• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Minnie Van now available from WDW to PC

It might be worth it though. We typically fly in the day before and stay concierge on the ship so getting there early is a priority. If I use my DVC points for a studio the night before and Minnie for the trip down, I break better than even. (note: I consider points a sunk cost and don’t attempt to monetize them. YMMV)

"6 guests and their luggage". In a midsize vehicle. Can you imagine the situation with 6 adults doing a PC cruise? Do they have options for cases like this?

"6 guests and their luggage". In a midsize vehicle. Can you imagine the situation with 6 adults doing a PC cruise? Do they have options for cases like this?

I had the same thought when I saw that picture. If I'm not mistaken, those are Chevy Traverses. We bought a new car recently and while we didn't go with the Traverse, we did test drive one. There is no way in the world you are getting six passengers and their luggage in there. Maybe the luggage goes by a different route??? I don't think the buses actually carry the luggage with them either - it goes by a different route. Maybe this service does as well.

Not everyone brings their entire wardrobe. I'm perfectly capable of doing a 7 days cruise plus 3-4 land days in a carry-on. I don't believe in checking luggage on a plane.

Wonder if you get early port access taking the Minnie shuttle like you do on the bus if it arrives before the port is opened up to everyone else?

Just a guess, but I'd imagine they're not allowed to take PC runs at an hour that would get them to PC before the port opens.

I think it would be more fun riding to port in a Minnie than a limo. Wishful thinking, I am too cheap to spend $240 for transportation from WDW to PC.

I could see this being like Remy for me one time just to say I done it and be done with it for life. But I see the cost going up fast and I’m done with the same old same old cruises until the new ships come.

Really? :confused3 It's just a van with dots painted on it.

I find suburbans (or pretty much any car) much more comfortable than a limousine. I rode in a limo ONCE and said never again. Most uncomfortable ride ever.

More of a fashion before function type thing, but I can see the fun in a novelty like this. If my wife and I could find 4 others staying at our resort to split the cost we’d probably do it once. Maybe we’ll ask around ASM in January before SWDAS.

This is awesome for our family of 6. We usually do a private car anyways. How do you book? It says not available by regular booking portals.

This is awesome for our family of 6. We usually do a private car anyways. How do you book? It says not available by regular booking portals.

I called a number I had for Embarkation Services from a previous cruise but it just went to the regular DCL line. A CM gave me some info after putting me on hold while he checked on some questions I had. I am on a "waitlist" and should be contacted by Embarkation Services probably tomorrow or Tuesday. We plan to try it at this point.

We need an accessible vehicle and I was told it will be a Ford Transit Van with a lift. We pick the time of pickup which is a sweet feature to me. I don't want to be there when the terminal first opens but want to be on the ship by noonish. Our luggage will go with us.

Thanks to Marc D for the heads up.

I called a number I had for Embarkation Services from a previous cruise but it just went to the regular DCL line. A CM gave me some info after putting me on hold while he checked on some questions I had. I am on a "waitlist" and should be contacted by Embarkation Services probably tomorrow or Tuesday. We plan to try it at this point.

We need an accessible vehicle and I was told it will be a Ford Transit Van with a lift. We pick the time of pickup which is a sweet feature to me. I don't want to be there when the terminal first opens but want to be on the ship by noonish. Our luggage will go with us.

Thanks to Marc D for the heads up.
Great! I will call tomorrow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter