• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mobility scooters

Discrazycailín

Earning My Ears
Hi there,

We are traveling to Disney world from Ireland in October. My father has had several health issues since our last Disney vacation, and I'm worried the walking in the parks will be too much for him, especially on halloween. Is it possible to rent a mobility scooter in the magic kingdom to include the Halloween party?

it will be less expensive to rent from off site, and that way he can have it with him at all times. ( including at the resort/hotel)

this is especially true if you plan on entering a park later in the afternoon, since they run out of ECVs quite often

:welcome:

ECVs are available for rent within the Disney parks, however they are on a first-come first-served basis. Often by mid-morning they are out of ECVs, at which point guests may rent a wheelchair and be added to a waiting list for an ECV to be returned. If you were to rent one that morning (or at any point during the day), yes he would have use of it throughout the day until the party is over. However, you may find that one isn't available depending what time you arrive at the MK. To guarantee having an ECV, you might consider renting from an offsite vendor and that is usually a less expensive option as well. There are some vendors listed in the disABILITIES FAQs thread pinned near the top of this forum.

Enjoy your vacation!

Thank you both for the replies, I'll check out the off site vendors
Try Scooterbug. I used them after I had my ACL repaired, and they were great. They drop off your ECV at the bell hop station at your resort and you drop it off at the end of your trip. No need to meet someone from the company for pick up or drop off (as with some companies). It's also much cheaper than renting in the park and you have it for your entire stay, not just in the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter