Moderate Resorts With Extra Bed in Room?

TerraLil

Earning My Ears
Other than suites, which moderate resorts have the option of 2 beds plus another sleeping option (pull out couch, child size pull down)? The only moderate I see with that option is Port Orleans Riverside. Am I missing any others?

- POR and CBR have some rooms with 2 queen beds and a fold down child bunk
- POR are all in Alligator Bayou section
- CBR are throughout except for Pirates section
- Ft Wilderness Cabins give a bedroom with Queen Bed and bunk beds, plus sofabed in living room.
- CSR has Suites with 2 Queens or 1 King and Queen Sofabed, but they are deluxe prices

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies. I noticed the descriptions for Port Orleans Riverside and Caribbean Beach say "2 Queen Beds and 1 Child-Size Pull Down Bed OR 2 Queen Beds." Is there a way to assure we get the pull down bed other than just noting it when we make an online reservation?

Thanks for the replies. I noticed the descriptions for Port Orleans Riverside and Caribbean Beach say "2 Queen Beds and 1 Child-Size Pull Down Bed OR 2 Queen Beds." Is there a way to assure we get the pull down bed other than just noting it when we make an online reservation?

If you are a party of 5 that is your only option.
First priority will be given to parties of 5.
You can note on the online reservation.
You can call and have them enter it on your reservation.
No guarantee unless you are party of 5.

If you are a party of 5 that is your only option.
First priority will be given to parties of 5.
You can note on the online reservation.
You can call and have them enter it on your reservation.
No guarantee unless you are party of 5.

We are a family of 4 but we're used to a king-sized bed and have 2 kids that flop around a bunch when they sleep so bed sharing isn't ideal for them. I've read reviews of Port Orleans Riverside and Caribbean Beach that claim some beds are doubles and not queens as advertised. I guess we'll pack the air mattress just in case!

We are a family of 4 but we're used to a king-sized bed and have 2 kids that flop around a bunch when they sleep so bed sharing isn't ideal for them. I've read reviews of Port Orleans Riverside and Caribbean Beach that claim some beds are doubles and not queens as advertised. I guess we'll pack the air mattress just in case!

At Port Orleans Riverside:
There are zero rooms with double beds.
If you book a Preferred room, you WILL get a room with 2 queens and the Murphy bed.

At Caribbean Beach:
The only rooms with double beds are the Pirate Themed Rooms which are a separate booking category.
If you're a party of 4 the rooms with 2 queens and the Murphy Bed are by request only.

At Port Orleans Riverside:
There are zero rooms with double beds.
If you book a Preferred room, you WILL get a room with 2 queens and the Murphy bed.

At Caribbean Beach:
The only rooms with double beds are the Pirate Themed Rooms which are a separate booking category.
If you're a party of 4 the rooms with 2 queens and the Murphy Bed are by request only.

So do all AB rooms have fold down bunks? Not sure why but in my head not all had trundles.

For AB in Riverside, I was under the impression that they all had the fold down murphy bed, except for the accessible rooms. I'm still putting on our request that we'd like a fold down murphy bed......just on the off chance that they would try to stick us in an accessible room. We are only a party of 3.

I think you are pretty assured of a pull down bed if you pay for a preferred room at Riverside. All of the preferred rooms are in the Alligator Bayou section and those have the pull down beds. Someone correct me if I'm wrong

edit: I see that dansdad also mentioned this!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter