Mom and Dad escape to WDW!

Kitts21

DIS Veteran
So here is the story, The DW and I are taking a short trip to WDW in the beginning of Aug. while the DD is at camp. We will be celebrating our 20th anniversary, along with the DW birthday(28yol:rolleyes1). This will be only the 2nd time we have taken a trip with out the kids in 20 years of marriage. The first was last year to celebrate our 19th anniversary. We are planning a 3 night trip and have AKL reserved with AP rate.

Now the question I have for you all is where would you pick between AKL standard view($199), POFQ rack rate standard view($196), or CSR business class($221)?

We love the AKL but will be staying there for 4-5 nights in November for our family trip. So we kind of would like to do something different. But the rate is fantastic so it's hard to turn down.

We love, love, love POFQ, with it's romantic feel and ambiance. Along with being within a short walk of POR. The DW loves the create you own salad at POR. But for the essentially the same price we can get a deluxe. We would be a little more centrally located here , along with having a nice boat ride available to DTD( or Disney Springs).

CSR business class seems to be a reasonable price, and we do like how it is centrally located. It just lacks the romance that both AKL and POFQ have. But it is a club level room that offers a breakfast and beverages each morning and evening.

If we could get it we would have preferred to stay at a Epcot resort. These are our favorites to stay at using DVC, but we are paying cash for this stay and would like to be within a reasonable budget. Also if any of you have any other Ideas let us hear them. Along with any romantic suggetions on things to do while in WDW as a couple traveling with out kids.

Thanks for all you input and suggestions. It's been a while since I last posted on here and boy have I missed it.

I would suggest POFQ. For the price and ambience, I think it would make a nice little romantic getaway. I never would turn down a deluxe, but if you are going in Nov to AKL, then I would stick to POFQ. Especially since the missus likes it.

I don't think I would consider CSR for this trip.

And I think you might be able to get a better rate at POFQ, too. Someone else might chime in on that.

Have a great time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter