• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MK at Phase B closure as of 11:45 UPDATE reopened at 9pm 12/31/2016

And, for those of you who want bad dreams, actual sign:

C1B8qL6W8AEthEx.jpg:large
My ankles started hurting instinctively :)

Thanks everyone for posting! Every once in awhile I get a twitch of a desire to do NYE at WDW... This reminds me why not! lol
Just left the world on December 18th, great 8 days, beautiful weather and low to moderate crowds! Awesome!
@yulilin3, I love love love your updates!

We got to MK for RD yesterday and did everything we wanted and more all walk on, all big rides.

Left at 1 pm back for 930 pm, walked on what we wanted again FPs started at 10:30. Left at 1:30 am and never waited in a line. Getting to RD about 30 minutes no later than that is key to be ahead of crowds. We did Epcot on Tuesday, AK on Thursday and MK on Friday and never waited in one line. We did everthing multiple times. Didnt do Frozen or 7DMT, my kids are 18 and 23 and had no interest.

Staying at SSR THVs and spend most nights at DTD where it is very crowded. Tonight NYE dinner at Boathouse.

So I'm currently sitting in My room at AOA debating on going to Epcot. I was at Epcot yesterday so there is nothing I want to get on and I'm so not with waiting around for hours with a 7yr old and a 12 yr old till 12am. They are like ehhhh they don't really want to go and I feel like I'm missing out if we don't go. I wish we could see the fireworks from here.

MK has folks everywhere. CMs handing out hats and horns. Disney usually moves crowds well, but I think NYE stretches them to the max. We are not accustomed to not being able to ride much.

So I'm currently sitting in My room at AOA debating on going to Epcot. I was at Epcot yesterday so there is nothing I want to get on and I'm so not with waiting around for hours with a 7yr old and a 12 yr old till 12am. They are like ehhhh they don't really want to go and I feel like I'm missing out if we don't go. I wish we could see the fireworks from here.
You know your kids best. If they are not into crowds and party atmosphere then don't go and save yourself the hassle
Epcot is fun, my favorite place to be on nye, but you really have to like the party atmosphere and it is very, very crowded

This is true. My 7yr old would probably throw a tantrum. Just don't know if I'll ever be here again anytime soon for NYE. WAHHHHHHHH!!

I'm sitting at the bus stop at POFQ. We've been here for about 15 minutes. It's the only park that has no bus arrival time posted. I hope we make it! :rotfl:

So basically all get in but for single day tickets without any other reservations?
What about folks hopping from another park? They shut out if they don't have any reservations and aren't on site?

Am I the only one that finds it interesting that MM will get you in too?

Really, not many are shut out, are they?

I was JUST about to say the same thing. That is the first I have ever heard of that. Duly noted!

So basically all get in but for single day tickets without any other reservations?
What about folks hopping from another park? They shut out if they don't have any reservations and aren't on site?

Am I the only one that finds it interesting that MM will get you in too?

Really, not many are shut out, are they?

I also found it completely random that Memory Maker gets you in!

And, for those of you who want bad dreams, actual sign:

C1B8qL6W8AEthEx.jpg:large
Sorry my post above didn't come out as I had wanted. Anyway, just wondering if this sign was at rope drop since there doesn't appear to be many people around? I'm guessing that they just weren't allowing anyone to rent an ECV or wheelchair. Does anyone know if that's why they're not available?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter