MK 4 1 Day Plan

LEsherick

Earning My Ears
Hello I'm Lauren I live in Southwest PA and Im a big Disney World Fan but don't get there often. My first time in DW was at 8 years old in 1990. My Parents drove down in the Dead of Winter I actually think it was over Christmas Break but we just have a big Blizzard up here. We visited MK and Epcot I don't remember anything really from that trip. Later in February 2001 right after my High School Graduation over Leap Day me and my Mom canceled a Cruise vacation and just decided to spend a few days in Orlando. We flew down our first flight ever. We visited Epcot and Universal Studios and I went to Wet n Wild Water Park on Leap day for a really cheap price I think $2.29. Anyway Epcot is my favorite Park and we are not really big ride people we just loved visiting the countries. Fast forward 14 years...
I am a owner of a Corgi girl named Laci
DSC05208.jpg

So I was introduced to this amazing community not only a online worldwide community but a community that plans great events to get together called Corgi Nation. So 3 years ago I took my first flight to Florida in 14 years. I attended a event called the Florida Corgi Picnic where 300+ corgi owners fill a dog park and let all the corgis roam around and play unleashed together and raise money for a nonprofit called Corgi Aid held in Palm Bay Florida.

Anyway I attended the Picnic weekend events only then flew home. But Last year I was determined to experience a bit of Disney again. So the Friday evening in Palm Bay I fell (I have MS) and broke my left wrist. So I had already reserved a ECV for the park but here I am getting on and off busses and monorails and trying to make it through a very busy park with only 1 working arm and hand. Im a pro now at handling ECV's. I reserved one night at a Clarion right outside of the Disney Springs area. I was dropped off by a friend there around 11am then I took a Lynx bus to the TTC and then the Epcot Monorail to Epcot and spent my afternoon there snagging a few Fastpasses last minute to Imagination with Figment, Nemo and Friends and Soarin. And then spent time visiting each country a bit and sampling a few vegetarian items from some of the F&W stands. Then as Dusk settled in and the crowds got worse I grew bored and decided to take the Monorail back to the TTC and then drove over on my ECV to Poly and got to see a bit of that resort but since I decided to go to the Contemporary and eat at the California Grill I got a appetizer and a dessert then went out to watch the Holiday Wishes from the terrance outside. It was a great 3/4 day at Disney World. But thats all I can afford at one time.

Now this year I just can't stay away from Disney World so I have planned another 1 day in Magic Kingdom this time. Remember its been 26 years since ever setting foot in MK. I am staying Sunday November 13th at a Airport North hotel as a friend is sharing the room with me and she has a 7:30 am flight and needs to stay somewhere with a airport shuttle. I am going to come with her to the Airport if I can take my rented ECV with me on the hotel shuttle or else take a Lynx bus then go to Magical Express around 6am and get a ride to Pop Century where I am staying Monday night. I will only have carryon item so I am just going directly to the MK Bus at Pop and hopefully arriving there before the Rope Drop Show. I will hang back as the crown goes into the park and soak up the Atmosphere of Town Square and Main Street then probably heading toward Adventureland or Frontierland first. Now remember I'm not a huge ride person I much prefer shows and theater type attractions and I'm only sticking with rides that I can either transfer to a manual wheelchair or transfer early to the ride vehicle or just stay on the ECV. So I will not be doing POTC, Peter Pan, nothing to fast and spinning, and none of the mountains as BTMRR is being worked on. I also have Fast Passes for Haunted Mansion at 9:15 - 10:15 am, Buzz Light Year from 10:40 - 11:40 am, and Meeting Mickey at Town Square Theater from 12 - 1pm. I might get Starbucks or something nearby for a quick breakfast to go. I will have from 8 am till my fastness time to ride some things first or should I do some Character Meets first as I would love to meet as many Princesses and some Characters as I can. After Haunted Mansion I either will have some time for a attraction or just head directly over to Buzz. If I get their at the beginning of my fastness time I will have a hour to explore Tomorrow land do Monsters Inc and then go to my Fastness for Mickey. By then Im not sure what I plan to do for Lunch but probably Pecos Bills for their Veggie Bowl and Fixin's bar and a Orange swirl in Adventure land I know I want to see the tiki room and do the Jingle Cruise. Then head to find a Parade spot (Is their a Handicapped Accessible Parade Viewing or where would someone in a ECV go to get good views of the parade. Im considering the Train Station as it up high and you can get clearer view instead on people standing in front of you) But will be near Frontier land or between their and the Castle. Then after the Parade I plan to do rides and attraction in Fantasy Land like IASW and Ariel's, Pooh, etc. I am not decided but I may want to do counter service lunch at BOG (Kids Mac and Cheese even and the Grey Stuff) if thats possible and save Pecos Bills for dinner or just do Liberty Tavern for their Veggie Sandwich. Then it will be getting dark I am not sure of the exact timing for Wishes and then new Light show which I read may be after Wishes? Anyway I need a great place for viewing Wishes I am bringing a small Tripod and my DSLR with a Prime Lens so I actually need to be far enough away from castle to get all the fireworks in view again I'm tempted to go up top at the train station and view, videotape, and photograph it from there. Then the park is not coming till 11pm Wishes is at 9pm I'm hoping the new Light show is before Wishes then I could go out to the boat docks and view the Electrical Water Pageant. So I am hoping this is a good schedule I truly am there to soak up the christmas atmosphere and watch the Parades and Shows. And since their are some good rides that are easy accessible I want to do some of them to.

I'm no expert but this sounds like a wonderful plan to me! It sounds like you've put a lot of work into planning it all out and thinking of everything. I don't have any advice for parade or fireworks viewing areas, but I can tell you that if you want to eat at BOG you'll need to make a reservation (even for counter-service lunch). I really enjoyed the atmosphere when I had lunch there last year.

Best wishes for a magical trip! Report back afterward and let us know how it went!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter