• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MNSSHP candy

sheila14

DIS Veteran
As I am planning my vacation for the wonderful Halloween party, I was wondering what candy is passed out? I went last year and it was mostly chocolate, skittles and gummy savers. Does Disney rotate each year what they pass out? I have come across many pictures of the past and it seems that perhaps they offer different types of candy each year? Any info is appreciated thank you.

Last year there were Mars brands and Hershey's. Also some Dove, not sure if that falls in with one of the other brands or not

One time a certain line was sponsored by Werther's and they were giving out the caramel apple candies which were SO GOOD. They also usually have some little peanut candy bar that I can't remember the name of because I don't believe they sell them around here. Those are great. You do get the good stuff though, not those generic "black & orange" chewy-but-still-hard things (which I actually kinda like, but they are like the cheapest Halloween candy there is).

Here's a tip bring your own trick or treat bags the one they give you is a little plastic bag.
I brought one that I bought in a store. As the bag got heavy I deposited candy in a locker, so I didn't have to carry a heavy bag all evening.

I have a pic on my phone of my candy stash I got in October, don't know how to post it here but here's a summary:
M&M's (reg, peanut, peanut butter & crispy), Skittles, Peeps, Mickey suckers, Twix, Dove chocolate, Starburst, Snickers (reg and peanut butter), 3 musketeers, Lifesavers gummies, Milky way.

Last edited:
Here's a tip bring your own trick or treat bags the one they give you is a little plastic bag.

You can ask for another bag. They will give you as many as you want. You are right though in that bringing your own is easier of you are going to go fill tilt at the treat trails.

Back in 2013, Disney was bragging about how they were buying 220 tons of candy to hand out at MNSSHP. And we did indeed get a lot of candy. Most of it was what I like to call 'pinata mix' candy. That kind of odd brand stuff like "nut chews", some sort of taffy, those peanut butter chews, and classics like slo-pokes. The candy was good. The kind of stuff I remember getting myself as a kid. A lot of them had paper (waxed) wrappers.

That last bit is more important than it may seem. We went back in 2014 and again went to MNSSHP and they were handing out the exact same mix of candy. And ... I think it was the same candy. Put in storage for a year. It was stale. And everything tasted a little like the banana taffy. Like it had all been stored together ... for a year.

We didn't go in 2015, but we did go in 2016 and there was a lot more candy bars, and all of it was wrapped in plastic.

Here's my tips:
  1. If your candy line has more than one bucket at the end, hit both of them. Cast member told me this one. The Tiki room had 4 buckets in it and we got a handfull out of each.
  2. Always say trick-or-treat. It makes a difference in the size handfull they give you.
  3. If you want to play dirty, get to the end of the line and have the youngest in your group tearfully announce that their bag is missing. "Oh no! I set it down when you told me to tie my show! Do you think it's still back there? My favorite park map is in the bag." Then tears. The castmember will give you a new bag full to the brim.*
  4. If you find a line that is short, moves fast, or has something great at the end, repeat the line until your bag is full.
  5. Always say thank you and/or happy Halloween. Just because it's polite ... and also because you are looping that line and they will remember you as the polite family.
*In my defense, my wife challenged me to a candy-off; her and my son vs. me and my daughter. My devious and competitive daughter. Maybe this makes us bad people. But we are bad people with pillowcases full of candy.

Last edited:
We got a done of great candy this last year! I'm a teacher so I took a lot of it to school for my kids.

Part of our collection from October 2016. It will give you a good idea of some of the various candies we received.

14956550_10155150412436416_9178090510520819283_n.jpg

We took the candy over to our gr-d at the Air Force base. She in turn took it with her to her duty station and boy did those guys enjoy it.

We went last year on Halloween night and they were giving lots of candy and more on your way out for the night. Do they do this at every party or just because it was the last one

One year they had peeps candy. I had never had this before as we don't have it in the UK. I liked it. But they had so much they were handing it out even as you left the park! I was happy to take it!

We last went in 2015. In addition to everything already mentioned, they also had Smarties (like Sweet Tarts if you are familiar with it). It was good for me because I'm finding I am becoming sensitive to peanuts. No full blown reaction yet, but can't stop coughing. Hate it because I love Snickers and peanut butter!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter