Modifying an existing package?

DisneyFreq

Do you believe in fairies? If you believe, clap yo
I currently have an 8 night package booked for November with free dining. Is it possible to move my arrival date back by a day and shorten the stay to 7 nights without loosing my current deal/dining reservations?

DD just found out she has a mandatory school event scheduled for our arrival day.....

Yes you can modify your package and not lose the FD. You need to call and see if there is availability at your resort for the time frame you want. If there is you can change the package dates. I believe there is a penalty for any changes made within 45 days of arrival as well. I am trying to move my FD dates too. So far I haven't had luck with adding a day (nothing available) but you may! I would call ASAP to see what can be done.

As long as you weren't originally checking in on the last day for free dining, it shouldn't be an issue to drop the first night.

I currently have an 8 night package booked for November with free dining. Is it possible to move my arrival date back by a day and shorten the stay to 7 nights without loosing my current deal/dining reservations?

DD just found out she has a mandatory school event scheduled for our arrival day.....

As the pp said, as long as your original check in day isn't the last day of FD, you can drop that first night without a problem. With that said, I would make the change prior to the 45 day mark as once you are 44 days or less from arrival, you will be charged a $50 change fee.

If the original check in day is the last day of FD, you will lose FD if you drop that day.

I am hoping to add an extra night too, but have not found availability...

Well I did yesterday and was trying to book it but my planning period at school ran out and I had to stop; I called back after work and my room as gone :(

The 2nd CM I spoke to informed me that once a FD room is cancelled it is sent back to the general pool not left for the FD pool, which totally contradicts the other 2 CMs I spoke to (not to mention the fact that a FD room was open at noon but nothing was again at 4!)

If there is no availability for an extra day under free dining, you might want to do a room only reservation for the first day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter