MK Speedway???

kandb

DIS Veteran
I see that Disney is trying to be more green or environmentally friendly. I often wonder how they have let the speedway in the MK stay open while emits those toxic fumes into the air all day/every day. My children always want to go on the speedway but I don't want them to breath in the fumes. I wonder how Disney can with a good conscious let CM's work there all day and breath in that air. Is Disney going to do anything about replacing the cars to cars that don't omit such terrible fumes??? I often wonder why they have not addressed this issue.

This is a very-often-posted topic.

I wonder why they let people smoke. I see and smell people smoking/vaping all over.
Florida in general could do better with cars. I saw some nasty dump trucks spewing black smoke while I was on Osceola Parkway last week.

With the Tron coaster coming this area is going to get a refurb that I hope includes them keeping the speedway but refurbishing it and replacing the cars.

I see that Disney is trying to be more green or environmentally friendly. I often wonder how they have let the speedway in the MK stay open while emits those toxic fumes into the air all day/every day. My children always want to go on the speedway but I don't want them to breath in the fumes. I wonder how Disney can with a good conscious let CM's work there all day and breath in that air. Is Disney going to do anything about replacing the cars to cars that don't omit such terrible fumes??? I often wonder why they have not addressed this issue.

Just my opinion, but I think it's a bit silly to not let the kids go on the Speedway because you don't want them breathing the fumes. They're exposed to a lot worse than the couple of minutes of lawn mower engine fumes they'll get at the Speedway.

Just my opinion, but I think it's a bit silly to not let the kids go on the Speedway because you don't want them breathing the fumes. They're exposed to a lot worse than the couple of minutes of lawn mower engine fumes they'll get at the Speedway.
My son has an asthma condition, so I try to avoid him from being exposed to air that will aggravate his lungs. My two older children understand and are mature enough to pass on one ride.

I wonder why they let people smoke. I see and smell people smoking/vaping all over.
Florida in general could do better with cars. I saw some nasty dump trucks spewing black smoke while I was on Osceola Parkway last week.

I think in general, the states in the south are more lenient with smoking. We live in NJ and I think they are stricter where you can/cannot smoke. We were at the pool in New Smyrna yesterday and people around the pool were smoking. I was really surprised because I know they wouldn't allow that at the hotels in NJ. It was a Marriott.

If it was a few minutes it would be one thing but it usually has up to a half hour wait and then takes 10 or 15 minutes to ride, so it's a lot more than a few minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter