• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Minnie's Holiday Dine at Hollywood & Vine

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would anticipate it being two credits in the end as each TS credit is "worth" about $37. I can't see them allowing a $50 special holiday meal for one credit.

If they do, GREAT! :santa: I just wouldn't get my hopes up.

Yea that's very logical thinking

You know, I thought the very first CMs who acknowledged the dinner did say it was 2 credits for Fantasmic., but I could be wrong. I haven't seen any reliable blog postings that say the regular dinner would also be 2 credits...just lots of speculation because of similarities to the Star Wars meal.

I repeatedly asked her and had her clarify and she kept saying one credit so I'm really crossing my fingers it was just the blogs speculating and the CM I spoke with is correct :)

Since my Fantasmic meal on Christmas eve ended up at Hollywood Brown Derby, two credits for a F! For Minnie would be an even exchange, one credit and I get an Earl of Sandwich meal before hitting the road on the last day lol

I would anticipate it being two credits in the end as each TS credit is "worth" about $37. I can't see them allowing a $50 special holiday meal for one credit.

If they do, GREAT! :santa: I just wouldn't get my hopes up.

See, I disagree. This meal is to bolster attendance and spending at DHS and the price is near Chef Mickey's, Garden Grill, etc. Also, unlike the Star Wars meals, these characters are meetable in the parks during the holidays. But, again, just speculating and re-hashing.

Since it seems that they didn't even decide to have the dinner officially until very, very recently, all the rumors re: pricing could have been true at the time, but it is only now that it is being firmed up...and CMS are right now reporting it is one credit.

See, I disagree. This meal is to bolster attendance and spending at DHS and the price is near Chef Mickey's, Garden Grill, etc. Also, unlike the Star Wars meals, these characters are meetable in the parks during the holidays. But, again, just speculating and re-hashing.

Since it seems that they didn't even decide to have the dinner officially until very, very recently, all the rumors re: pricing could have been true at the time, but it is only now that it is being firmed up...and CMS are right now reporting it is one credit.

Did you just call? I suddenly remembered that when it was showing on the android app it was saying 2 credits for F! (I think.) Hopefully that is what took so long they changed their minds and are making it one credit! You wouldn't think it would take that long to change something like that but who knows :)

Disney characters dressed as SW characters were all meetable in the park as well. We can all speculate all we want, but won't know for sure until it's officially announced. But I will say that I highly doubt the addition of F! will increase the credits. It will either be 1 like MM or 2 like HBD whether you add F! or not. If paying OOP, the price will be higher to add F! though. And even if this is a tactic to boost attendance at HS, Disney knows we will pay premium prices for a premium experience (look at the cost of the Frozen package last year, for example). And with the return of the Osborne Lights, for perhaps the last year, I don't think HS will be hurting much for attendance during the holidays.

Sorry, I know this question was asked previously, but I didn't quite understand and need further clarification in anticipation of something, possibly happening on Thursday at 6am. Maybe. Who the heck knows...

To book online at 6am, do you use the MDE app or are you supposed to use something else? When my 180-day window opened, I couldn't get anything to work for me at 6am and basically had to wait and call at 7am. I think I had successfully booked one or two reservations online by the time someone answered my call. I can never get the darn website to work for me and I was trying to use my ipad, laptop, and iphone. THANKS!!!!!

I have been traveling to WDW since the stone age and I can NOT remember anything that I have invested this MUCH TIME and EFFORT into snagging! Trust me I am not complaining because I am a SUPER OBSESSIVE TYPE A PLANNER and this is totally pumping me up. I know I can ONLY confess that to you guys because my DH already thinks I am off the deep end.....:rolleyes1

Sorry, I know this question was asked previously, but I didn't quite understand and need further clarification in anticipation of something, possibly happening on Thursday at 6am. Maybe. Who the heck knows...

To book online at 6am, do you use the MDE app or are you supposed to use something else? When my 180-day window opened, I couldn't get anything to work for me at 6am and basically had to wait and call at 7am. I think I had successfully booked one or two reservations online by the time someone answered my call. I can never get the darn website to work for me and I was trying to use my ipad, laptop, and iphone. THANKS!!!!!

It probably won't show up on the MDE app, because special dining events usually don't. You would need to do it oine using the website or call. Some have been speculating that it might only be bookable by calling, but I REALLY hope that's not the case!

If this shows as a special dining event, which it likely will, you will not be able to book via the app, only the website. And maybe only over the phone!

I think the consensus is to not use the app, use the regular mobile website and then call if it's not there.

Disney characters dressed as SW characters were all meetable in the park as well

Star Wars weekends include a total of, what, 15 days total? I am saying the characters in holiday costume are available in multiple parks across the holiday season. IMO, it isn't really all that comparable.

We can all speculate all we want, but won't know for sure until it's officially announced. .

My first post said exactly that. ;)

Star Wars weekends include a total of, what, 15 days total? I am saying the characters in holiday costume are available in multiple parks across the holiday season. IMO, it isn't really all that comparable.

My first post said exactly that. ;)
Agreed, though many require a party ticket to meet, so this wll be at least a *little* cheaper than that :)

I have been traveling to WDW since the stone age and I can NOT remember anything that I have invested this MUCH TIME and EFFORT into snagging! Trust me I am not complaining because I am a SUPER OBSESSIVE TYPE A PLANNER and this is totally pumping me up. I know I can ONLY confess that to you guys because my DH already thinks I am off the deep end.....:rolleyes1

I agree, every time my DH sees me checking he shakes his head! Lol

Did you just call? I suddenly remembered that when it was showing on the android app it was saying 2 credits for F! (I think.) Hopefully that is what took so long they changed their minds and are making it one credit! You wouldn't think it would take that long to change something like that but who knows :)

It takes that long when you have to have a million different people sign off on the change....

ok I now see.... I am sick. Had my calendar marked 90 days out for BOG breakfast .... their website still says 90 days but looks like they just have not gotten around to editing that information. I literally feel sick. I just knew when they started doing breakfast my #1 place I wanted to go on my 1st Disney trip was in the bag after all. *sigh* its okay its okay I will go to bed and have sweet Disney dreams anyways... I will not cry. :( well maybe I will

What day are you looking for? I just checked 12/22 and there it's an 8:15 available.

I called for a different reservation but I asked about Minnie. She said they have a memo saying they start taking reservations on Thursday at 7am EST BUT if it was her, she'd call the day before to double check. I asked if it would be like the BOG breakfast opening reservations early and she said it could very well be like that. I asked about cost and she put me on hold to get the price list-
Adult/Child without Fantasmic
$50.05/29.81
With Fantasmic
$56.44/34.07
Both will be 1 table service credit.
I know we've been hearing differently but I do hope it's just 1 TS credit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter