• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MK Rope Drop Strategy ???

Starbritt

Earning My Ears
Hi thanks in advance for any help/advice y'all can provide :)

My group of 9 will be at MK Tues Jan 31. If we do rope drop in a serious way, can we get SDMT, Under the Sea, and Enchanted Tales with Belle done before an 11:05 lunch at BoG? Sound feasible?

Hi thanks in advance for any help/advice y'all can provide :)

My group of 9 will be at MK Tues Jan 31. If we do rope drop in a serious way, can we get SDMT, Under the Sea, and Enchanted Tales with Belle done before an 11:05 lunch at BoG? Sound feasible?

Do them in the following order, and see what happens:

SDMT
Enchanted Tales with Belle
Under the Sea

Last edited:
It's possible, but really depends on how far back you are in the 7DMT line. That's an EMM day, so you'll be competing with those guests plus the BOG PPO people.

I would head to 7DMT first, then Enchanted Tales. If you can't fit Under the Sea in, just do it after lunch?

Robo is right, all bets are off the 31st. On a regular day? Absolutely, you could knock out those attractions before 11. On the 31st with a party of 9? How seasoned is your group? Are they able to keep up and stick together so that you don't all get separated in the cattle chute to SDMT at RD? Can you all walk quickly to the following attractions without having to stop and regroup? If this is starting to sound like a military training exercise, well, it's NYE at Disney lol. :scared:

Robo's plan is what you should follow, but on a day like that don't get too upset if your plans fall through.

The OP did say JANUARY 31st, correct? There is nothing too special about that day. I think you guys were thinking it was New Years Eve?
Yes, Jan 31. When I was originally planning, all the crowd calendars said it was a recommended day for MK. I can see now that it's AM EMH, but we can do that. I was thinking EMH during the week in late January might not be too terrible..
I am planning on SDMT first then Enchanted Tales. Will do Under the Sea if we have time.
Oh and Lol Disney would have to pay Me (a lot) to be there on NYE!

Yes! it can be done. It is very easy to get separated, though.

Are there any strollers in your party? While being careful in not breaking anyone's ankle, strollers will slow the pusher down. Ditch it asap.

Still military training...

Have fun!

Mx

If we do rope drop in a serious way, can we get SDMT, Under the Sea, and Enchanted Tales with Belle done before an 11:05 lunch at BoG

Yes. Unless 7DMT is shut down and not working you won't have any issues making that ADR and should have time for other stuff as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter