mister fans or misty mate

dreaminofdisney

<font color=blue>Wants it all....and now HAS IT AL
I went and got a small personal fan and a mister fan at Wal Mart and also saw an item called Misty Mate. It came in two different sizes that you fill with water (and ice if you want) pump it up and a fine mist of water is released into the air. I was wondering if these work. Has anyone tried these? Any comments?

I just bought the larger misty mate. It works great! There are no batteries you just pump it. It lasts a long time too. This past weekend I was at 2 outdoor festivals and the temperature reached 100 on both days. It was great having it. Be forewarned you will probably get a crowd around you wanting to be misted.

I also liked that it came with a strap to put around your waist or on your shoulder.
Hope this helps!

Thanks irisheyesliz! I think I'll give it try. I dont always do so well in the heat and this might help.

I swear by the Mistymates. They work wonders in the hot Florida weather. Much better than the mister fans if you ask me. Put some ice in there with the water and you're cool and happy all day long.:D

Thanks for the info.
Do you know if the misty mates are lighter than the fans with the water. I have the battery one.
AHHHHHHH I was at WalMart today. But i have 4 days I will go back if you tell me too.
We are starting to get freaky excited......
Leaving this Thursday and checking in with Mickey on Friday!!! Ya Hoo.
:bounce: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

We have both. The Misty Mate only sprays water - the Misty Fans spray water and then fan you. I prefer the Misty Fans. As far as which one is easier to carry - the vote goes to the Misty Mate which has a waste strap (at least the one we have). Both carry water so they weigh about the same - the fans are just a little more awkward to carry.

I am sorry to say this but I dont agree with The mister fans or misty mates REASON being if they get used in crowds thier is a chance that a camera or someones glasses could get sprayed I have Seen a Few arguments about people getting sprayed. I ounce saw an all out screaming Match At Universals IOA.. Thats just a thought to keep in mind if you do bring them watch where you are spraying and if the little ones are spraying warn them not to spray wildly for if some one gets wet who doesnt want to they could say something. Just my thoughts

we've used the "standard issue" spray water bottle with the fan attached in the past - found a smaller one recently (it's in the shape of a soccer ball) that we're bringing along in 2 weeks - have a misty mate, and as much as it produces a cool "mist" of water, i found it's a bit awkward to lug around (it has a waist strap) - i felt like a pregnant camel wearing it recently at a local festival, although i really like the light misting it gives off

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter