• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Minnie Van availability lately

hereforthechurros

Here for the spring rolls too
With the hike in price, has availability improved? We’ve only been able to get one in the past few trips after many attempts. Hoping to use one once or twice over our Christmas trip but wondering if it will be an exercise in futility.

This is disappointing to hear. Planning on relying on Minnie Vans for our trip next year (need 2 car seats) and would rather have the convenience of rideshare over busses or renting.

But I keep seeing more and more reports of Minnie Vans being unable to get or taking a long time to get one.

We’re also going at a crowded time so maybe renting is the better option after all.

I’m here currently and have been since Monday. I have only taken Minnie Vans and I take them 4 times a day. Monday was AK to and from. And then again to and from later in the afternoon. Same goes for Tuesday for the MK, and I did the same for Epcot today. The only time I was unable to get a Minnie Van was Tuesday night after the rained out Christmas party. I walked to the Contemporary and got a cab instead and just held my 2 year old. The longest I have had to wait for a Minnie Van was 20 minutes. The one driver I had said that Disney is in the process of buying more cars and training more drivers because demand is so high.

I’m here currently and have been since Monday. I have only taken Minnie Vans and I take them 4 times a day. Monday was AK to and from. And then again to and from later in the afternoon. Same goes for Tuesday for the MK, and I did the same for Epcot today. The only time I was unable to get a Minnie Van was Tuesday night after the rained out Christmas party. I walked to the Contemporary and got a cab instead and just held my 2 year old. The longest I have had to wait for a Minnie Van was 20 minutes. The one driver I had said that Disney is in the process of buying more cars and training more drivers because demand is so high.
Thanks! That is reassuring!

Thanks! That is reassuring!

Literally, the best money we have spent. We have also learned a valuable lesson, we will only stay at a resort that is within walking distance to a park. We’re at AoA and it’s wonderful and the cast members have been beyond amazing, but after walking to the Contemporary like that...you can’t beat it. The money we’d save from taking a Minnie Van 4 times a day would easily pay for at least a night or 2 at a walkable resort.

Wow...we took a Minnie van twice, from MK to Pop Century, and including tip it was $100 for the 2 rides (and that was before the price hike!) I can’t imagine using it 4 times a day every day! It really is a nice convenience, but way overpriced, imo. Our Uber to AK one morning was less than $10.

Wow...we took a Minnie van twice, from MK to Pop Century, and including tip it was $100 for the 2 rides (and that was before the price hike!) I can’t imagine using it 4 times a day every day! It really is a nice convenience, but way overpriced, imo. Our Uber to AK one morning was less than $10.

I totally do not disagree. Lol but I am here with my mother and she refuses to take anything else. She’s also the one paying for them. If it were me, I’d take it if I had an early ADR, and even that’s only because I’d have my 2 year old with me. However, I do like that they can drop you off much closer in most cases than other ride shares. Like I said though, we’ll be staying at a walkable resort next time. For us, it just makes more sense

The only times that I have had issues getting a Minnie Van where peak dinner times.

We were there last month. We stayed at AKL and planned to take a Minnie Van to Epcot for a PPO breakfast at Garden Grill. When I went to book it, it had the estimated wait time as 25 minutes. A bus pulled up right after that, so we cancelled the Minnie Van. I was shocked at the wait time and it wasn't something I anticipated.

But that limits you to two parks maximum. Three of you change resorts. You will never (again?) be able to visit Animal Kingdom.

Does she realize she's cutting into your inheritence? :D

It does and for now, we are ok with that. Once my son gets a little older, then things might be a bit different. I’d love to stay at AKL, but it’s just too far. Also, I live an hour and a half from Disney. Once my son gets old enough, we can easily make a day trip to a park.

Lol my mom has been cutting into my inheritance for years! She loves to spend money. Sometimes it’s on absolutely ridiculous things...then again, my parents just bought me a condo. Idk. My family is a bit difficult to explain

Last trip in Nov we had a horrible time finding any mini vans . We rode them twice but tried to book one atleast 6-7 times on non peak times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter