• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mission Space Popularity

BobC

Mouseketeer
Is Mission Space still popular?

I went last trip and I felt like I rode it alone, and it was midday.

I don't see much convo about the ride on the boards here either.

Just wondering if this ride is a dying breed and people are skipping it or not interested.

Well, I've been watching wait times on MDE for our upcoming trip and it consistently has a 35-45 min wait, so, I'd say it is still popular.

It seemed pretty busy last week and when we went in March.

We've never waited more then 10 minutes in all the times we've ridden Mission Space over the years. We usually ride "green"
and that line is often longer then for orange.

I think it depends both on crowd levels and time of day. We typically ride TT at RD, then MS, before starting our FPs. Never had more than a 1 cycle wait (MS green). By noon the line has grown.

I think a segment of Disney guests are put off by the possibility of getting sick (even if they don't get sick), and claustrophobia. For the true thrill seeker, it's probably too tame. I rode it a time or two years ago before they put the mild version in, have taken a pass ever since. They spent a lot of time & money on that attraction, I think it could have been better.

Mission Space can be quite inconsistent in terms of lines actually. Sometimes you will find waits up to 45 min while other times it can be a walk on or like 5 min wait.

We rode it in the evening a few couple of weeks ago during the week and it was dead. The CMs made us wait for another couple to arrive before we could ride.

I think it makes some people sick still or causes claustrophobia. Except for the bit of claustrophobia I think it's very dull. We do like seeing Gary Sinise though.

We rode the week it first opened. They were saying 1 of 4 people were sick and they had buckets lining the hallway. We rode that year and hubby was our one of 4. We have not ridden it since they toned it down. Maybe a lot of people are like us. Maybe this trip we could try again.

We rode the week it first opened. They were saying 1 of 4 people were sick and they had buckets lining the hallway. We rode that year and hubby was our one of 4. We have not ridden it since they toned it down. Maybe a lot of people are like us. Maybe this trip we could try again.

We rode during a soft opening right before it opened and it was intense. We were fine, we can do spin, but others were not. A friend of ours was really sick on it! When we went back to Epcot four years later it was not any where near the intensity that first time. I think there are many who may have rode it in the beginning and never went back!!

Hoping to do this when we go in a few weeks, but we have FPs. Had to use those 2nd and 3rd fast passes somewhere. FP tiering in EP is probably adds to any line here.

Green was a walk-on on July 4th. Orange was maybe a 10 minute wait later that week. I'm under the impression that crowds have increased since then.

I personally don't care for it. I rode it once and wasn't at all impressed. I wish they would eliminate this one and do a Guardians of the Galaxy thing there instead of getting rid of Ellen's Energy. :(

I know I only bothered to ride it once. It was the first time in my life that a ride ever made me feel sick, and I didn't get any sort of fun sensation. I'm usually a fan of spinny rides, but I describe the feeling of MS as someone standing on my chest and jiggling my brain. It's nice that I can save a FP that way :) (ya know, so I can use it for Figment...)

Rode it twice. Really liked it. BUT, my body doesn't like it. Didn't feel right for the rest of the day..... Twice! So it only took two times for me to realize that I cannot do this ride.lol.

I've been on Mission Space so many times in the past 12 months, I've lost count. Has to be at least 20-25 times. We do green because my wife isn't one for spinning much. I agree the line is very much hit or miss. I've seen it as a walk on, where orange barely had enough to fill the group of teams and we were in the green pre-flight room with one other couple. I've also seen it with 45 minute wait. I think a lot depends on weather and other rides. If it's raining and/or Soarin' is down, then it gets really busy. If it's sunny and everything is operating, it's not as bad.

Spaceship Earth can have a very similar pattern. It can be a complete walk on, or it can be a 30 minute wait.

I agree that it's hit or miss. We spent several days at EPCOT last trip. I walked on to MS in the morning every time, but in the evenings there were lines out the building for Green and Orange.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter