MK/HS hours when holiday nights/hope to Epcot?

JennCa

DIS Veteran
I am visiting WDW over the holidays and a couple of the dates are the Jingle evening event at HS and Holiday event at MK. I am not planning to go to those events but am wondering how early the parks will close on those days if I go to MK or HS on one of those days. While it migth be open less hours it might make crowds a little less? Then, when it gets clsoer to dinner maybe we can hop to Epcot? Is is hard to hop to that park over the Christmas holidays?

Jenn

We often choose to visit MK on a party day and would do the same for DHS if we were there during the Jingle event.

Hopping begins at 2 PM. Hopping to another park has always been an option except for a couple of hours on MKs 50th anniversary date so hopping should not be a problem.

At least for MK, I 100% recommend visiting on a party day. We always go around Thanksgiving and get more done in the mornings of MVMCP days then we would get done in a full non-party day! If you have Genie+ you'll literally walk onto every ride because the return times will be immediate for pretty much every ride.

If you had to guess do you think MK and HS would close at 6 or 7pm on those nights?
What they’ll do is an add an hour if they think attendance will warrant more hours.

They haven’t ever moved the closing hour with MVMCP - they need to let the day guests clear out before the official 7pm party start, and standard is giving an hour which means day guest hours need to officially end 6pm.

I’d expect similar at HS with JN. Whatever time the party starts, the official day hours will end 1 hr prior.

Keep your eyes out for those added morning hours though. Sometimes they’ll do it only a week or two out, they’ve even done it just 1-3 days out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter