MK phased closures Thanksgiving week?

kiramay

DIS Veteran
I was wondering if MK hits any phases of closure due to capacity around Thanksgiving? Due to a change of plans the week after Thanksgiving, we’re probably going to hop to MK one night to see HEA 11/27, 11/29, or 11/30, and I’m curious if it’ll be closed.

Thanks!

Nope

https://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/capacity-closures

The following are dates within the past 10 years when Walt Disney World parks have reached, yet not gone past, a Phase 3 capacity closure:
  • Magic Kingdom: April 7, 2009; December 29 and 31, 2009; March 30, 2010; December 25 and 31, 2010; December 31, 2011; December 27, 28, and 31, 2012; January 2, 2013; March 25-28, 2013; July 4, 2013; December 31, 2013.
Phase 4 Closure
The park and parking lot are closed to all arriving guests. The only Phase 4 Closure in the past 10 years has been Magic Kingdom on April 7, 2009.

I was wondering if MK hits any phases of closure due to capacity around Thanksgiving? Due to a change of plans the week after Thanksgiving, we’re probably going to hop to MK one night to see HEA 11/27, 11/29, or 11/30, and I’m curious if it’ll be closed.

Thanks!

Even when it does close, its usually middle of the day for a short time. It opens up again after people leave. It will not be closed by the time HEA starts.

Just be sure to check if it is a MVMCP night. If it is, you would have to buy a separate ticket to stay for the HEA show. We went the week after Thanksgiving last week and it was really crowded. Which surprised me.

Just be sure to check if it is a MVMCP night. If it is, you would have to buy a separate ticket to stay for the HEA show. We went the week after Thanksgiving last week and it was really crowded. Which surprised me.

They don’t show HEA at the party. Also, there isn’t a party those days.

That’s why our plans have changed. I knew about the parties on 12/1 and 12/3, but now it looks like MK is closing early on 12/2 also for a private event or cast party. So my only options are around Thanksgiving. No parties are on those days.

The only thing we have seen over the past 2 years is closing the hub about 1 hour before HEA. No one was allowed on Main Street during that time and I believe that impacted the people entering.

We were at Disney the week of Thanksgiving last year, and specifically in MK on Sunday, Tuesday, and Thanksgiving Day itself. We saw nothing remotely close to a crowd size that would have resulted in a phased closing. In fact, MK seemed less busy on Thanksgiving Day than an Evening Magic Hour Wednesday during Halloween Party season.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter