• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mistakes you made the 1st time you did DDP.

When we were there in March 2009, our resort let us do something called a "continental breakfast" where we could pick out 4 snack items and use 1 CS credit for them. One day they let us get 4 rice crispy treats for 1 CS credit - she had to ask the manager about that one so it might depend on who's helping you. They even had a button on the cash register for the "continental breakfast".

Which resort were you staying at? I'm trying to find out if Coronado Springs will allow something like this. Thanks!

(I'm sorry I just noticed this was already answered by poohmickey in post #201. But, I am curious if anyone has tried it at CSR.)

For conter service meals some of my family gets large drinks and then we ask for extra cups and share those drinks. The other half of us orders bottles of water as a drink so we can save for later.
Also we share counter service meals and that way we can get breakfast and lunch.
Also when using counter service at your reosrt use your refillable mug and then get a bottled drink for later.
I guess these are tips, not mistakes.
Hope it helps someone!

Just list anything that you have done in the past while on the dining plan so this first timer doesn't do the same thing!

We didn't use our snack credits during our trip, so we ended up having a bunch at the end.

I should have been much more free with them, because my DH gets hungry a lot and every time he said he was hungry, I should have just let him get a snack.

That's all I can think of right now.

I'll use our CS credits at Earl of Sandwich or Puck's Express instead of food courts. I've also printed out a list of items eligible as snack credits and branch out a bit.

The two times that we have been on the DP we would buy let's say a soda OOP because it's only $2.50 and we did not want to waste a snack credit on it but we should of used the credits first since we ended up with extras at the end.

Last time I studied the menus to make sure that I would get the most expensive items to get the most out of the dining plan. This time I am just going to order what I want, and I don't care if it is the cheapest item or not.

I second the idea that if you want a snack, use a snack credit for it. We also paid out of pocket for the cheaper snacks and ended up with snack credits left over at the end of our trip.

We split CS at the beginning of our trip because we thought we might run out but we ended up with extras at the end. We traded them in for 3 snack credits but we also had a ton of snack credits left. We took home many extra snacks. Moral of this: just use your credits each day don't try to save them up.

We will avoid ressies at character meals and other buffets. (Except Boma!) We were eating too much food...every one felt gross after 11 days of these meals.

Get the large fountain drink with counter service! There's no additional cost on the dining plan to get a large instead of medium with your meal.

I kept forgetting to ask for large at the beginning of the week... I finally started getting it by the end of the week though.

It's also helpful when you're thinking about sharing a CS meal. Sharing a large drink is certainly better than a medium! And ask for little or no ice to make sure you're getting a decent amount of beverage too. You could always ask for a cup of ice water on the side for free... and as soon as you drink the water down, you can split up the ice and the soda in two cups.

We will avoid ressies at character meals and other buffets. (Except Boma!) We were eating too much food...every one felt gross after 11 days of these meals.

Us too! :sick: This year were doing a lot of 2 credit meals or signature dining to help with that. We do have a couple of buffets (character meals for the kids...breakfasts), but no lunches those days, so we can use more of our snack credits!

Also, don't be afraid to ask Cast Members what can be used for a snack credit. Last year we were amazed the items you could get as a snack that didn't have the snack symbol beside it. And like other posters have said, USE YOUR SNACK CREDITS! For the last several years we've been on the dining plan, we've always had left-over snack credits. :headache: We've always drove, so we just use the extras for water, soda, and snacks for the trip home, but this year we're flying so I'm determined to use the credits...wish me luck! :thumbsup2

We split CS at the beginning of our trip because we thought we might run out but we ended up with extras at the end. We traded them in for 3 snack credits but we also had a ton of snack credits left. We took home many extra snacks. Moral of this: just use your credits each day don't try to save them up.

How do you trade a CS meal for snack credits?

I agree with everyone about using snack credits. We tried to save some, thinking we'd run out mid-trip. On the last day, we had quite a few snack credits left. We ended up buying snacks to take home.

If you're on the quick service plan or regular dining plan, since you get two meals/night, you could use snack credits for the third meal.

Whatever your plans are, definitely use the snack credits.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter