• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mission Space opening Aug 13!

Good news! I saw the article in the sidebar and immediately tried to get FP...
Our last day this trip in August is the 13th. We have FP for Epcot already but will gladly swap Nemo for MS if the fast passes open up for that day.

I'm stalking FP too. Everyone promise to come back here to update when you see they've loaded them in the system. I suspect they'll do it anytime now
They don't do these things just overnight

What gives with the rides being different now? Now I have to choose between the better ride experience or the new mission? Sort of lame. I'm excited it's reopening before my trip though!

Matt

Or you can ride twice to experience both!

What gives with the rides being different now? Now I have to choose between the better ride experience or the new mission? Sort of lame. I'm excited it's reopening before my trip though!

Matt

My guess is they wanted the experience for green riders to be richer and more authentic. The old version was just a gentle version of orange and was a little silly in terms of matching up what you "felt" vs. what you were seeing. I imagine this new version is more in line with what you feel while on the ride.

I went to book the FP, and noticed the message changed from:
There are no more FastPass+ times for this experience, but standby may be available.

to:

FastPass+ Service Unavailable

I wonder what this means. Maybe no FP when the ride first opens?

I went to book the FP, and noticed the message changed from:
There are no more FastPass+ times for this experience, but standby may be available.

to:

FastPass+ Service Unavailable

I wonder what this means. Maybe no FP when the ride first opens?

It has been showing as "FastPass+ Service Unavailable" for me for a few weeks.

I wonder, since they have lowered the height restriction, if the Green version will be milder now. Yes, I am someone who got nauseous on the Green side.

It has been showing as "FastPass+ Service Unavailable" for me for a few weeks.
I noticed Spaceship earth has no FP left for our Epcot day on Aug 14.

With MS opening so close to Aug 14, I wonder if I'm better off keeping my Spaceship Earth and Figmnet FPs. I know I'm keeping my Frozen FP.

I do want to ride both Green and Orange now. I guess green first?

Yeah! I was hoping I could finally try it and was sad when the refurb was supposed to be extended! Yeah!

I wonder, since they have lowered the height restriction, if the Green version will be milder now. Yes, I am someone who got nauseous on the Green side.
My understanding is not that they lowered the HR but that they have provided a booster seat, so to speak. So I'm not sure what that means for you riding but it's sort of different than just changing the ride to be milder, the changed the seat to allow shorter kids

From the blog post

Younger astronauts can now ride – the height restriction will be changed for the Green Mission side with the addition of new X-2 booster seats allowing children 40-44” to ride.

Matt
Why choose? Why not do both? That's what we plan to do

My understanding is not that they lowered the HR but that they have provided a booster seat, so to speak. So I'm not sure what that means for you riding but it's sort of different than just changing the ride to be milder, the changed the seat to allow shorter kids

From the blog post

Younger astronauts can now ride – the height restriction will be changed for the Green Mission side with the addition of new X-2 booster seats allowing children 40-44” to ride.

Either way, shorter/younger kids can now ride, no? Which is why I am wondering if it will have a significantly different "feel."

I always thought the Green side was more motion sick inducing the orange. While orange synced with the video, green was not quite right with the video, as a result of the spinning taken out. With the new ride being designed to be mild from the beginning, the video and ride should be aligned properly. Thus, I think Green will be less bothersome than it used to be.

Either way, shorter/younger kids can now ride, no? Which is why I am wondering if it will have a significantly different "feel."
I don't know. Changing the seat doesn't mean a different feel. That's all I'm saying. It may. But it may be no different than adding a booster seat to a car so the seat belt fits them better. That doesn't change the car ride, just makes the seat fit them

Why choose? Why not do both? That's what we plan to do
Same here!

With the experiences being completely different now, it's like they built a whole new ride!

In fact, I think they should rename the two sides, to signify the idea that the two rides are different. Like:
"Mission: Hyperspace"
and
"Mission: Orbiter"

Though, they would probably do a better job being creative.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter