• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MK at Phase B closure as of 11:45 UPDATE reopened at 9pm 12/31/2016

yulilin3

DIS Veteran
As of 11:45am, Magic Kingdom is currently at a Phase B status. Phase B status includes admission for the following:

• WDW Resort Guests*
  • Disney Premier Passport, Disney Platinum Plus Pass, Disney Platinum Pass, Premium Annual Pass, Annual Pass
  • Guests with Memory Maker
  • Guests with dining reservations
  • Magic Kingdom Guests with reservations for Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, Harmony Barber Shop or The Pirates League
  • Guests with FastPass+ selections at Magic Kingdom Park

Magic Kingdom 1-day tickets will now be honored at Epcot, Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park.

Just came back to BCV from brunch at 1900 Park Fare. The line to enter the MK resort area was backed up all the way to the Epcot resort on/off ramps.

Glad there are those that can enjoy the crazy crowds. We would not be one of them. Doesn't sound enjoyable at all.

I hope folks are still able to have fun. I'm guessing that many either didn't research what Christmas/New years is like a WDW, or 2) had no other choice but to go this time of year.

Dan

Im at animal kingdom right now. Decent crowd. Was going to head over to MK for the festivities. Not now. I'll be watching for the updates at Epcot because I'll try and go there.

Glad there are those that can enjoy the crazy crowds. We would not be one of them. Doesn't sound enjoyable at all.

I hope folks are still able to have fun. I'm guessing that many either didn't research what Christmas/New years is like a WDW, or 2) had no other choice but to go this time of year.

Dan
I have been planning for next NYE since October! 365 days to go. I am well aware of the crowds, and we can go whenever. WDW at NYE is something I have always wanted to experience! I bet I am not alone. Glad we will be able to walk to and from EPCOT for sure!

At Epcot now, bucket list, am sure once and done. Never seen it like this. Fencing around water in Futureworld says opens at 4 for fireworks viewing. People sleeping all around on grass ... by noon. Soarin' FP+ line goes out back of building wraps to Imagination and back towards front of land. :eek:

At Epcot now, bucket list, am sure once and done. Never seen it like this. Fencing around water in Futureworld says opens at 4 for fireworks viewing. People sleeping all around on grass ... by noon. Soarin' FP+ line goes out back of building wraps to Imagination and back towards front of land. :eek:
We like to watch the first illuminations from the grass area by test track. It sure is an experience to remember

That's insane!!

As of 11:45am, Magic Kingdom is currently at a Phase B status. Phase B status includes admission for the following:

• WDW Resort Guests*
  • Disney Premier Passport, Disney Platinum Plus Pass, Disney Platinum Pass, Premium Annual Pass, Annual Pass
  • Guests with Memory Maker
  • Guests with dining reservations
  • Magic Kingdom Guests with reservations for Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, Harmony Barber Shop or The Pirates League
  • Guests with FastPass+ selections at Magic Kingdom Park

Magic Kingdom 1-day tickets will now be honored at Epcot, Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park.
So basically all get in but for single day tickets without any other reservations?
What about folks hopping from another park? They shut out if they don't have any reservations and aren't on site?

Am I the only one that finds it interesting that MM will get you in too?

Really, not many are shut out, are they?

Im at animal kingdom right now. Decent crowd. Was going to head over to MK for the festivities. Not now. I'll be watching for the updates at Epcot because I'll try and go there.
We did AK last year on NYE. It was a fairly good day. Didn't find the crowds bad at all

So basically all get in but for single day tickets without any other reservations?
What about folks hopping from another park? They shut out if they don't have any reservations and aren't on site?

If they're hopping from another park, they have a park hopper ticket, and thus the closure doesn't apply to them. It's only single day, single park Magic Kingdom tickets without reservations of (seemingly) any kind. (I think? It sounds like to me? I could be wrong... lol...)

What I find funny is that they let people with Fastpass+ selections in... so if you're barred at the gate, yet have a cell phone, you can at that point make any fastpass selection, and congratulations, you're now allowed in! lol...

I saw pictures of Soarin on Facebook. Why is FP+ so long? Was it down? Standby is 180 min.

Last year it reached only phase B as well. A very small portion of people are excluded from entering

https://twitter.com/EpcotNYE/status/815242392693522432

https://twitter.com/EpcotNYE/status/815242392693522432

And, well:
C1CDVDKXcAAc0VQ.jpg:large

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter