know, I know...Patience is a virtue! :p

Patience is not a virtue I was both with!

Ok, so Narcoossees is the only signature we haven't eaten at (not counting the new additions to the DP this year). It has been on and then off our list for the past few years. DS and I are not seafood eaters so as much as I wanted to try the restaurant, the menu just didn't appeal to us. Well, seeing the current menu in DonaldDoleWhip's review made me want to add it in this year! (He's killing me! :rotfl:) This required some changes due to availability issues.

So, I took jabead's suggestion and switched Flying Fish and Kouzzina. Also had to change our planned meal at Citricos to Artist Point. And we are now eating at Narcoossees when we had planned to eat at Citricos. It became the odd man out. Funny because we weren't even planning to eat at Flying Fish until Friday and now both DS and DH want to eat there more than Citricos. Why didn't they tell me that before! :laughing:

Hehe, more changes. DH has made me promise I won't change our ADRs any more (and we only have 5) :rotfl:

How great that you are doing the Illuminations cruise. We have doen it a couple of times and it is awesome. We tried to find a share for August but no luck - for info, the boat stops under the bridge by the International Gateway and it is a great place to see Illuminations from. In fact, up until 2010, neither DH or I had never seen Illuminations from inside Epcot ;)

I have one thing to say....:rotfl2:

(Okay, actually two things. ;))

I am so glad I'm not in your shoes, because if I were I would be doing the exact same thing right now! :lmao:

But actually, I wouldn't mind being in your shoes right now because your trip is coming up very soon!!! :woohoo: So scratch that second thing. ;)

More plans falling into place for you! :thumbsup2 From Donald's review this looks to be a big winner! :wizard: I'm looking forward to seeing how you liked this.

Arrgh!!! We'll be so close to FF - it will be just downstairs for our BWV part of our stay and I would love to fill in another Signature instead of GFC (dinner) or my only other 'open' night but I haven't decided since I think DH would also love AP. Where's my crystal ball?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter