Mission Space Orange vs. Green???

My friend and I are going in November. She only wants to ride Green, but I would like to ride both. If we fastpass it, what would make the most sense? Use my fastpass to ride Orange then meet up with her and ride Green standby with her? If she uses her fastpass, I wouldn't be able to stay with her since mine was already used, right? Anyone have suggestions?

My friend and I are going in November. She only wants to ride Green, but I would like to ride both. If we fastpass it, what would make the most sense? Use my fastpass to ride Orange then meet up with her and ride Green standby with her? If she uses her fastpass, I wouldn't be able to stay with her since mine was already used, right? Anyone have suggestions?

Ride with her first. That way, in case the orange side of the ride is destined to make you I'll, you will already have experienced green with her. Then she am shop or relax or something while you ride orange.

I think most here are doubting the need for FP for free side at all so maybe use the FP for orange.

Orange typically has a much longer line. In fact, unless you are there on a really crowded day Green will typically be a walk-on for much of the day. There may be some times in the mid to late morning where standby on Green might be a 10 minute wait prior to the FP merge point, but most of the time it will be a walk-on.

You are correct about not being able to ride Green with FP+ with her if you use yours for Orange.

I would get just a FP+ for yourself and ride the Orange side. Have her wait for you at the exit of the ride (go in through the gift shop on the left side of the building. There are some games to play in there between the gift shop and ride exit).

After you get off just meet up with her and go on Green. You will already know how long the Green line is because you've just been in line. The FP+ is the far left line and Green is right next to it (just to the right). If you see a very small number of people in the line right next to the FP+ line, you know you can walk right back on with your friend to go on Green. If that line right next to FP+ looks very long for some reason, just come back later in the day and it will be much shorter.

If you are even remotely claustrophobic (as someone already mentioned), stay away. This ride nearly caused me a full fledged freak out. I felt as if I was in a tiny box, in a straight jacket. It was terrible. I had to ride with my eyes closed, and do deep breathing to remain calm, and I didn't move AT ALL, so I wouldn't feel "trapped." I'm always surprised at how some people love this, and then others (like myself) HATE it immensely.It's just terrifying for me. I'll take a crazy roller coaster dropping me 400+ feet any day over this.:eek:

Back then it was 4 Gs where now it is only 2. Disney made a pretty authentic training simulator but forgot astronauts are in prime medical condition and train for months before even attempting the 4 G simulators.

This is so sad, I loved that ride so much but it sounds like it will barely be worth the wait anymore. When I was last there (about 11 years ago) it was a very slow day so the ride was a walk on, and I rode it five times in a row -- all of them at the end of a Drinking Around The World trip. I never felt anything but exhilarated during the launch and "slingshot" sequences. I certainly did not engage in months of training for it, I just didn't think it was all that bad. The tea cups are WAY worse than than MS ever was.

Oh well, at least I got to enjoy the ride in the good old days. But the green side ride now sounds like the old DL Mission to Mars -- shake around a little but nothing realistic.

Everybody's going to have a different level of tolerance to the ride, but apparently the level of tolerance for the original 4G version was pretty low. I am one who never had a problem with it, but many did.

Everybody's going to have a different level of tolerance to the ride, but apparently the level of tolerance for the original 4G version was pretty low. I am one who never had a problem with it, but many did.

:thumbsup2

And there are those of us who actually quite like the Green side!

I don't know how accurate the web site Coasterpedia is, but according to that site the RnRC launch gets up to 5Gs. I'm sure that there is a big difference between a straight launch and a centrifuge, and I'm sure there is a difference in how long the force lasts. Still, I'm surprised that so many people hated the ride, given how few thrill rides exist at Epcot.

This is so sad, I loved that ride so much but it sounds like it will barely be worth the wait anymore. When I was last there (about 11 years ago) it was a very slow day so the ride was a walk on, and I rode it five times in a row -- all of them at the end of a Drinking Around The World trip. I never felt anything but exhilarated during the launch and "slingshot" sequences. I certainly did not engage in months of training for it, I just didn't think it was all that bad. The tea cups are WAY worse than than MS ever wa

Oh well, at least I got to enjoy the ride in the good old days. But the green side ride now sounds like the old DL Mission to Mars -- shake around a little but nothing realistic.

I rode it 10 years ago and loved it and just rode it yesterday. You still feel like you're taking off and being flung around the moon is fun but I no longer felt weightless after getting into space. That was my favorite part. In addition, only one member of my family will ride it with me and she would only ride it once yesterday. It's a little like Russian roulette because the extra people in your ship could puke. One person grabbed the puke bag during the ride but controlled herself.

I have always ridden green because my friends insist orange is way too intense and "everybody" gets sick. Green has started to bore me, so I really want to try orange but do not want to waste a day feeling miserable....:sick:

I would love it if Green had no G forces. Then you'd be floating like you're really in space. Unfortunately, in my experience, the ride pulls a consistent 1 G.

As a space geek, I LOL'd at this. Can we petition Disney to make a zero G ride??

As a space geek, I LOL'd at this. Can we petition Disney to make a zero G ride??

LOL, 0 G on Green:rotfl2: I've only done green....didn't want to chance motion sickness, but speaking of claustrophobia once rode green and pulled the restraint bar down just 1 click too many. My chest was constricted and I couldn't take a deep breath and started to experience my first panic attack :scared:. I tried to focused on short, smooth breaths and I think the only thing that saved me was that fan blowing in my face! Since the green ride doesn't move that much I now give myself some "breathing" room

Does anyone like the orange version?

I have always ridden green because my friends insist orange is way too intense and "everybody" gets sick. Green has started to bore me, so I really want to try orange but do not want to waste a day feeling miserable....:sick:

I always see people waiting in line for it, so I bet there are some. We know that alvernon90 would like that side better than Green. :)

:rotfl:
Wheeeeeee!

I booked FP+ for this to get other attractions we wanted but I have claustrophobia so I've never ridden it. If I don't ride it and my family does, what will that do to me trying to later book a 4th FP+?

If you are even remotely claustrophobic (as someone already mentioned), stay away. This ride nearly caused me a full fledged freak out. I felt as if I was in a tiny box, in a straight jacket. It was terrible. I had to ride with my eyes closed, and do deep breathing to remain calm, and I didn't move AT ALL, so I wouldn't feel "trapped." I'm always surprised at how some people love this, and then others (like myself) HATE it immensely.It's just terrifying for me. I'll take a crazy roller coaster dropping me 400+ feet any day over this.:eek:
Yeah, your post pretty much sealed the deal for me.

It ain't gonna happen.

I'd rather be beaten than have a panic attack or hork in front of a bunch of people at WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter