• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mission Space green

Imagine a playground swing set. Now imagine that the frame is just above our head as opposed to 10-15 feet up so as you swing back and forth your legs move only a few feet. And now imagine that there is a box around you so you can't see the rest of the playground.

That is what Mission Space Green is like. Also you swing back and forth very slowly and a mechanism decides when you move and when you are held still whether all the way back, in the middle, or all the way forward.

There are several boxes, or cabins, all arranged in a circle, something like 20' diameter, with everyone facing the center. This is the circular path around which that the Orange version spins. The boxes are the same for both versions.

The video screen can induce nausea in some people. I find that true for some kinds of video screens including some video games and some virtual reality. If you know what "480i" or "720p" means, I get nausea with some of those video formats, notably old fashioned tube TV screens doing "480i" even with no physical motion.

Last edited:
Imagine a playground swing set. Now imagine that the frame is just above our head as opposed to 10-15 feet up so as you swing back and forth your legs move only a few feet. And now imagine that there is a box around you so you can't see the rest of the playground.

That is what Mission Space Green is like. Also you swing back and forth very slowly and a mechanism decides when you move and when you are held still whether all the way back, in the middle, or all the way forward.

There are several boxes, or cabins, all arranged in a circle, something like 20' diameter, with everyone facing the center. This is the circular path around which that the Orange version spins. The boxes are the same for both versions.

The video screen can induce nausea in some people. I find that true for some kinds of video screens including some video games and some virtual reality. If you know what "480i" or "720p" means, I get nausea with some of those video formats, notably old fashioned tube TV screens doing "480i" even with no physical motion.

Hmmmm... I felt a bit sick just reading that. I think I had better do the green one.

Hmmmm... I felt a bit sick just reading that. I think I had better do the green one.
It's actually very well timed and synchronized to minimize any perception of spinning. Seriously. If you didn't know you were spinning, you wouldn't even suspect it.

It's actually very well timed and synchronized to minimize any perception of spinning. Seriously. If you didn't know you were spinning, you wouldn't even suspect it.
That is Orange... this is about Green. I can't say that the previous to this description is very easy to understand. You're not swinging anyplace. You're not spinning, you are in a little room that is a simulator. The movements, be they forward or backward are synchronized to the image. Sort of like riding in a car, except some of the movements are quicker. You have something to hang onto, you have commands to follow and it is nothing like a rollercoaster, or a tilt-a-whirl. If you have an inner ear problem then avoid any of those type of rides because there is movement only it's not very violent and is very much a part of the story. Most motion sickness comes from the 360 degree movements that you experience in real life and it is in conjunction with mental and physical connections. Mission: Space is a forward facing, almost one dimensional experience. Claustrophobia is a problem for some, but, other then that, which thankfully, is not a problem for me, it is one of the safest feeling attractions in any of the parks. It is actually completely stationary with only tilting forward and backward during the display.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter