• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MK day~ Am I nuts?

momofboyz3

DIS Veteran
Monday May 27th I am planning to be @ MK for rope drop & staying to watch Wishes! Plan to have lunch @ Floridain Cafe or Kona. Dinner @ a QS. This will be our only day at MK so I don't want to go back to POR for a break. We will take the next day as a rest day. Have 13 yr old twins & 9 yr old. So do ppl do this? I see most do take a rest back @ their resort mid-day.

Monday May 27th I am planning to be @ MK for rope drop & staying to watch Wishes! Plan to have lunch @ Floridain Cafe or Kona. Dinner @ a QS. This will be our only day at MK so I don't want to go back to POR for a break. We will take the next day as a rest day. Have 13 yr old twins & 9 yr old. So do ppl do this? I see most do take a rest back @ their resort mid-day.

I think you'll be good :) It will be a long and tiring day, but the lunch in the middle will be a nice break and as long as your kids know what to expect, I think you will be just fine! Have fun and good luck!!pixiedust:

When I went in the past my family never went back to the hotel for a break and we were just fine. We lasted to the end, but were sometimes sleepy on the ferry/bus! I would say its ok, but only you know your children and whether you think they will be ok! :)

I think you should be good. Not too bad humid yet and the lunch break will be a nice getaway. Just allow enough time at lunch for the children to re-charge their batteries. When DD was little we always did a long lunch or dinner and never took breaks and we use to visit mid June. Have a great time!

We take a break at the resort because we have young kids. Your kids are older. I agree, with a sit down lunch, you may be fine.

We have never taken mid-day breaks, there were a few days my daughter has asked to leave the parks earlier, but she usually made it until after the fireworks most days. We usually get to parks at rope drop or shortly after, but take plenty of breaks in the parks throughout the day, sit and have a snack, watch some entertainment, a table service meal, a long QS meal etc.

We used to do that all the time with a 7yr old and 9yr old, and they lasted just fine. If we had a relaxing non-park day the next day, sometimes we'd even stay through EMH and stumble back to the resort at 2am.

I think you will be fine your kids are at the right age to be able to handle it! have fun! :cool1:

We have only ever gone back to the resort one time in four trips. It is quite possible to go all day, especially if you plan breaks and use the theater attractions to your advantage.

Attractions like Philharmagic, Country Bears, HoP can seat lots of people at once so your wait is usually minimal. Those attractions offer at least a 10 minute break from start to finish.

We'll be there all day with you! MK is our park on the 27th as well!

Last year, I was in the parks from 7:30am (pre-opening YES class) to 3am on May 27 last year. Our only break was a nice monorail ride from Epcot to the Magic Kingdom, and afternoon tea instead of a sit-down lunch. So I don't think you're crazy at all. In fact, I'm terribly jealous - the 27th is my birthday and I'd love to spend it the way you're planning!

Last year, I was in the parks from 7:30am (pre-opening YES class) to 3am on May 27 last year. Our only break was a nice monorail ride from Epcot to the Magic Kingdom, and afternoon tea instead of a sit-down lunch. So I don't think you're crazy at all. In fact, I'm terribly jealous - the 27th is my birthday and I'd love to spend it the way you're planning!

Awww thank you so much! And have a happy bday!

I am thinking you all should be good. when we went in 2011 with an 11, 6, 4 and 9 month old we were at the parks 6 days from rope drop till they kicked us out and we never went to rest at the hotel. DD took naps in the stroller or in my arms. Enjoy your time there, you can always rest when you get home!

You will be fine. May do Disney without taking a break at the resort. ;)

I would think it's fine. We just did about 12 hours in the parks one day when we were just there with a 7 and 4 year old and they were fine. They were in their stroller so not as much walking but I'd think with boys those ages they'd be fine.

Yup, people do full days RD to Wishes! We're in Miami and prior to me taking out an AP, our trips were: Friday night drive up, Saturday all day at MK, Sunday head home. It was exhausting but, it was a way to manage expenses. Also we stayed off property which now I refuse to. LOL!!

Now we go for RD, leave around 1-2pm, hit the pool or chill, back to whatever park for nighttime shows or rides.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter