• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MK Rope Drop Strategy Advice!

DisSurfer878

DIS Veteran
We have a PPO for BOG. We plan to hit 7DMT first right after.

Now, from there, should we try to hit Peter Pan immediately after, or head left towards Adventure/Frontierland(s)?
I'm not sure if Peter Pan would already have a big line by the time we got done with 7DMT and if that would end up being a time waste that would be better spent enjoying low waits in the aforementioned lands?

The line for PP will start building at RD and it will stay long all day. It’s a highly popular attraction no matter what time of the year you are there. I would try to FP SDMT or PP or RD them on separate mornings.

We did the BOG breakfast than 7DMT, then Peter Pan successfully. A lot though depends on timing.

When we got off 7DMT we could see the hoards heading our way. We quickly made our way towards Peter Pan ride. Folks were pouring through the castle at this time. There was a huge crowd outside of Peter Pan already, but I had read this was normal and would soon get orderly and it did. We made our way into the queue in short order and the line continued to move, almost too fast, as we wanted to take in all the special effects in the Darling House rooms. As the ride is just opening the queue will move quickly once it absorbs the crowds outside. I'd give it a try, if you are still joining the rope drop crowds that are arriving right after the opening show. That way you can enjoy the queue which is an important part in my opinion to enjoying this attraction. You miss all that with a fast pass. Peter Pan's ride is one you want to do standby and first thing in the morning is your best shot.

Heading over to Adventure/Frontier land may not be as doable, as one might think. The walk way was jammed there with folks heading to Peter Pan line from both directions, making it almost impossible to get thru. If you decide Peter Pan is not doable, I'd head towards tomorrow land or do Winnie the Pooh right after 7DMT, you'll be right there.

If you are one of the first on 7DMT, then going on PP right after may work. If you are further back in line, while not as bad as 7DMT, the line for PP will alrady be long and probably not drop a lot during the day.

You wont be at the front of the rope drop people if you try to head to adventureland. Some of this also depends on how soon they let you on 7dmt, which is variable. We usually head to space mountain after 7dmt after a PPO BOG. We do adventureland at rope drop on a different day, and FP peter pan. If you make it to PP after 7 dwarves I do agree it is a fun que to go through (but wouldnt wait hours in). If you have a FP for it and make it on early you can always change your FP to something else.
I know this doesnt always work if you only have 1 MK day, but I always recommend getting a FP for tough to get rides, even if you plan to do them at rope drop, if they are a must do. Things can happen at rope drop to mess up plans (the ride is down, your breakfast takee longer than you thought, etc.). Having a plan and then a plan B is always a good plan 😅

I would go in with a Plan A & B. We do BOG breakfast every trip. Sometimes we actually get on 7DMT before the crowd and other times we are held in a line. If you get through quickly you can make PP and move on to others. Plan B would be if you get held at 7DMT then there is typically already a small crowd at PP when you get off. At that point, I do not wait for it, but hope to grab an extra FP later in the day. I love the ride, but it is not worth the 90 minute waits it draws at times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter