MK at Phase B closure as of 11:45 UPDATE reopened at 9pm 12/31/2016

I can only imagine what it is like after the fireworks are done. Thousands of people making a bee line for the exit to wait for a few hours for a bus, monorail or ferry with tired cranky children who have never stayed up past midnight before. Wow, that sounds fun to see some fireworks. :scared1:

Went to AK today and we basically did everything we wanted and a lot more. The longest wait was 5 minutes for the single rider line for EE and Primal Hurl. Going to bed now and will be at MK for RD and should be able to enjoy the lighter crowds in the morning because the sardines from NYE will mostly be still sleeping. :)

Because we were locked into vacations during school breaks, we went every summer and we used to go every Christmas between Christmas and New Years. Always spent New Years at MGM (OK, it was MGM as the last time we did this was 2007). We stopped going because it was so crowded. There was so much to do though at MGM that it did't feel that crowded on New Years Eve. Back then there was the Osbourne Lights, table service dining, Fantasmic, and a concert by the Sourcers Hat. Lots of places to diversify the crowds. They had fireworks at midnight, and yes, everyone leaving at once was insane. We always did Christmas at MK and after the fireworks, we waited for there crowds to leave, getting ice cream and just hanging around till it was pretty quiet. IT wasn't just the New Years Eve or Christmas crowds that got to us, it was the entire week of crowds. I don't think I would do it again anytime soon.

I can only imagine what it is like after the fireworks are done. Thousands of people making a bee line for the exit to wait for a few hours for a bus, monorail or ferry with tired cranky children who have never stayed up past midnight before. Wow, that sounds fun to see some fireworks. :scared1:

EXACTLY!!! LOL I kept telling myself it's only fireworks. Do not drag those kids out there to deal with that madness. We are laying in bed.

I just watched the live stream from the disney parks blog....tears wishing I was there to see it, but still glad I'm miles away from that mess. Would love to do Time Square and the MK sometime

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter