• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MK Plan help

Indee96

Earning My Ears
I'm starting to work on my touring plans for our April 30-May 6 trip. It's our first trip to Disney (my husband was there once as a child) and we'll have our girls who are 6 & 9. I'm trying to figure out what's the best way to attack Magic Kingdom. I know everyone is allowed in the park early now but we want to keep our PPO BOG breakfast at 8:10. It's been suggested that when we leave our breakfast that we head straight for 7DMT and try to ride it without a FP before the crowd gets there. I'm not sure if this will still be possible with everyone allowed in early. It's also been suggested that we leave breakfast and go to Under The Sea, Peter Pan, Carrousel, Dumbo, Winnie then 7DMT with a FP. Does anyone have any suggestions on how we should spend our first 2 hours that morning? Especially now with the crowds in early.

We stay offsite, and don't eat in the parks, so I can't help you with the ADR and going straight from an early breakfast. However, I can say that 7DMT gets a line in a hurry. I would think if you're in line before the park opens to the general public, I'd think you shouldn't have a super long standby line...it'll certainly be the shortest it will be pretty much all day (except maybe right at park close). So if you don't do that, then yes, you'd want a FP+. If you do hit 7DMT without a FP+, then other rides that get crowded quickly will be Peter Pan, Splash Mountain (if it's hot out), Space Mountain, come to mind. You may want to try to jump on those. Peter Pan isn't that far from BOG, so maybe try to head there. The carrousel line is always very short, so you can do that anytime. Under the Sea usually doesn't have a huge line either. Winnie the Pooh can get long, but I've seen it yo-yo....go from a 60 minute wait to a 15 minute wait just an hour later.

No matter what, just have fun!!!!!

I'm starting to work on my touring plans for our April 30-May 6 trip. It's our first trip to Disney (my husband was there once as a child) and we'll have our girls who are 6 & 9. I'm trying to figure out what's the best way to attack Magic Kingdom. I know everyone is allowed in the park early now but we want to keep our PPO BOG breakfast at 8:10. It's been suggested that when we leave our breakfast that we head straight for 7DMT and try to ride it without a FP before the crowd gets there. I'm not sure if this will still be possible with everyone allowed in early. It's also been suggested that we leave breakfast and go to Under The Sea, Peter Pan, Carrousel, Dumbo, Winnie then 7DMT with a FP. Does anyone have any suggestions on how we should spend our first 2 hours that morning? Especially now with the crowds in early.
If the park has already opened when you leave breakfast then there is no need to try 7DMT since the line will build almost immediately. Ride it with a FP or try to be there at rope drop. Peter Pan also can build quickly after park open. We typically head over to Big Thunder Mountain and ride that first, then Splash Mountain, then Haunted Mansion, then Pirates. It ultimately depends on what you want to ride first.

I'd include 2 days at MK. On your BOG morning, choose FP's after breakfast and enjoy the park around them. Plan another day to cover what you missed. Arrive when the park opens esp if you need to hit popular attractions on standby and book another set of FP's for later in the day. This should help greatly with your touring.

I know everyone is allowed in the park early now but we want to keep our PPO BOG breakfast at 8:10. It's been suggested that when we leave our breakfast that we head straight for 7DMT and try to ride it without a FP before the crowd gets there.

The key here is getting out of BoG BEFORE the people on Main St are let into the park. That happens at 9:00, so you MUST be out of BoG BEFORE 9:00....8:50 would be my goal. If that feels like you're going to be rushing breakfast or stressing about it, then I would FP+ 7DMT, and head to Peter Pan right after breakfast, then Pooh, and then the rest of FL.

Just in case you hadn't seen this tip, your 8:10 ADR means you get into MK at 7:45, and you can go directly to BoG. You will probably be seated early, so that will help you in getting out earlier. And if you pre-order your breakfast, that will speed up the time you spend there as well.

The parks are HUGE! A very important thing to add to your strategy is walking distance. Split the parks into 2 visits each (Except HS right now) Focus on one side one day and the other the next..like Fantasy land then down the left side of the park to Tommorowland and then the other side..Adventure and Frontier for another day.

As for BOG, people are not let into the mine train and Fantasyland early they are let into main street then held behind a rope until park open..so if that is at 8 your day then no early mine train benefit. If it is at 9 there is a bit smaller window than when rope drop was back at the park entrance, but if you hustle and are out there waiting by say 8:45 then you will typically be let on just ahead of rope drop (no promises) then you can use that pass elsewhere. You may want to try for 8am for the reservation to give a little more time..at the least report early hoping they will let you in early..also pre order so you dont have to do that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter