• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MNSSHP 2022 Check-in -- Dates, Costumes, and More!

Going 8/30 for the first time since 2015!
My sister, DD (12), and myself are going as Huey, Dewey, and Louie with white shorts and plain tshirts with matching hats. Figuring it was going to be super hot we opted for comfort.

I tried REALLLLLLY hard to convince them that we could be the All Star Resorts as a group of 3 but they shot that down. Will someone please do that idea??
Oh that’s so cute! Both what your wearing but the resort idea too.

My dd 27 is bringing a 1st timer. She said can we wear costumes? We always just wear Halloween shirts n ears but this year? The Emperor’s New Groove! I’m Yzma because they said I had enough wrinkles to pull it off 🤣

Dd will be Kronk, friend will be Kuzco.

I have fun ears from Etsy. I’m wearing a black tennis skort with a purple top. I will cut a black cape from party city and sew on it a turquoise boa along the edge. The boa matches exactly to the bow on the ears. Then some makeup etc and both comfy and fun

. C62A2E5D-E1F9-4497-A62C-35EE8CADF3B0.jpeg

We bought our party tickets yesterday. They are showing on our accounts. Do we still have to show our DVC card to get in?

We bought our party tickets yesterday. They are showing on our accounts. Do we still have to show our DVC card to get in?
I don’t think so. They are not doing the 2pm dvc early entry. With mnsshp tickets you can enter with that at 4p and later. That’s all you need.

Mine say that as well. I am hoping not. Didn’t need to for Boo Bash last year but I don’t remember if those had a discount or not.

We're doing 9/11 with 3 adults and 4 kids. I totally forgot we could all do actual costumes and ordered the girls some adorable mickey halloween dresses with matching ears and the boys some skeleton shirts with candy at the belly area and glow in the dark bones. I had just planned on wearing a halloween dress I grabbed off Amazon since it was light and comfy. Now I'm second guessing myself and wondering if we need actual costumes instead, but we leave in 2 weeks so we're down to the wire on getting anything together.

We're doing 9/11 with 3 adults and 4 kids. I totally forgot we could all do actual costumes and ordered the girls some adorable mickey halloween dresses with matching ears and the boys some skeleton shirts with candy at the belly area and glow in the dark bones. I had just planned on wearing a halloween dress I grabbed off Amazon since it was light and comfy. Now I'm second guessing myself and wondering if we need actual costumes instead, but we leave in 2 weeks so we're down to the wire on getting anything together.
So many people do halloween items you will all look adorable. However you could wear the halloween stuff a different day and wear costumes if you really want to. People wear halloween stuff to MK , Epcot etc even on non party days.

The costumes for my two kids and myself came in, I have to say I'm pretty surprised by the quality (especially of the dress), I wasn't expecting much. I think I read that during the party you can wear long dresses (as opposed to other times) as long as they don't drag, so I should be ok if I wear the dress (my daughter and I are going back and forth between two outfits on who will wear what).Halloween 2022 costumes.jpg

Anyone have any costume ideas for dressing like a ride? My friend is going as small world, other ideas and how I would do it?

Not for a party, so if your doing it for a party no issue with me being there at the same time as you :)

Anyone have any costume ideas for dressing like a ride? My friend is going as small world, other ideas and how I would do it?

Not for a party, so if your doing it for a party no issue with me being there at the same time as you :)

Jungle Cruise: khaki bucket hat, cargo pants/shorts. T shirt with boat drawn on a shoulder (could just be basic stick drawing) and twisting river down the middle (again, basic is fine). Then get a tube of jungle animals from Target or a craft store and hang them on the shirt down both sides of the river. Maybe hang/draw some simple trees down the riverbanks, too. I feel like there's also a joke here where you clip a blue felt waterfall to the back of your pants for the "backside of water". You would definitely need to have some of your cheesiest skipper jokes memorized for the occasion, too.

Jungle Cruise: khaki bucket hat, cargo pants/shorts. T shirt with boat drawn on a shoulder (could just be basic stick drawing) and twisting river down the middle (again, basic is fine). Then get a tube of jungle animals from Target or a craft store and hang them on the shirt down both sides of the river. Maybe hang/draw some simple trees down the riverbanks, too. I feel like there's also a joke here where you clip a blue felt waterfall to the back of your pants for the "backside of water". You would definitely need to have some of your cheesiest skipper jokes memorized for the occasion, too.
I will be running so no need for jokes but I love it!!

I will be running so no need for jokes but I love it!!
Hmmm, if you're running, the plastic characters would get bouncy. I'd look for a set of vinyl stickers or felt jungle animals that you could glue to the shirt instead. Definitely think the backside of water on your backside works well for a themed run :-)

Does anyone think it would be weird if my husband and I were Mickey and Minnie. He isnt really into costumes, so I was going to get him some red shorts, a black shirt and mickey gloves, with a baseball hat with mouse ears. I would wear my Minnie dress from the Dress shop with gloves and ears. I keep second guessing it.

Does anyone think it would be weird if my husband and I were Mickey and Minnie. He isnt really into costumes, so I was going to get him some red shorts, a black shirt and mickey gloves, with a baseball hat with mouse ears. I would wear my Minnie dress from the Dress shop with gloves and ears. I keep second guessing it.
not at all!!! sounds adorable

Going September 25th and doing Elliott from Pete's Dragon. It will be more bounding than costume. If you know Elliott, you will know my costume/outfit.

I keep changing my mind, and now I think I will be going as Celia Mae (Mike Wazowski's girlfriend) from Monsters, Inc. I am packing for a two-week WDW trip which includes a cruise on the WIsh and trying to keep it to one suitcase with Pirate Night, Halloween on the High Seas, & MNSSHP is not an easy thing for me!

My friend Kristin and I are going Aug. 30th and we are going as Lilo and Stitch. She is a huge Stitch fan and has a shirt with his face on it and I have a red "hawaiian" looking tank top and capris...it is too hot to be going in full costume.

I will be attending October 10th with my DD who is 20 years old. We have not officially set on what we are wearing yet - all she knows is she cannot wait to see the Parades. She was a Competitive Dancer for 12 years and loves to see the Choreography they come up with in the parks. I think she secretly hopes to dance with Powerline ha ha ha -- maybe I need to mosey on over to the single parents forum and see who wants to do a meet and greet with me haha ha.. im surely going to be left in the dust somewhere whilst she lives her best life

We're late to the game, but we'll be attending on 9/27. No clue on costumes, probably just do matching shirts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter